How about a poll?

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW?
I'd slowly been gaining weight & had just over 1 stone to lose. I realised I needed to do something when I saw my mum with; high cholestrol, high blood pressure, water retention, diabeties & enlarged heart, this was mainly due to weight gain & a bad diet. Even though I've always eaten lots of fruit & veg I could see myself like my mum at her age & I just didn't want to be like that. I want to enjoyed ALL of my life & be healthy.

2. What's the biggest change you've made to your lifestyle since starting SW?
Adapting my meals to SW friendly meals. And realising how I enjoy everything in moderation.

3. How has SW changed your life?
Made me realise I can enjoy wine & choc & lose weigh, but not to over indulge.

4. What's your exercise of choice?
Cycling to work & walking at weekends/evenings.

5. What's your favourite SW meal?
A full breakfast with OH at weekend, of quorn sausage, eggs, beans, mushrooms & toast. And I'm losing weight :D

6. What's your favourite low syn treat?
This changes all the time, but at the moment, quark mixed with berries & a little sweetner on scanbran.

7. What do you do to pamper yourself that's not food related?
I'm not a pamper kind of girl.

8. What's your favourite bodywash/gel/soap?
Avon skin so soft.

9. What's your favourite body lotion/butter?
Avon skin so soft.

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide)
I've never felt the need to treat myself.

Great Idea Honey!

A near break up of me and my hubbie got me thinking about how we could improve our lives, we started on SW together, and are relationship has been it's best of at least 3/4 years.

Actually thinking about what I eat instead of grabbing something from the fridge or cupboard

It's improved everything, I can't just say one thing, everything from our food budget upto my *embrassed* s*x life...:eek: !

Walking

Tesco Meatfree Burgers, eggs and chips

Options White Chocolate mixed with Greek Yoghurt, or extra Cheese!

Foot and back massage

Radox

E45 I have to unforunately I have psoriasis

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide)

i haven't decided yet, I've lost 8lb's... I am just happy it's working :)

Being tagged in a picture on Facebook and reality hit that I needed to do something. Feeling tired all the time was also a big reason!

A totally different mindset when it comes to choosing food. Really taking the time to look at the labels and look up which are the low syn or healthier foods to have. Filling the fridge and cupboards with healthier options so the rest of the family leads a healthier life too!

Full of energy, feeling happier about myself, confident and determined to reach my target in all aspects...if I can do this- I can do anything!

I love ZUMBA!!! Does not feel like I'm doing exercise, just enjoy the dancing.

AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous with Tikka Spiced Chicken Thighs and Fried Mushrooms

Mini Milks/Mini Twisters (Choc)/Mikados

Facial, EyeBrow Threading, Clothes Shopping!

Dove

Bath & Body Works Pleasure Cucumber Melon Body Lotion (get my parents to bring me this from the US every year)
Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlilly (got this as a gift- lovely)

Reward myself after WI with a nice meal after every stone loss
Get some new clothes (whenever they get too big)
When I reach target will definately reward myself with a nice action packed holiday

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW? Gaining more weight after pregnancy than throughout.

My 5 a day probably.
I feel more confident and proud of the way I look after myself.
Walking/swimming
Bbq chicken and sw chips /surf and turf and jacket spud.
Muller lights /bananas/strawberries.
Don't have the time lol !!!
Lush Miranda.
True Star
Clothes!!!!

My blood pressure was too high and I couldnt get my contraceptive pills! It's now normal!

I don't sit on the sofa and eat rubbish all night! I still sit on the sofa, I just eat free foods!

I'm still a relative newbie this time around, but already I feel more confident, slimmer and more in control of my life. I feel so much better abouy my body and what it can do.

Davina Power of 3 DVD - Essential!

So many to choose from... anything off the fabulous Slimming Eats site, I love making low syn versions of my faves, Peppercorn Steak Tagliatelle (with creme fraiche), Blokes Pasta (Jamie Olive recipe with Joe's Sausages), Low Syn Curries & Lasagna... there's so much and I love it all!

Mikado sticks - 1/2 a syn each, a handful sorts out my choc craving!

