How are you target members doing out there?

Yes well done Jaffa...after your NY trip and party that really was damage limitation.

I was up 2.1/2lbs today...did expect that as I've been struggling some, maybe first with antibiotics for dental reasons and also my doctor changed my thyroid meds...just waiting to discuss that with him because something is very wrong!!
I did attain my Diamond award today (according to SW ONLINE) but so far no certificate or badge. Really disappointed about that but suppose I have to 'man-up' as they say! :eek:

No manning up that isn't right at all and it is terrible considering you have reminded your consultant so they could prepare.

How upsetting for you.

I was down a pound and a half today so I am now two and a half under target. I was aiming for the lower end as I am out for my dad's birthday meal tomorrow and I am going away for a few days at half term.

I'm a bit worried that I am becoming a little obsessive about all of this. I have always weighed at home inbetween WI's, but now I find myself weighing more and more often. For people who have been at target a while, do you ever get to the point when you relax and are not thinking about it 24/7?

Jo, I know when I was away for 5 days I didn't give the scales or what I was eating more than a passing thought...I just enjoyed myself.
At home I do weigh every morning and have got into a pattern of wanting to be at the lower end of my target...
You are there now...got your wriggle room and I would say, enjoy your meal for your dad's birthday and few days away. We all have to try and balance normal 'life' and eating away from home sometimes. Sure we can't do it all the time without an impact on the scale but to me that what SW is all about.

Hi all,
I have finally joined you! I've lost 3 stone 8 since starting in February this year and got to target at weigh in on Tuesday. It was a surprise as I lost 3lb to get there which I haven't done in one week for months but I tried scan bran for the first time that week and I went back to measuring my HEa and found I hadn't been using it all - I found I snacked a lot less with the extra baby bel added in. It sounds like I have the same concerns as most of you - I tend to weigh the day before or day of weigh in so its not a surprise, I know my scales weigh about 2lb heavier than SW. I am totally intending to go to group every week through the danger season at least. This time it will stay off - the clothing changes are too expensive!

It's weird how getting to target is such a big deal in our heads. I want to shout 'i did it!' From the roof tops but it doesn't really work like that does it. I'm hoping to get below bottom of target and start weighing in jeans again (and jumper/shoes if necessary to not have to pay) to give me plenty of wriggle room over Christmas. If I manage that easily I might lower my target. It's hard to know how my body will react to the extra HEb. I am intending to have it but I found I used less syns on Tuesday and Wednesday so it's difficult to know what to expect.

Sorry - long post!

Wishing you continued success SUPERFREE PRINCESS.

Welcome Cub's Mummy!! Congrats on reaching Target...and YES...I agree reaching it does make you feel like shouting!! I feel the same about my diamond award now! Have to say I always wear my Target badge when I'm at group every week.
I agree...keep going to group every week that you can to help you keep a handle on how you're doing.

Congrats Cub's Mummy :D and looking forward to you joining us soon SuperfreePrincess!

I don't think I'll ever relax about it either - constant vigilance and mindfulness is part of me now and I go to group to keep it that way. Food is my addiction of choice, SW is my support group. I too have lost weight before and then slipped back into my old ways and put on more than I lost each time. I'm nearly 50, was starting to suffer with weight related health problems and just can't afford to slip back this time - it would literally probably be the death of me and I want to (hopefully) live long enough to see my great grandchildren :)

I have made some pretty radical changes, but thankfully it's stuff that, hopefully, is sustainable (and the fact that I feel like poo if I eat unhealthy food certainly helps with that - as long as I keep reminding myself of it when I'm tempted lol).

17 seems like a long way away when I look at K (my eldest grandchild - who's 4), but I bet it will fly by :( They are growing up so FAST! His little sister is 3 tomorrow and it only feels like last week that I saw her come into the world. We've got her a bike - can't wait to see her little face :D

Well it was WI tonight and I'm a much happier bunny this week - I lost 1.5lb, which takes me under my 'in my head' target of 9 stone 7 (as opposed to my real target of 9 stone 11). It's less about the actual numbers though and more about the fact that I lost after last weeks gain. As Jaffa said last week, I'm hard on myself and the gain last week sent me into a blind panic about whether I'd lost my mojo (bear in mind I never had any gains on my journey) ... this week proved to me that I can gain and then lose again, which has given me a bit of confidence that I'm not automatically headed on a downward spiral just because I gained in one week. Hopefully after a few yo-yos I'll relax about it all a lot more :D

Been AWOL for a few days as hubby had a school reunion (40 years) and we had to stay in a Travelodge, so service station food. (not good)

At the event there was only deep fried nibbles like kfc style chicken, onion rings and breaded mushrooms.
Feel really sluggish now, dreading weigh in on Saturday. At least there`s a few days to perform some damage limitation. (More scan bran I`m afraid!)

The aching is a good sign that you've done a bit of muscle ripping ... which is a good thing in terms of fitness, but pretty much guarantees that you will be holding onto water for muscle repair :)

I'm really not a gym bunny sadly :( It just bores me soooo much and I spend all of my time wanting to be doing something else lol. That's why I go with the pedometer and the walking - I can fit it in during my normal day without feeling resentful (well, most of the time ;) ) though I am struggling a bit with it now the weather is colder because I hate being cold. Roll on Spring!!!

Back