How do the packs taste?

I'm finding it really difficult to stomach any of the shakes at the moment. I'm hoping once I taste some of the meals, ill be able to survive on them.

I haven't no. Even the thought of the shakes makes me feel quesey! I'm having to drink them as quick as possible then down water to get rid of the taste!

I'm getting some meals tomorrow so I'm sure ill like at least one of them... I hope!

Cottage pie ( not so nice but palatable)

I add some extra water to the cottage pie too, makes it a better texture for me. Think the packs are all about how to find the way to make them up that works for you. I HATED the cottage pie to start with, now that I've played around it's certainly not my favourite but it's quite nice.

I've just had my first toffee shake and it was nice until the end - I seemed to end up with a load of crystals that seemed really salty! I'm sure I had something similar in the cookies shake yesterday as well. Think I'm going to just stick with the chocolate shake from now on. I really liked the curry pack yesterday and might add some veg to it next time :)

I've just had my first toffee shake and it was nice until the end - I seemed to end up with a load of crystals that seemed really salty! I'm sure I had something similar in the cookies shake yesterday as well. Think I'm going to just stick with the chocolate shake from now on. I really liked the curry pack yesterday and might add some veg to it next time :)

That's because there was a problem with the initial recipe. Just make sure you mix them properly and they are fine-it's those 3 flavours that have the problem-cookies'n'creme, toffee and raspberry

That's because there was a problem with the initial recipe. Just make sure you mix them properly and they are fine-it's those 3 flavours that have the problem-cookies'n'creme, toffee and raspberry

I spoke to Rob about it when I emailed about something else yesterday. Apparently they used a new manufacturer who they were hoping to use for some other flavours. They made the packs following new EU directives that say the salt had to be there and couldn't find a way to mask the saltiness. They've gone back to the old manufacturer now so better packs will be sent out once their current stocks are gone, he said that'll probably be mid Feb. I still really like the cookies and cream one though, will be better with the new packs.

Choc praline bar is a bit like Milky Way but slightly nutty - wish it was bigger (i.e. family sized :))

The pasta bits in my macroni cheese wouldnt go soft!! I put them in the mircowave it all spilled over the bowl and the pasta bits are still hard :( What am I doing wrong.

Last edited:
The curry!!!! That's it just the curry!!!! Yummmmmmmm

so far my favourite is defo the Mushroom pasta :eating: it is delicious. Tonight I've had the spicy spag, looks gross but tastes lovely. The chicken soup was lovely too. I'm starting to think ANY food would taste nice though!!! I'm hoping the mushrrom soup tastes like the pasta too.......?

I love all the shakes apart from cafe late and love all the bars. I have to force myself to use a meal pack but they are ok when I do. Mushroom soup is nice with lots of added mushrooms and oatmeal with cinnamon yum

I love all the shakes apart from cafe late and love all the bars. I have to force myself to use a meal pack but they are ok when I do. Mushroom soup is nice with lots of added mushrooms and oatmeal with cinnamon yum

I'm so glad I LOVE mushrooms :D they definitely pad out a lot of the meals LOL! I'm going to try the swede chips soon too, didn't want to do it too early on or I might get hooked :cool:

My microwave packed in tonight (I'm on day 5). Un-be-liveable! I really could cry as I can't afford a new one this month and cooking on the stove just isn't ideal. :cry:

Back