Bubble baths with Lush stuff are a must! Home facials, nice massage if the OH is around... love shoe shopping as well, very relaxing ha ha...

Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids Soap is IMMENSE!

Johnson's Dream Sleep Lotion or Body Shop's Brazil Nut Butter... yummy smells!

I've just lost my first stone, so I've asked the OH to treat me to a Pandora bracelet... going to get a charm for each milestone on my journey :)

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW? I am 40 now and overweight. My mum and nan both developed diabetes in later life and i dont want to go down the same path.

2. What's the biggest change you've made to your lifestyle since starting SW? I am more aware of what i eat. I am not always disciplined though.

3. How has SW changed your life? Not really changed it much yet as I struggle with this daily.

4. What's your exercise of choice? Exercise bike, walking the dog (trying to teach her to job with me) and the wii fit plus.

5. What's your favourite SW meal? Steamed white fish with SW chips and salad. Yet to try the SW KFC.

6. What's your favourite low syn treat? Pink n whites all the way.

7. What do you do to pamper yourself that's not food related? Need to find something. I am getting ideas after reading everyone elses pamper treats.

8. What's your favourite bodywash/gel/soap? Use Avon body wash. Find them very refreshing.

9. What's your favourite body lotion/butter? Avon's avocado and olive oil. If i cant eat avocado i can at least wear it.x

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide) Not got to my stone yet but hubby has promised me a pandora bead each time. plus something sexy once at target weight ;)

I cant answer them all as im yet to still discover things!! lol

i wsa heading for a size 16 and 13 stone 8lb! i felt fat and frumpy and unhappy and unhealthy!! My friend decided who is slim but shes unhappy with her weight asked me to go along, and thats when i decided its time to do something about it!

2 weeks in and tbh nothing yet...apart from im walking everywhere instead of taking the bus, and i go to the gym 3 times a week

It hasn't as of yet

I love going to the gym!! im crazy about it!! and i love the cross trainer!!

I dont have one yet lol

2 finger kit kat! :) or a ww carrot cake! there the lowest syn treats i know of to date lol

I have a nice long bath :) in some yummy bath stuff! and a read of a good magazine! :) Im a girlie girl, i love pampering myself, face masks...nail varnish! :) everything! takes my mind off food for at least an hour lol

Im using this one at the moment by Imperial Leather, it smells lush!! like perfume lol i really like it and it leaves me so soft!!

You cant go wrong with Coco butter

Hmmm well its hard to not think of food! :) i think i may say to my friend when we get to a stone loss each, we will go out with our other friends for a meal or something, see what she thinks, or a girlie day out!

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW? this time round it was seeing a picture of myself at xmas and knowing I was 30 in 4 months and wasted my 20's being fat.

erm thats a hard one cause I don't think I have made any big changes I still eat everything I want just in control situations

3. How has SW changed your life? I feel like I have something to look forward to and I feel better ofcourse

4. What's your exercise of choice? I walk to and from work everyday thats 2 hours a day and I go to gym on sats

5. What's your favourite SW meal? bacon,egg,beans,mushrooms

6. What's your favourite low syn treat? mini milk

7. What do you do to pamper yourself that's not food related? have my hair done

8. What's your favourite bodywash/gel/soap? dove

9. What's your favourite body lotion/butter? dove

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide) no said I would but I haven't so far

holiday photos.....yuck!
taking stock of what I manage to put away...I write it all down, even though sometimes I really don't want to.
Goodbye to guilt when eating
I'm sooo lazy but i also want to do stuff that I know I'll keep at....cos otherwise I'll end up feeling guilty and a failure. I like walking, especially walking around the shops!
SW chips, egg and beans

I am obsessed with Alpen Lights, especially the Choc Orange flavour
facials about three times a year, long hot baths and (about once a year) a massage
Ones from the range of any perfumes I like, and Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin

don't really use them...is that bad?!
10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide
so far it's been clothes but target is proving soooo elusive I might have to up the stakes. I would LOVE a new car but need to look at the finance...we'll see

thanks HoneyOc...enjoyed that! x

I hated having to point everything in WW, and when I moved from the Midlands to Devon I wanted to make a social group and friends, I thought joining a slimming club was a good start, something in common already, as for wanting to lose weight, its a mix of vanity and health reasons.

given up alcohol, and started cooking more

No, I have changed my life, SW is part of a toolkit to help me do that.

