How are you target members doing out there?

You can of course get bagels over here but American bagels are the bees knees. One was garlic and one was pumpernickel or Rye we aren't sure.

I got next door mini hershey bars for looking after our cats. We bought back twizzlers a big bag of American mixed candy for my party and I got dark chocolate malted balls and dark chocolate cashew nuts.

Let me know if you like the soup Molly. My husband made it with chicken stock for him and he said that was nicer so if you eat meat maybe try that

WI tonight and I lost 2lb, so the gain last week WAS down to the extra carbs ... I'm going to try weighed portions, every other day this week and see how that goes.

WI tonight and I lost 2lb, so the gain last week WAS down to the extra carbs ... I'm going to try weighed portions, every other day this week and see how that goes.

So are you still under under target ?

I have my post New York weigh in tomorrow night

Yes, I'm 5 1/2lb under target at the moment, but I've decided not to get fixated on it - I'm still in the mid range of healthy BMI so I'm just going to carry on trying different things each week to try to maintain at a steady weight, even if it is under my 'official' target. If I can get my head around that then I'll decide whether to try putting some on to get back up or to settle for a lower weight even if that means paying each week. I'm reluctant to drop my group target again until I've got to grips with this and have a rough idea of where my natural balance is :)

Yes, I'm 5 1/2lb under target at the moment, but I've decided not to get fixated on it - I'm still in the mid range of healthy BMI so I'm just going to carry on trying different things each week to try to maintain at a steady weight, even if it is under my 'official' target. If I can get my head around that then I'll decide whether to try putting some on to get back up or to settle for a lower weight even if that means paying each week. I'm reluctant to drop my group target again until I've got to grips with this and have a rough idea of where my natural balance is :)

Hi Molly, is that 5.5lbs under your actual target or under the bottom end of the range?

If it's the first, on the occassions that I have gone that low and needed to weigh at Group, I have worn jeans and a heavy top......at the moment, I could do with going nude....lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think I had early morning brain freeze Lyn ... I'm 6 1/2lb under actual target (so 3 1/2 under the lower end of my target range) ... I go to WI straight from work but I probably could change clothes once I get there. My work clothes are fairly heavy anyway though (thermal bodyshaper because I'm always cold, long line, lined wool skirt, long sleeved fitted top with a heavy peplum lace top over the top of that, plus a waterfall cardigan) so I doubt that jeans and even a heavy jumper or two would make a significant difference. Perhaps I could sew some curtain weights into my skirt hems - Hmmmm :D lol.

As I'm sitting here after just doing the banking (and thus counting coins), I've worked out that carrying 5 £1 bags of 1p or 2p coins would tip the balance - now how to secrete those about my person so that no-one notices? :D

I've seen people actually remove tiny stud earrings for WI lol

Sounds like pretty weighty clothing to me Molly! A few weeks ago I was weighing all the people at group and my friend was desperate to get her 2.5 stone award...she weighed and was still 1/2lb away! She ran to the loo, removed her bra and hey presto!! another 1/2lb off...!! We certainly had a good (private) laugh over that one!!
This same friend & I have been wearing our 'Summer wear' and now comes the debate...how cold does it have to get to change into Autumn wear? "Games people play" eh?!! lol

How do you folks maintain your target weight?
As a newbie on this thread, I`d appreciate some advice.

Been told to have another healthy extra. But I`m sure everyone is different.

Did you get the slim for life book ?

I honestly dont know as everyone is different.

I think the first couple of weeks you are advised to have an extra healthy b so extra bread, cereal, olive oil nuts etc and see how you go from there.

If you carry on losing lots then you are meant to increase you hexs instead of syns to keep you healthy if you put on then decrease the hexs etc

As there is technically a 6lb window I have never eaten anything extra as I dont follow it 100% at weekends - probably not even 50% on a Saturday so that gives me extra calories and also a day or night off once a week

There are a few of us maintaining now with diaries so maybe check them out as well ?

Mine is here but I am not updating food until after my big party this Saturday !!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...w-life-green-days-some-ee-red-photos-inc.html

Thanks Jaffa! Yes I did get a slim for life book.
I`m having another hexb to see how I get on.

It just seems a bit scary now I`m not at the "losing" stage!

I did buy myself some fairly weighty slouch ankle boots the other week - I shall weigh them tonight :) They aren't work wear, but I can easily change into them when I get to group - good thinking!

Janet, I'm hugely envious of your friend and her 1/2lb bra lol - since my boobies are now non-existent mine probably weighs about 1/2oz (and that's all padding LOL).

I'm not the best person to advise on maintaining Annie ... as you can see I'm pretty crap at it ;) The girls here however are hugely helpful :D I started with adding an extra HEb then when that wasn't enough I added soups which are enhanced with nuts/seeds. Now I'm experimenting with adding limited carbs (too many and I gain) It is scary - the first couple of weeks I felt like I was out at sea in a boat without a rudder! Now I'm just trying making small alterations each week and seeing how it goes ... it's a learning curve and so individual for each person :)

Wow Molly you don't half wear some clothes!

And all jokes aside, a lady who I was friends with at my previous Group, did put pound coins into her pockets!

And Janet, if I go to weigh this week, that will be my dilemma, freeze or be heavier!

Annette, I am like Jaffa, never added the extra healthy extras as just gave myself more freedom, which seemed to work for me.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Even at my biggest I was always a 'cold' person Lyn - now I've lost all my insulation I'm freezing all the time :( so I wear lots of layers to compensate. Remember that 'heat wave' we had in the summer? I couldn't see what the fuss was about as I was just comfortably warm for once and that was still with my layers - I think I only removed my cardi once or twice (my husband claims that I'm a lizard ;) lol ).

My official target is 10st 7lb, so i know I can only go as low as 10st 4lb. However, i am around 10st at the moment. I don't want to readjust my target as I like having that safety net, so when I get weighed (around once a month) I wear my shoes, and have my handbag on my shoulder as well. (It's a big one and pretty hefty!). The Consultant doesn't mind and it means I don't have to pay!

By the sounds we all feel more comfortable at the lower end of our ranges...less stress for me anyway.

Annette, I definitely have been adding in more HexA & B's...I do green plan and can have two of each anyway. Can't say they've made any difference...noshing the stuff that added the weight to start with continues to be my problem with the scales!! Thankfully I usually manage to get it off again before weigh in day. Which is why I continue to attend group every week!!

Molly...I generally a cold person too...except for some hot flushes that still seem to plague me! I keep telling myself I'm too old for them! lol.

Lardylady...it's good to have our consultants on our side!

Lynne...I love the freedom too and so glad I took the plunge and joined SW when I did.

Ooooh!! I'd not thought of my handbag - that weighs a ton! :D I might have to unload some of it or I'll be over target ;) lol

Lardylady, I can relate completely to the having a safety net ... I'm much more comfortable with the idea of having 6lbs to play with under target than I am with 3lbs either side. Going over, even within my allowed limit would feel like going backwards if that makes sense?

I'm way past the hot flushes stage sadly Janet - frankly they'd be quite welcome in the winter :) I do still get the odd night sweat, but that's probably more to do with the 18 tog duvet than hormones lol

Back