How are you target members doing out there?

Have a good holiday Jaffa!

I am now a pound out of target range (at the lower end) so I am going to try and add a few more Hex B's this week.

So weighed in and lost 1lb. I know its a loss and only 2lb above getting back to target but after 6 days of 100% SP and the gym I thought I'd earned more than that as 1lb is what I'd lose on EE. Honestly gutted although consultant had good talk with me and picked me up, said the effort I put in just isn't worth the reward and as I've got target in EE she recommends I go back to that stop restricting myself as I can do it that way. So back to EE this week!

sadly i was out of range this week by 1lb! Hopefully back in range next week. I am working very very hard at it!

I managed to loose 1lb this week! Amazed to be honest but very glad, 1.5lb left to get back to target! :)
Since i got to target in June I've found it way harder to stay to same weight than when I was loosing, still haven't found my groove at all!!!!
Maybe I need to go each week instead of each month, i end up off the wagon for 3 weeks and then SUPER good for 1 week haha!
Is anyone else the same? Or is it just me hahahaha

Oh SparkleDublin I know how you feel, I have been to target 3 times now, the most recent in December 2014. However the last two times I got to target I didnt' go to class and had too many syns. I never watched my eating as I intend to now and will attend class every week, I don't need to pay and I consider them my friends at my Tuesday night club! :worthy::clap::gimi: (love these emoticons)

New scales have come so I'm back to tracking my own weight, yippee!

Couldn't make weds weigh in as it snowed, my cons was a bit shitty about to be honest but hey, my weight loss, my journey, my safety!

I don't think I will need to worry about being under my target range next week - I ate my weight in curry last night! With naan bread and bhajis and all the trimmings- and very nice it was too.

Janet, I've just made a chocolate cake that is both dairy and gluten free ... and it looks good! Made with sunflower oil, rice flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, brown sugar, eggs and a tin of kidney beans ... I'm trying it out on my lot tomorrow (without telling them what's in it), so I'll let you know what the verdict is :)

Sadly it is fairly heavy on the sugar OL - 125g of soft brown in the whole cake. It does serve 8 to 10 though, so about 50 calories in sugar alone per slice. It's not something I'd make every day, but I'm playing around with various dairy/ gluten/ fat free recipes at the moment and wanted to try it out :)

I can report that it went down a storm - I served it with cashew nut cream (dairy free) and even the little people hoovered it up :D And you were right Janet - no-one even guessed at the kidney beans.

That's great Molly. I remember someone making something for a taster session at group containing something unexpected...everyone went ugh but you wouldn't have known! Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with brown sugar and butter for cooking.

A while back Cavegirl...could have been on Sam's diary told me about Morrisons selling a brown soda bread bloomer! I can report that I've successfully eaten almost the whole loaf without any side effects! This is a real breakthrough for me. No itchy ears, constipation or stiff joints. As Jaffa said, it could be the yeast that I'm not tolerating.

Gluten free soda bread is next on my list for experimenting with Janet :D Just need to pick up some brown rice and rye flours when I go shopping tomorrow ... I've also found an ordinary white flour Jack Monroe recipe that doesn't call for (relatively expensive) buttermilk - she just uses ordinary semi skimmed milk and a couple of tablespoons of bottled lemon juice. I'm going to have a play with combining recipes ... I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited:
Back