How are you target members doing out there?

Well done!! Can't wait to join the ranks

Really to good to hear from other maintainers out there!

I too have had a lot of negative comments, 'you've gone too far now', 'you want to watch you don't get an eating disorder' etc etc, people are slowly getting used to the new me, funny it's mainly work colleagues I get this from friends and family are really positive and very supportive.

well today was weigh day and I'm two pound off this week, putting my half a pound under target, I thought this week was my one year anniversary but turns out it's next week, another milestone I'm focused to hit!

good luck to the rest of you and all the maintaining new comers!

Hello all! Well done to every one of you.

I hit target in Jan, exactly 1year and 6st after joining. Done ok maintaining for around 6 months then went and got pregnant lol

Struggling now as veg turns my stomach and only limited fruit is appetising - and knowing that no matter what I do the scales are going to go up isn't making being 'good' easy.

Am determined not to put all that weight back on, and am now (following holiday etc) back to going to group every week so hopefully that will motivate me.

However before I was pregnant I also had people say to me "oh, you can eat normally now then?" Explaining that SW is 'normal' got very boring! No I'll never be able to go back to eating how I did but I don't want to!!

Good luck everyone!

Hello all! Well done to every one of you.

I hit target in Jan, exactly 1year and 6st after joining. Done ok maintaining for around 6 months then went and got pregnant lol

Struggling now as veg turns my stomach and only limited fruit is appetising - and knowing that no matter what I do the scales are going to go up isn't making being 'good' easy.

Am determined not to put all that weight back on, and am now (following holiday etc) back to going to group every week so hopefully that will motivate me.

However before I was pregnant I also had people say to me "oh, you can eat normally now then?" Explaining that SW is 'normal' got very boring! No I'll never be able to go back to eating how I did but I don't want to!!

Good luck everyone!

Thats fantastic loosing 6st in a year well done!! And congratulations on the pregnancy, I'm sure you will do just fine you sound very motivated xx

I love this thread! Its so nice to hear other women's stories. It great being a target member but in group there's very little advice given on maintaining weight as its generally thought that you know what you're doing which is understandable! When people ask me if I'm finished with Slimming World yet I feel like they think its a sentence! I always say that I'm battling an addiction to food and attending the meetings is like an AA for me! Which is true I think! I know its not the most severe addiction in the world but tell people that alcoholics give up alcohol, drug addicts have to become clean of drugs and gamblers cant place bets but I cant give up food! Its like asking an alcoholic to have one one shot of vodka a day!ha
To be honest when it comes to other people I think that unless you've ever had a weight problem you really don't understand! I always hated people who would say "why not just eat less and move more"... if it was that simple people wouldn't have weight issues! I love slimming world and anyone that comments on me losing 7 stone I tell them about how its an easy plan that's easy to follow but difficult depending on the amount of will power you put in!

I love this thread! Its so nice to hear other women's stories. It great being a target member but in group there's very little advice given on maintaining weight as its generally thought that you know what you're doing which is understandable! When people ask me if I'm finished with Slimming World yet I feel like they think its a sentence! I always say that I'm battling an addiction to food and attending the meetings is like an AA for me! Which is true I think! I know its not the most severe addiction in the world but tell people that alcoholics give up alcohol, drug addicts have to become clean of drugs and gamblers cant place bets but I cant give up food! Its like asking an alcoholic to have one one shot of vodka a day!ha To be honest when it comes to other people I think that unless you've ever had a weight problem you really don't understand! I always hated people who would say "why not just eat less and move more"... if it was that simple people wouldn't have weight issues! I love slimming world and anyone that comments on me losing 7 stone I tell them about how its an easy plan that's easy to follow but difficult depending on the amount of will power you put in!

All so true. I agree 100%. It's soooo easy. If you commit to making it easy and making the changes to get the reward. Having fallen off the wagon recently I know it's going to take immense willpower to get me back in the 'place' i was in mentally. But it's worth it!

As a new SW'er I enjoyed reading this! You are an inspiration and give new members like me something to look up and forward to!

