How are you target members doing out there?

No it isnt like a chocolate fondant it's like very squidgy rich chocolate brownies

My first WI in 2 weeks tonight and I've lost 4.5lb, despite the indulgences of last weekend. I reckon it's the knock on effect of having a fully functional digestive system and that it will hopefully settle down now as long as the spelt keeps working :)

I hate December - it's just so manic! WI tonight and I've lost another 1/2lb lol ... and this despite a pre- Christmas baking ahead frenzy over the weekend (last minute Christmas cake, 2 Lemon Drizzle Cakes, a huuuge carrot cake <superfree right? ;) >, one almond frangipane tart and another studded with cherries in kirsch plus a cream cheese frosting for the carrot cake and some mock smoked mackerel pate, which is about the only SW friendly thing) I will confess that a fair amount of bowl licking took place, so a loss was a bit unexpected.

This week I shall be mainly making millionaires shortbread, chocolate brownies and cherry and coconut mini loaves. Quite who I think is going to eat all of this is still a bit of a mystery, but I'm enjoying baking after a 16+ month break from it :D Thankfully I've now finished the present shopping - and hubby has to wrap it all as his penance for not actually going out and sourcing/buying it/lugging it home, but I still have a mountain of craft orders/jobs to do plus actual work which at this time of year is both a logistical nightmare and very sad, so emotionally exhausting. The baking of yumminess - even though it makes more work - helps to dispel the gloom of winter a bit :)

Now I'm off to feed my Christmas cake with port and then to bed :D

Well done Jaffa ... if I can say the same this time next year I will be extremely proud :D

I'm feeling quite positive about Christmas foodwise really - I'm tempted but when push comes to shove (for the moment at least lol) I don't actually indulge because I'm aware that it's going to make me feel bad both physically and emotionally. Just knowing that I could eat it if I wanted to seems to be enough for now.

I made the most amazing hamper box yesterday from an old orange crate that's been sitting around at work since the 60's ... scrubbed it up, stained it with some old woodstain that was lurking in the cupboard under the sink and - hey presto! - a rustic wooden crate that I'm going to fill with shredded brown, red and white paper and the food goodies that I've been squirrelling away for weeks. It's an extra gift for my younger daughter and her husband as I know they have been struggling for money while they wait for tax credits to sort themselves out since she started work. I saw a similar (empty) crate in a local farm shop a couple of weeks ago for £45!! and this cost me nothing :D I LOVE making something for nothing! LOL And last night I also made a sturdy 'Frozen' wand for my Granddaughter, being unwilling to pay £15+ for a plastic version. This one is all glittery with floaty 'ice' streamers of blue, white and silver ribbons - I think she's going to love it and when she (inevitably) breaks it, it will be easy and free to fix it/ whip up another one :)

Out to dinner tonight for a friend's birthday - but it will be SW friendly as she does WW and the other friend - who's cooking - is a fellow SW member. First dinner, then we will craft - perfect evening!

Back