How Did You Become Fat?

iv always been curvy when at school size 14ish which i liked,met my boyfriend when i was 15 and he had a car and that was the end of my bikeing and walking i got taken out to many dinners and take aways, then went on the pill and iv got bigger and bigger we both enjoy my baking :p, but we are now trying to slim down

i was slim as a child/teenageer and adult, about size 10 pre pregnancy now size 14 2 years on after giving birth.

i eat too much when bored, simple

starting lipotrim tomorrow :)

I was always really fit until 2 years ago when I injured my knee playing football. As I never really watched what I ate it all caught up with me once the exercise stopped. I used to train for football 4-5 hours 4 days a week and play a match on a saturday and a sunday! Since the injury ive put on about 3-4 stone, but have recently had an operation and am recovering to eventually play once again, so this weight loss is also helping me with that =)

Chips, mainly :(

Ah, pretty much everything - I'm a greedy git, that's the problem. No use hiding it. No excuses.

I seem to have a deep emotional need for food around me, and used to like eating while watching TV, but had to have something else sitting nearby ready, typically meaning I'd take the entire pack of biscuits through with me from the kitchen, or bring three bags of crisps instead of one.

Chips, mainly :(

Ah, pretty much everything - I'm a greedy git, that's the problem. No use hiding it. No excuses.

I seem to have a deep emotional need for food around me, and used to like eating while watching TV, but had to have something else sitting nearby ready, typically meaning I'd take the entire pack of biscuits through with me from the kitchen, or bring three bags of crisps instead of one.

I was the same before Go Lower. I could eat loads in the evening...I still think about snacking in the evenings, but it's out of habit not need!! Habits need to change and for good not just whilst dieting! I'm trying to think of a hobby to do so that when I get to maintaining I won't slip back to the old ways...any ideas??

xx

quite simply im a big fat greedy so-n-so,would think nothing of a full dinner i mean a big plate full stacked high then maybe finish off with a huge mug of tea (4-5 sugars) and a packet of chocolate biscuits,then start thinkin whats for tea about an hour later
i was big as a kid and just progressed through the sizes until i reached this enormous lump i lost over 8 stone in 2000 but its all back with a few more friends for company :mad:
i cant get clothes to fit (xxxxxxl t shirts are the norm) i Have a lower back problem that dosent help with me moving about but i cant use that as an excuse,its simply my intake of food,beer pop chocolate etc so ive taken the bull by the horns and intend to get into a normal xl t shirt

quite simply im a big fat greedy so-n-so,would think nothing of a full dinner i mean a big plate full stacked high then maybe finish off with a huge mug of tea (4-5 sugars) and a packet of chocolate biscuits,then start thinkin whats for tea about an hour later
i was big as a kid and just progressed through the sizes until i reached this enormous lump i lost over 8 stone in 2000 but its all back with a few more friends for company :mad:
i cant get clothes to fit (xxxxxxl t shirts are the norm) i Have a lower back problem that dosent help with me moving about but i cant use that as an excuse,its simply my intake of food,beer pop chocolate etc so ive taken the bull by the horns and intend to get into a normal xl t shirt

Good luck...And if you need any motivating we're all here for you. You've got the right attitude and sound as if you are ready to lose weight.

Keep losing
xx

I ate too much, wrong size portions. Have a sweet tooth and didnt do enough exercise.
Now i have changed portion sizes, less of the sweet treats, and eat more varied diet. Learmt alot about food doing Go Lower and reading the book by the lady who started it.:)

I was the same before Go Lower. I could eat loads in the evening...I still think about snacking in the evenings, but it's out of habit not need!! Habits need to change and for good not just whilst dieting!

That was me all over too. I was terrible during the evening. A large tea (pasta or suchlike) and then all evening I'd graze - sweets, crisps, biscuits, wine. As you rightly say, simply a bad habit that had developed, a habit I didn't need.

Night time binging. I'd eat when I wasn't the slightest bit hungry..I'd think to myself "I'm not even hungry" but I had this feeling like I HAD to eat & I couldn't control it...I hope I never go back to that again.

