Hot Shakes

Hey all!

New to forum - I usually use the Cambridge one but stumbled across the minimins site then the app so here I am giving it a try!!!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on making hot shakes?

I tried hot Cappucino the other morning an it was disgusting!!! Just tasted like chemically and yuk!

Xx

I've only just started (day 4) but I have the chocolate shake hot in the evening and it's ok, just mixed it with some cold water first to make a paste and then blitzed it with hot water.
With the cappucino someone has suggested to me to add some coffee to it. I don't drink coffee so not sure if this works but hopefully someone else will be along to help

Don't have the choc orange hot it's disgusting, the choc mint one hot is delicious. :)

I love the choc orange one hot... have it for breakfast at work in a big mug if it's a cold day. Lovely!

You have to try the vanilla shake hot with a smidge of coffee with it! Sounds totally gross I know.. But I read it on here some where and thought why not! And now I can't stop drinking them! Someone also suggested the strawberry hot but that sounds abit too adventurous for me :)

I've been totally put off hot shakes by trying cappuccino hot, scarred me for life!

I tried making my shakes hot, but I find they get unbearably sweet. Does anyone else find that too?
i dont know about unbearably sweet but i was surprised to find that the cappuccino shake was sweet when taken hot. i will certainly try it with a shot of espresso in it.
does anyone have any tips for mixing the shakes so that they aren't all lumpy? particularly when you dont have access to a blender.

smevs said:
i dont know about unbearably sweet but i was surprised to find that the cappuccino shake was sweet when taken hot. i will certainly try it with a shot of espresso in it.
does anyone have any tips for mixing the shakes so that they aren't all lumpy? particularly when you dont have access to a blender.

Hi,
I have a little hand blender which I use in a protein shake mixer cup. It's a really big clear plastic cup with mls measures on the side so less washing up! I always measure water first then powder, swirl around a little and blend for about thirty seconds. Either that or when I'm out I just use the rest of the shake mixer which is a little grid that fits in the top of the cup and a domed lid. Shake that for about a minute and strain out into a glass. X

I like chocolate hot. I have it in the evening and as I don't like the soups.

Whilst not hot I also sometimes have the chocolate with a shot of coffee. Lots of ice and then blended. It reminds me of mocca frappochinos from Starbucks. Yum. I'm addicted!

Back