How are you target members doing out there?

I haven't really eaten properly since New York as the week jet lag really threw me then my party week then come down after the party and the week just gone.
Now star week. I think I need a weighing break

1/2lb on for me this week, which I'm OK with - though a little unsure as to why as I was technically eating to lose last week lol. But I have a cold which always makes me retain a bit of water, so I'll just carry on with another week the same and see how I go for next WI.

I definitely need to get some scales though - this waiting for a week to see what's happening is driving me up the wall! Weird as I never felt the urge to weigh when I was losing, but maintaining is a whole new mental experience I guess - I'm going to put them on my Christmas list - so best scale recommendations please girls :)

Molly I wouldn't be phased by 1/2lb...could just be the day.
I have 3 sets of scales, sort of by default but the ones that weigh closest to the SW ones are the WW scales from Argos:
Buy Weight Watchers Easy Read Precision Electronic Scales at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom scales.
I also have the all singing all dancing ones that measure all sorts but they weigh very light compared to the group ones.
My other set are kilos...drove me mad which why I sent to the UK (from Spain) for the Argos ones.

No, I'm not too phased by the 1/2lb ... though I have started the food diary again this week (I'd kind of let it lapse because it's a pain lol, but it is ultimately helpful). Thanks for that recommend :) I had heard that the WW ones were good ... Hubby is so far resisting hints about scales resolutely mind you lol - he knows just how obsessive I can be with them ;)

Well I stuck to my guns and I didn't get weighed so I just need to try and have a good week.

Molly I am lost with you are you still under under target ?

I made a parsnip and apple soup in the soup maker yesterday which I am really enjoying but it probably needs a bit of cheese to cut through the sweetness

Yes Jaffa I'm still under my SW target (but bang on my 'in my head' target). My official target is a bit high, but I don't want to drop a whole 7lbs so I'm kind of doing my own thing at the moment.

The soup sounds lovely! I might give that a whirl at the weekend :) I made braised red cabbage last weekend and substituted the grated apple for undiluted sugar free apple squash - it worked brilliantly for giving an appley flavour but without adding calories or syns :) I also made curried parsnip soup, which is a favourite of mine - even my daughter loves it bizarrely even though she isn't keen on either curry or parsnips - go figure!

Been struggling the past few days to keep my syns under control.

Suppose it`s because I`m at target and not at the "losing" stage anymore.
I`m restarting the food diary I do at home.

Any more suggestions? I don`t want to undo all my hard work.

The whole maintaining thing is hard to get your head around I think Annette - I was in a comfortable zone with knowing what I had to do to lose, but adding stuff in to maintain kind of throws me off balance - because I don't know how much to add and it all feels so hit and miss!

I'm food diarying as well - including weighing what I eat and logging it into myfitnesspal in an effort to keep a calorie track and see what's going on. It's not that I'm only serving weighed and calculated portions, more that I'm serving the portions I want but weighing them so I can log them if that makes sense - kind of like the tail wagging the dog lol. It won't be a long term project, but for now it's giving me a sense of being in control, in that it feels more like a learning curve and less like a headlong roller coaster ride.

Well done Jaffa, hope you start feeling better very soon.

Did you use cooking apples? It sounds like a nice soup.

It was a packet of parsnips reduced to 5p !!
2 small granny Smith apples
1 white onion
Garlic powder
Veg stock
Glass of lactofree milk

Onion was fried off then everything was added to the soup maker and 21 minutes later blended soup

Yes Jaffa I'm still under my SW target (but bang on my 'in my head' target). My official target is a bit high, but I don't want to drop a whole 7lbs so I'm kind of doing my own thing at the moment.

The soup sounds lovely! I might give that a whirl at the weekend :) I made braised red cabbage last weekend and substituted the grated apple for undiluted sugar free apple squash - it worked brilliantly for giving an appley flavour but without adding calories or syns :) I also made curried parsnip soup, which is a favourite of mine - even my daughter loves it bizarrely even though she isn't keen on either curry or parsnips - go figure!

You can drop your target by less then 7lbs at consultants discretion.I dropped mine by 5lb and my friend dropped hers by 3lb so it can be done

Been struggling the past few days to keep my syns under control.

Suppose it`s because I`m at target and not at the "losing" stage anymore.
I`m restarting the food diary I do at home.

Any more suggestions? I don`t want to undo all my hard work.

I took me a good few months but maintaining is all roller coaster ride up down up down
The odd extra syns won't hurt but it is when they turn into a regular occurance abd habits creep back you need to reign yourself in.

Enjoy the 6lb target range you have and just see how the next 4 weeks go what works what doesn't ie extra hexs or a meal out or extra syns then reevaluate.

Everyone's weight goes up and down its natural

Annette I agree with Molly & Jaffa, maintaining takes some juggling but you'll get to know what works for you.
I have always tended to use my syns for mugs of Options and my daily chocolate and choose foods that work in free/superfree and of course full use of my HEX's. I'm not above having a day off plan, especially if it's a meal out. SW call it a flexisyn day when we should have some idea of how many syns we will consume...I can't do that because if I'm going to enjoy myself then I don't want that restriction.

You can drop your target by less then 7lbs at consultants discretion.I dropped mine by 5lb and my friend dropped hers by 3lb so it can be done

I know, but I've already dropped it once by 5lb, so they aren't too keen on me adjusting it by a 'non prescribed' amount again <cross face>. I do get that they don't want people to keep adjusting in order to get out of paying, but the 7lb thing is quite annoying! For now I'm just aiming to maintain at my 'in my head' target for a few months and then I'll launch an offensive on them ;) lol

Yay!! Janet at getting your very well deserved Diamond certificate :D x

Back