WII fit, walking, Gazelle x trainer and leg magic. I wear a pedometer and make sure I reach a min target each day

depends on my mood, could be a roast, a full english, sw chips or a stir fry. I love the freedom with fruit and veg.

muller light mixed with quark and geatine sachets. sometimes I do a trifle thing, others just a toffee muller and quark and set it.

bathe, shave, do hair, exfoliate - mamouth bath time session.

ooh where to start!! flying fox shower gell from lush, macedamia nut body polish from soap and glory, loccitane shea butter range, anything that smells like freshia

loccitane shea butter, body shop shea butter, sanctuary mandelular from boots

I like getting a certificate from my group leader and a fridge magnet, I guess I should set a treat for myself for when I reach the 1 stone award, but with a wedding coming up and a ton of toiletries in the cupboard, there is no cash for a treat.

maybe i'll get a new top from a charity shop or a book, I love books and charity shops.

I had been "dieting" on and off for about a year, not really sure what I was doing and in hindsight I wasn't eating healthy at all! So decided to join a group for some real advice.

I don't eat anything processed anymore it's all made from scratch in my kitchen! I have become quite a good cook!

I think about everything I eat, instead of eating it then thinking about it later.

Walking and cycling, both done at the gym!

Mm.. there's so many. I love beef kofta curry with boiled rice, from the new curry book! And sweet and sour chicken! There's loads honestly :) can't think

Curly wurly's, banana cake, scan bran cake, Mikado's, skinny cow icecreams.. so many lol

Buy ridiculously expensive make up :eek:

Original Source scrubs + shower gels

I use Nivea body lotion + moisturiser

I have a charm bracelet but it's been filled up by people buying me charms as gifts, not as 1/2 stone rewards! I have been thinking a lot about getting to target, and I really want to go out and buy an entire new wardrobe.. so with every stone I lose I might put some cash aside for that :)

Have done it before and instead of just trying to be careful really needed to change diet completely

Stopped eating so much fats e.g no butter or oil (just fry lite)

Made me feel so much better and made me aware of what i am eating

Walking and dancing round the house doing housework!!

Got to be currys (made with low sin paste) and Gammon egg and SW chips

having a couple of poppodums with my curry with syn free natural yogurt and mint sauce "dip"

Shopping!! (nothing major, just go to the big £ shops and spend a fiver or so on holiday skin, kitchen equipment (pie dishes this week for individual shepherds pie etc) also love the charities!

Molton Brown ginger/ cool blue? (mens one smells yum!)

Molton Brown

Shopping as above !!
I love bargains and the charities!!

Although I've always been big, after having my little girl last year the weight just piled on. I want to be an active mum and not shy away from life like I have been, so having my daughter and turning 30, the time has definitely come

It has to be cooking. I cook so much stuff now from scratch, whereas before I used to just open the packets.

I feel so much better about myself, my confidence is returning and it has given me a realistic way of achieving my ideal weight

I walk in my lunch breaks at work and I also use the exercise bike, DVD's, Wii and swim when I get chance!

So many to choose from, quorn chilli, sausage and bean casserole, SW chips, beans and veggie sausages

At the moment, mini chocolate twisters 2 syns

Not really a pampering person and don't get much time to myself with a 1 year old, but getting my hair done always feels good

Dove

Dove and Palmers Cocoa Butter

nothing at the moment but think I need to treat myself so will have a think

A couble of things, not being allowed on the 'normal' pill and seeing my reflection in mirrors, windows etc, awful!

Being more in control, even though at tmes I binge the bestest bit is knowing when to stop and chucking food away with washing up liquid!

I have a better relationship with food and feel more confident and in control :)

Exercise dvd, got a bit bored with Davina although she is excellent and has really helped with the toning process. I am currently loving Joanne Hall drop a dress size which is brillent for toning and can see the difference which has added to my confidence levels!

