How are you target members doing out there?

I would just ask all they can do is say no.
I am certain my consultant tweaked hers like that and they can tell by your weigh history it is a more realistic weight for you

Thanks for all the advise ladies!

While I was still "losing" I had limited my syns to about 5 a day. Now that the breaks are off, so to speak, I`m starting to panic a bit.

I`ll try to keep an eye on things while my head catches up with my weight loss. I love being able to buy size 8-10 clothes and don`t want to go back. Don`t think it will be easy though.

It`s my youngest grandson`s first birthday on Friday and there`ll be a party. If I can, I`ll try to have something to eat before I get there. While I want to enjoy myself, I don`t want too many sausage rolls, crisps, pieces of cake etc.

Since being on SW, I`ve sort of gone off greasy, stodgy food.

Well done ginlin! And congratulations Janet on your certificate (at last!). I've been away this week, and at weigh-in today I'd put on 3 pounds. Very pleased with that, I'm still under target and I thought it would be loads more. In fact, I'm a bit worried now that the rest will sneak on next week!

Fantastic ginlin that's brilliant

:wow:Lynne...2lb is tremendous!!! Will you be staying off the scales for this week too?

Well done ginlin! And congratulations Janet on your certificate (at last!). I've been away this week, and at weigh-in today I'd put on 3 pounds. Very pleased with that, I'm still under target and I thought it would be loads more. In fact, I'm a bit worried now that the rest will sneak on next week!

Thank you girls, and yes, going for another scale free week!

Thanks Jo...
You did very well and still under target so no worries there. I have heard that can happen but hasn't personally to me.

I took two huge bags of "fat" clothes to the charity shop this morning, then treated myself to a mini shopping spree. Favourite purchase: a pair of skinny jeans in a size 12 (even typing that I find it hard to believe!).

I took two huge bags of "fat" clothes to the charity shop this morning, then treated myself to a mini shopping spree. Favourite purchase: a pair of skinny jeans in a size 12 (even typing that I find it hard to believe!).

Jo, I know what a wonderful feeling that is when you can buy new clothes in smaller sizes. Your loss is somebody else's gain...plenty of takers in the charity shops; I get some bargains there myself from time to time.

Last edited:
It's a fab feeling isn't it Jo :D I'm in a size 10/12 now ... I don't think I've fitted in a 12 since I was about 10 years old!

This week my younger daughter had an interview and needed a tailored skirt to wear - now she's a petite 8-10 since losing 2 stone on SW, but she popped round to borrow one of my smaller 12s, which fitted her perfectly. I honestly never contemplated that my girls would be able to borrow my clothes! :)

I try and do a charity shop trawl every few weeks (there are a lot where I live). A lot of the time there is nothing I fancy, but every now and then there are real bargains to be had. My favourite buy ever was a silk Monsoon dress which was brand new (it still had the tags on). Absolute steal at a tenner. Luckily I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it when I "outgrew" it - I fished it out of the wardrobe last week and it fits again!

Well that was an interesting week :) I decided that I couldn't mentally cope with the whole 'hit and miss' nature of trying to maintain the way I was doing it and that I needed a framework, at least until I've worked out roughly what a maintaining 'diet' should look and feel like - so I've spent this week serving the portions that I largely wanted but weighing them and logging them on MFP to calculate calorie intake.

Once I'd got over my shock at just how many calories there are in fruit and protein (and adjusted my portions accordingly lol), it felt wonderfully 'in control' and I've certainly stressed about it less :D I aimed for 800 calories a day and ended up averaging around 840, thanks to a salmon overload lol - which showed a 2.5lb loss for the week (some of which is due to actually going to the loo before WI for once I think). That takes me to 2.5lb under my 'head target', so I'm happy with that :D This week I'm aiming for 1000 a day as my baseline and will see what that shows at WI next week.

I'm almost expecting to maintain on that - I have a feeling that my BMR is in all likelihood shockingly low at around 1200 calories a day, so I'm going to tread carefully while I work it out ... I have to say though that, even though it's not SW (though I'm still eating along SW principles which basically means lots of superfree veg), the lack of guesswork has made it feel like a weight has been lifted and, even though it sounds like a lot of obsessive hard work, I'm actually obsessing about food much less, because there's some quantifiable structure to it and I'm so much less stressed about what the scales are going to show :D

Oddly enough Molly, it seems to be quite common amongst those getting to Target to switch to calorie counting to maintain, or to boost weight loss when hitting a plateau.

I couldn't do a thing weight loss wise with extra easy, far too many carbs, and found red/original more suited to me and only now do extra easy once or twice a week if rice or pasta is to form part of our main meal.

Well done on this weeks loss!

I've pretty much followed Red from quite early on Lynn - Extra Easy allows me far too much leeway to overeat on carbs and with the gluten intolerance etc it just made sense not to go there lol

I'm really not surprised to learn that target members often switch to calorie counting - let's face it there is a distinct lack of support for maintaining from SW - which makes sense given their business model ;) - which is probably fine for some people, but for someone who's as control freakish as me, the 'unknown' quality of it is just too unsettling.

I was the sort of child who took toys apart to see how they worked LOL

Molly well done for your weigh in and in depth analysis of the whole situation. I think it's a fact that some people don't need many calories to maintain their present range. When I was progressing to target I could only manage what I called 'prison rations' to be able to lose 1/2 - 1lb a week. These days I eat more for a few days, extra carbs and then have a dash to get it off ready for weigh in. So my fare is mostly plain and simple to maintain.

I will be interested to see how you get on with this Molly!

My general strategy since getting to target has been to just "suck it and see"!

I'm quite fortunate that I have quite good willpower, and if I "fall off the wagon", I can get back on it again pretty quickly.
I've had a few relaxed weeks recently but I've given up booze for November and will have any gain shifted before the end of the month again.

I also don't go to group. Personally, I find it makes me a little bit mental and really affects how I feel about losses and gains. I like to look at it monthly now, rather than weekly and use my clothes and a general feeling of health and wellbeing as the main indicator of how I'm doing.

I've tried to focus my energy into something different too. My goals are no longer to lose x amount by x time or even to maintain, but fitness related instead.

I start marathon training in a few weeks time and will need to adjust my nutrition accordingly due to the numbers of miles I'll be doing (carbs will be my friend for once!) - any weight gain (which I thoroughly expect) will be down to the change of lifestyle and not because I'm getting "fat"!!

Back