How are you target members doing out there?

I've gained in my first week of 'maintenance'. Been very low, depression is rearing its ugly head, and all I can do is try to control and enjoy the binges and keep my meals as healthy as possible. I know I will get back on track soon but don't want to do too much damage before that.

Off to work on my CV tonight as sorting out my job situation would be a major step forward...

Maintaining is all about staying in target range so a 6lb window. You won't stay exactly the same each week and it will go up and down that is why we have the range.

I hope you are ok

Hugs Gwella, sorry you're feeling low just now. I'd be the first ti agree that maintaining is a hard job...but you will get the hang of it.
I've sort of developed my (usual) weekly pattern....probably not recommended by SW but seems to work mostly for me.

Hope you can get some work very soon. :girlpower:

Maintaining is all about staying in target range so a 6lb window. You won't stay exactly the same each week and it will go up and down that is why we have the range.

I hope you are ok

Thanks guys.

Fortunately I am in work, it's just that it is sapping my soul a bit - I'm so bored. I know I'm lucky to have work but after years of working hard in education and unpaid internships I feel sad not to have got further. I did an application last night though so hope things can improve soon.

I'm feeling slightly less despairing now, both because of that and because my bf visited last night and I got a much-needed hug. There's a slight chance he may be moving to Thailand, but I'm trying not to think about that while he decides, and at the moment he's leaning to Brighton instead...

I'm trying to be back on plan today. I had a better night's sleep and will head to the gym after work...

Oh Gwella - I hope your bf picks Brighton and good luck with the job application!

Maintaining is a whole new art in itself and can be just as challenging as losing because you have to learn a new way of thinking. Don't panic - a small gain doesn't mean you've had too much; it could be a reaction to having a bit more water to drink, a big meal the day before or the affect the hot weather is having on you, etc. You'll be fine.

Very true Patty....we need to take the rough with the smooth at target.

Gwella...glad your boyfriend was able to visit. Oh Brighton (just along the coast from ME!) would a whole lot closer than the far East.
Night's sleep + plan + gym!!! :hug99:

Jaffa Cake, I'm so grateful of that 6lbs window!!

Today has been a good day....stayed on plan and within syns for the day. Tomorrow I'm having lunch out with a friend so that will probably be a little out of plan but I'm OK with that, only meet her once a month.
I'm so enjoying the sunshine...had far too much rain down here in the south this year! :character00117:

Don't forget to keep drinking that water to stay hydrated!!!

:welcome:Louisa and congrats on reaching target!! Hope you do really well. :D

Today I had a nice lunch out with my friend today. Nothing fancy we decided to have a 'meal deal' from Tesco and sat on the seafront to enjoy it. So that was a tuna & cucumber sandwich, bag of crisps, bottle of Tango. Then we shared a small bag (£1) of 9 squares of brownies. THEN an ice cream.... As you can see I didn't even begin to count any syns for today.
I know some of you may be tutting...but you know, I was sooo good for sooo many weeks that I quite like to loosen up when I do go out. Today was one of those days.
We walked for at least 2 hrs in the blazing hot sun so maybe that helped!

I know SW only recommends :scale: once a week, or just at group but I need to confess now that I'm a daily weigher...always have been and probably will never kick the habit. So I suppose I can eat like today because I shall check my weight tomorrow and can make any adjustments, if necessary. Does that make sense?

The grotty feeling passed by lunch time and happy to say that today has been on plan.

Breakfast: fresh fruit & soy yogurt, cup Options, glasses water
Lunch: jacket potato, feta cheese, mixed salad, fat free dressing, glasses water
Snack: cup Options, small bar 70% choc, cup liquorice tea
Supper: small bag minis, fresh fruit, glasses water

I very much doubt I am going to get weighed this week as water retention in this weather is killing me at the moment. I didnt go to class last week but I will probably go this week and have a word with my consultant as I know my weight gain isnt true. At least I hope it isnt !

How many hexes and syns do you guys have a day?
Just curious as to what works for others/how strictly you find you have to stick to it!

Jaffa Cake - I would urge you to see a doctor. Whilst the heat is almost certainly the culprit, you should get the swelling checked out. I ignored similar swelling for ages - it always went down overnight so I didn't worry about it until the morning came when my feet were still so swollen that I had problems getting my shoes on. When I went to the doctor, my blood pressure was dangerously high and he threatened to send me direct to hospital for bed rest. I was 46 and although I was overweight, I was still to get heavier.

As to how I stay within target range - basically I just carry on with SW just as though I'm still trying to lose weight but I don't worry too much about the occasional over-indulgence. At the first sign of weight going up again I try to be extra careful so that I don't go above target range and before I went on holiday I got down to towards the lower end of target range so that I had a bit of lee-way. The best way I can describe it is muddling through! I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Patty...that is a great term, muddling through! I admit since getting to target and having different dietary needs I keep a vague count of Hexa's & b's...but probably only eat one of each, soya yogurt & Ryvita minis. Syns...most days I probably can total 15+
Since last October I've always been mostly within the lower 3lbs so am aware I keep a tight rein for a few days before weigh in to achieve that.

Gwella, I'm sure that info isn't very helpful to a new target member but I'm sure you'll find what works for you too.

Patty thanks for the reply but it really isnt that bad. My feet are ok and nothing is fluidy when I press in the flesh etc I do think it is not drinking enough to compensate for the heat change.
My blood pressure is at the lower end of normal as I have to get it checked regularly in relation to other stuff so I am not too worried I am just moaning !

I do like your term muddling that is exactly what I do as well. Some days I might have 3 hexbs and other days only 1/2 one I rarely count syns etc as after 3 years of following the plan it is sort of second nature. I have never followed the maintenance plan of increasing your hexs etc to stop losing weight as I dont lose that easily at all and I have to follow the regular plan 80/20 to maintain whereas I bet others would still lose on what I eat but it suits me and I am happy. I do tend to have either Saturday or Sunday off plan most weeks but only 1 day and if I know we are eating out then I might just have fruit during the day or have 2 instead of 3 meals

Like Janet I dont really have hex A as much as I am lactose intolerant (doctor diagnosed) and there are loads of hex a options I cant have so I have adjusted it to suit me like not synning danio yoghurts or soya yoghurts as I am meant to have proper yoghurts but most upset me bar the proper greek ones and I also dont eat animal products like gelatine so no muller lights. I do eat a bit of fish
At one point I was following a vegan diet with eggs and fish to supplement when I was completely dairy free for 3 months that was fun as soya cheese is horrid!
Nowadays I know what I can eat and I know what I cant so I just make it work for me which is the beauty of slimming world

Back