Roat dinner, sweet chill chicken and of course the classic chicken with philly light in the midde wrapped with paraham, yum yum to name a few.

Options hot chocolate, BD sweet chilli sauce, Solero, french fries, curly wurly, mars ice cream, light cream I think Elma with strawberries :)

Clothes, music, bubble bath, books, films!

Orginal slimmy lime shower gel :D

Simples as I have sensitative skin.

Buzz around and be happy :D:D:D

Always needed to lose weight, but I'm going to Florida in October and want to lose enough weight to feel comfortable in a bikini when I go!

Eating more fruit and veg, never touched it before!

Feel like I have more energy, starting to notice the weight disappear. :)

Just Dance on Wii! So fun.

Spag bol. :)

Mini milks.

Don't know the make but it's lemon souffle scented and I just love the smell of it.

Soap and glory.

Have a bit of an off night really, maybe take away!

I came back from my 10th wedding anniversary dream holiday in Kenya, looked at my photos and thought "what do i look like" i spent days reflecting on how i felt - which was was sluggish, tired, frumpy grumpy and then i thought about how i felt losing weight on SW - full of energy, looking vibrant and healthy and happy and the penny dropped!

Planning and adapting meals accepting that there is no "bad food" and that its just a case of balancing out not so healthy foods with good healthy foods

also, SW'ing every indian recipe that i know and getting away with it!

i feel focused and in control even at work i can concentrate better!

Boxercise, kick boxing, running swimming and yoga

uummm eggs eggs more eggs!! anything with eggs!! baked fish in parmesan, lemon zest and breadcrumb made with bread from HEXb

Chocolate but its not low syn - merangues, mini milks marshmallows

have a lovely bubble bath, if i could afford it i would have massages by a professional but i guess i will just have to make do with the hubby!

Sanctuary Covent Garden

Sanctuary covent garden again!

I guess i treat myself when i change dress sizes so thats my mini celebration!!

It was photographs of me at Christmas. Normally, when some were taken, I'd have a few that I didn't really like, but never bothered me. These ones were all AWFUL! I looked fat, bloated, and not myself, and I didn't like it! I'd been so-called following another plan, and doing their exercise class once a week, and convinced myself that just cos I wasn't loosing, I was STS and that was fine. My sister joined SW before Christmas and lost a stone, just like that, and she looked great. So I had a long thought over Christmas, and joined the first week in January and I haven't looked back!

I think it's actually watching what I am eating, and trying new recipes. Okay, so some are vile and I'll never eat them again (Quorn sausage casserole, I can still remember the taste and texture!) but for the first time in my adult life, I am actually cooking, and enjoying it and enjoying the food I'm eating!

See the above. Trying new foods, and I have my confidence back. Dunno where the old me was hiding!

I do a lot more walking now. I've started getting off of my bus 4 stops early, and walk through the park everyday to meet my kids from school. We usually all go out for a good long walk at weekends too, which is great for all of us, and our dog is happy!:D I also have a bicycle, and actually go out riding by myself! I may moan about my sore bum for a few days after, but I do really enjoy it!

Home made beef burgers (made from extra lean minced beef) with SW wedges!:) Plus tonights dinner, a grill up - poached eggs, bacon, beans, tomatos and mushrooms. Who woulda thought that was a diet dinner? And Weetabix cake - yum yum!

Go Ahead yougart bars, 3.5 syns for both biscuits

A weekly face pack, and a soak with a book in the bath

I love Soup and Glory products, makes me feel pampered, whilst smelling gorgeous, and not having to spend that much on the products

Nivea, Baby Lotion or Avon's body cream. Soap and Glory's is amazing, just doesn't last long enough!;)

I don't! Isn't that sad? Ha ha! That sticker and certificate is enough for me!:D

Claireybella I think those go ahead bars are 3.5 syns for each biscuit not both.

Really?? So 3.5 syns for both biscuits??? :D :D :D :D :D
How did you check online anyway? I looked under G and didn't find go ahead...

Thanks Allie!

Back