how do people cope doing this at work?

Sparkle88

hi all, i work in a hospital where im rushing round all the time, but when it comes to break times where im sitting around a table of people eating lovely things, im just wondering how others cope with this and if anyone can give me any advice. thanks.

Sparkle88 said:
hi all, i work in a hospital where im rushing round all the time, but when it comes to break times where im sitting around a table of people eating lovely things, im just wondering how others cope with this and if anyone can give me any advice. thanks.

Hi Hun, I work in a hospital too!
I have my porridge n a meal pack every time at work n have my veg with my last meal when I come home n a bar before bed at times!
I don't let them bother me! I think of a the reasons am doing this diet n how wonderful I'll feel when am skinny!
When am questioned what am having, I just tell them it's my style porridge n some soup!
They do get the hint and stop asking too many questions!

Thank you ill try that I've bought the taster pack to see what I like and what I dont should come tomotto. So u don't have the shakes xx

Hi there I work in a hospital too
Gotta say my problem is more will i get a break lol
Depending what shift i have a soup shake or my porridge, people just think they're ordinary as they have slim a soup or porridge from sachets themselves. S&S also helps that you can take protein and a salad, that's ordinary enough.
I take in a 750ml bottle of water and slug away at that and refill from water cooler.
My imaginary recurrent uti's explain the water drinking and frequent trips to the loo.
I've also found more and more people are following the same diet and know and are supportive also some that are following a low carb lifestyle are great about giving tips. This from a wide spectrum of people from consultants, doctors, nurses, auxilliaries and lab technicians. Even from a dietician
:eek:
I just get on with it, I'd say be more prepared for their comments when the weights visibly coming off, some will be genuine and you have to learn to take the comment graciously others will be less complimentary and you have to learn how not to let it affect you.
In the end your business, your choice don't let any of it derail you.
Good Luck on your losses

thank you thats great advice, im a auxilliarie nurse and often everyone is asking what other people are having for lunch, hate having to justify myself all the time so might stick with the soups for lunch at work. theres a water cooler on the ward so gives me an excuse to use it all the time lol xx

I tend to stick to the soups and bars at work which no one seems to take notice of but someone did question me when I was making up a shake in the kitchen, I just said it was a diet shake, that i was off carbs at the moment and explained how tasty they were.

I think I made him more aware of what he was drinking as instead of his normal mocha he made a skinny latte!!!

Back