What did you do to change the habit? Although I don't graze and binge eat like I used to I still have to fight it - especially if bored. Go Lower has really helped, just curious how you beat the night time cravings?!

xx

I was always skinny as a child, did majorettes and could eat what i wanted without putting on weight. Then i started work, put on weight and well one thing led to another and i became annorexic but throughout that i drank cola and bascially became hooked on the stuff. My metabolism was ruined by being ill and i just piled on the [STRIKE]pounds[/STRIKE] stones. I also thought nothing of having a cake or two for breakfast with a chocolate bar for afters. I'm often asked if i regret drinking so much cola (around 3-4 litres a day) and i do especially when i look in the mirror or buy clothes but oh boy one little taste is all it takes for me to start drinking it again. I now just drink water, lots and lots of it.

Hi all im a emotional eater. I was sexual abused when i was 16 by someone i knew and was someone you automatically trust. I have denied it and hid it, ive only just started to deal with it the past year and tell people. now i want to loose weight i put on bingeing and fight back and not let the sick man win. ive also found out i have a underactive thyroid but im now on medication so im really positive for my future and look forward to loosing all my excess weight.

Just been reading through all these posts and some are so touching with things that have happened. Well done to all that are doing something :)

I have only recently started realising where things went wrong for me.

I used to do Majourettes, Dance clubs and Rythmic Gymnastics (RG) when I was younger, RG was my love, I was bloody good too, I was so flexible and able to do it all, One of the girls made it to the championships and I was better than her before I left, I remembered recently sitting in the changing rooms on the floor with my knees up against my chest and my arms wrapped round them, I even remember wearing this gorgeous yellow leotard, The trainer was talking to my parents when they came to pick me up and the trainer turned to me and said 'look at those rolls, you need to watch your weight if you want to carry on' this was probably around 8-9 yrs old, I then remembered my mum packing my lunch boxes with salads and saying I needed to diet, I could never understand it.

Then the 'goonies' film came out and one of the cast was nicknamed 'Chunk', my brother used to then call me chunk, then fatty, and then numerous other fat related names and I always used to shout ' Im not fat'.

During senior school, I would come home and eat 6 sandwich bars (like penguins) and then have more after dinner, but I noticed at this point that I always weighed 1 stone heavier than my age, so at 12 I was 13st etc by the time I left school I was 16 stone.

From 16-20 I didnt care I was bigger, I would try and diet but if I failed I wouldnt mind and was so confident with me as a person.

At 18 I got with a guy who I shall name Mr Evil ;) I was a doormat throughout the relationship, let him treat me like cr*p and I didnt really realise till towards the end when we went for a meal after being together 4 years (anniversary meal) and he said ' I need to talk to you' 'when we got together, you said you would lose weight, and you havent' then kindly told me how I repulsed him and so on.... about 6 months after we split.... On my choice of course

By this point I was 24stone!!! and 22yrs oldI then spent 1 year starving then bingeing sometimes going without food for days and managed to drop to around 17 stone, but over the last few years I have crepped back up to 20st 10lbs (currently in the 18's)

I am also with a fab guy (6yrs) and very happy with him and he loves me regardless of my size :)

Sorry for the long ramble but not ever put this much info out there, Im not really sure if there is any meanings behind it or not!

But soooo happy Im doing something, even if my diets are odd!! ha ha :)

xxxx

keep going everyone

xxx

Nee, you are so lovely. Thanks for sharing - I'm going to be properly brave one of these days but just can't do it yet. xxx

Nee, you are so lovely. Thanks for sharing - I'm going to be properly brave one of these days but just can't do it yet. xxx

Ahhh not as lovely as you hun :) and you be brave when your ready, but Im always here if you need me, either on our thread or private messages etc

XxX

What an honest post Nee. This whole process of trying to lose weight and being on this website, considering people's questions and soul searching, has been very cathartic I find. I have discovered lots about myself too. It's also comforting to know that there are so many other people out there who've had similar experiences as often when you're in the midst of it you think that you're the only one.

Oh Nee, thank you for your honest post it must have been hard for you to type what you've been through. I'm so glad you've found a guy that loves you for "you" the other creep, well i hope he prematurely goes bald, loses his teeth and and something else that i won't type ;)

Also thank you to all for your honesty, you are all very special people ♥

I put on alot of weight during my first pregnancy so am looking to get back down to my pre-pregnancy size.

Back