How can we lose inches and not weight?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by onefatmama, 13 June 2010 Social URL.

1. onefatmama

onefatmama Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The great CD, Again!
    I have been reading some post about not seeing a loss on the scales but have shrunk in inches. How is this possible?

If losing weight, i.e fat loss = loss on the scales and tape. how then can no loss on the scales still = an inch loss:confused:

Can someone explain the science bit to me, Im confused:confused:

Thank you for any input

ofm x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmajay

Emmajay Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.57%)
    Diet:
    Slmming World
    well, I've used both measures, because when I was in the military, I was training hard and muscle is heavy. So, although I wasn't appearing to lose much weight, I was losing loads of inches!

Honestly though, for average exercise levels, this just isn't true. It is god to keep hip and waist measurements up to date though, as those weeks I don't lose I do sometimes see a waist size reduction and that keeps me going. Hope this helps.

:)

4. Soon to be yummy mummy

Soon to be yummy mummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.25%)
    Diet:
    Restarting Cambridge SS after gaining all my weight back :-( I WILL do it this time!
    On CD I think it can be more to do with water retention, sometimes if I'm holding water the scales dont budge but if I take my measurements I've lost it round the arms/bust/thighs - so technically I HAVE lost weight but the water retention showing on the scales is giving a false impression. When this happens my CDC tells me to drink more! xxxx

5. SaraF

SaraF Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Yeah, its defo water retention, if you weigh yourself in the morning, before you eat or drink something, you'll be a few pounds lighter than the end of the day when you've had your shakes/porridges/bars and your 2.25 litres of water. Also, i don't know if this is true but if you weigh yourself after excercising, you'll weigh more! The mind boggles!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.