I hit target last year but then I reset it about 4 weeks later by another half a stone so I have lost two stone in all.
It took me 2 years up and down but I have now been going three years and my weekly class is part of my life. I must be coming up to my diamond membership soon but I am not sure as it goes by your last target not first target.
I would like to try and get to my lower target rather then at the higher end of my target but in 12 months I haven't once come out of my actual target zone and at last weigh in I was exactly dead on target.
I get weighed weekly and always stay to class. I rarely miss a class and without the help and support I know I would have slipped as it really is so easy to do.
As others have said I now follow an 80/20 rule and don't worry too much if I have an extra hex or go over syns as I know to increase my super free and speed foods to get back on track

hit target in april of last year, got my diamond award this year, and voted group diamond member :)

The only downside is thats really it. There are no more awards that i can do! Got them all. I used to put all the stickers on my book etc.

I'll try to remember them:
Club 10, all the 1/2 stones and 1 stones up to 9 stone. Man of the year (twice), slimmer of the week 29 times, slimmer of the month (cant quite remember now) 12 times, of which ten were in a row!! Target award twice, then diamond, then group diamond, all the body magic awards.

All the targets reached.

I do find it frustrating how taking my eye off the ball can result in a gain. Eternal vigilance. I am nowhere near as strict as i was while losing, but at the back of my mind i thought i might be able to revert back to a normality in food. No chance.

Thats why i go every week. If it starts to sneak on i dont want to be in denial about it. I look at photos of me when 21st. I dont recognise myself. I dont want to be that person again. I cant be that person again.

Gazter did you have to ask for your diamond reward ?

I was gutted I wasnt eligible for the diamond member this year as apparently it goes by the last target set not the first one which I dont think is fair as obviously I have been at my first target for over a year.

I reached my first target 11/6/13 got all my certificates etc but continued to lose so I reached my target as it is now 23/7/13 but I didnt get another target certificate or anything else.

it sounds like next week you might get it. Check with your consultant, it will say on her pda. Remember, you needed to have stayed within the target, with three pounds either way. If you go over or above, you still get your weeks grace, but after that, the clock is reset.

:party0011: So good to see so many of you posting and commenting here.
Gazter you are so right....we can't relax really or we gain.
I'm just back from 5 days away...only in Leicester but staying with relatives, visiting ones I haven't seen for many years as I lived for 14 yrs in Spain.
So the good news...I walked at least...1250 minutes!! The downside...the food side wasn't too good. Breakfast was easy, had my normal fresh fruit and soya yogurt. Lunch & evening meal was a mix of my choice sometimes, others not so. I ate some cake, sandwiches, crisps and fizzy drinks...all off plan.
But hey ho :cool:....I'm home again...tomorrow is a new day...green plan at the ready...weigh in's not until Wednesday morning so I shall be going all out to shift this bloaty belly! :D
(I'm going to step on the scales tomorrow so I know what I'm dealing with!! :eek: )

Really good to be home again and back on my green plan.
Usual breakfast of chopped banana, strawberries, grapes and a couple of apricots. Then poured some soya yogurt over!
Lunch (main meal) was a jacket potato, tuna mayo, small amount feta cheese and half a plate of salad. I use Morrison's reduced fat french dressing.
Just enjoying a cup of Options with my daily (Aldi) Moser Roth 70% dark chocolate bar ~ (7 syns but worth it!
Now off to collect my twin grandsons from school....not home until 7pm so have to be strong and not snack! :rolleyes:

OK so I caved a bit yesterday afternoon, my grandsons were fighting and oh I hate that!! No excuse but I ate 4 Viscount choc mint biscuits!! Checked the syns when I got home, 3 1/2 each! :eek: :sigh:
Supper was a pkt Ryvita minis and a plate of fresh fruit.

This morning the scale was 2lbs down so happy to see that!!
Have been super good today, walked too and hope my group weigh in tomorrow morning will be at least the same as 2 weeks ago. (10 stone 5lbs) :scale:

Hope everyone else is having a good week! :gen126:

I've gained in my first week of 'maintenance'. Been very low, depression is rearing its ugly head, and all I can do is try to control and enjoy the binges and keep my meals as healthy as possible. I know I will get back on track soon but don't want to do too much damage before that.

Off to work on my CV tonight as sorting out my job situation would be a major step forward...

Hugs Gwella, sorry you're feeling low just now. I'd be the first ti agree that maintaining is a hard job...but you will get the hang of it.
I've sort of developed my (usual) weekly pattern....probably not recommended by SW but seems to work mostly for me.

Hope you can get some work very soon. :girlpower:

Back