how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Well done Mandy, your daughter's 21st and you STILL lost 1lb, you're a star lady!!
As all those that came here before me have said, 16lbs in 2 weeks is phenomenal, you should be so very proud of yourself. I for one am very proud of you and your willpower, keep up the great work xx

ooh savoury rice with cucumber and spring onions is one of my favey things!! Esp with loads of vinegar.. mmmm..
I suffer panic attacks too so i sympathise.. :( You're doing fab though.. Will look forward to reading more from you!
xxx

Well done so far..you are doing an amazing job and type away on here..i am finding it very theraputic..i look forward to following your thread..week 1 for me so still getting to grips with the newness of it all..
Feel for you with panic attacks...they are awful awful things..fresh air seems to really help for me and they tend to be worse in the winter months..
Keep up the good work xxx

ok, that was a very busy weekend xx
not the best fronm a dieting point of view:break_diet: but really fab from a daughters 21st birthday point of view :D
I tried really hard to make good choices and on the whole suceeded but did slip up a couple of times :eek:
Starting a diet the week before a long arranged weekend of guests, parties,food and drink was probably not the best of ideas but hey she will only be 21 once xx
Tues is weigh in day and i only lost a pound :eek::confused::confused::eek: first thing this morning i was really disappointed but i have now put it into context and am fired up for this week with nothing in my way.
16lb in 2 weeks is certainly an achievement and with out being careful i could easily have gained over the weekend so i must have done some things right.
The plan for this week is to increase my water intake cos i certainly didn't drink enougth over the weekend.I also need to increase my fruit and veg intake again, cos a review of my diary for the weekend shows that for all i didn't eat any thing really bad (i even resisted birthday cake !!) i didn't eat enougth superfree food.
But as they say today is a new day xx
Todays food diary :

B gammon, scrabbled egg with mushrooms and tomatoes.

S banana and satsuma alpen light bar HEXb

T homemade beefburger, SW chips greenbeans carrots, yog.

i am also going to make some speed soup this evening for lunches for the week, the chopping if nothing else should provide me with some body magic lol xx
hope everybody is having a good week
Mandyx

Where's lunch on y'menu?!

Glad your daughter's birthday went swimmingly and without causing a gain!
Well done on the positive outlook - 16lb over two weeks is a great achievement. Could you start a £1 for a 1lb jar which could also help you look at the overall loss? Going to start mine this weekend I reckon.

I'd suggest taking things slowly with increasing water - I've found when I suddenly went from 1.5ltrs a day to around 4ltrs I ended up with headaches and stomach pains from feeling overfull with it. If you increase it gradually it gives your body chance to acclimatise I think.

Make sure you use all your hexs each day too :)

i have had a fab diet boost today !!! teen has started work at KFC:eek: I am hoping he will put me off it for life lol :D Thinks he is now master chef and is currently wrecking my kitchen :rolleyes:
I have done much better today with my SF and my water, lochan 4lts seriously i think i am drowning after i litre !!!1;)
I do have a tendency to miss out my hexA i don't really like milk and can take or leave cheese, but i realise they are there for a reason so will have to make more of an effort !!!
todays food diary ;

B 6 crackerwheat, x2 dairylea light triangles and lean ham.

L tomatoe and pepper soup, banana, x2 satsumas muller yog

T lean mince with carrots, greenbeans, peas and sweetcorn, mash potatoes. Melon.

S alpen light bar 3 syns.

made the soup myself this morning, so syn free and is packed with onions mushrooms leek (cos i had 1 left in the fridge) every colour pepper and tomatoes. Hubby is taking a bowl to work with him tomorrow.
I actually like making soup so i am going to check the receipe section tonight for some ideas, think i am going to internet shop tonight for the weekend so i will have all the ingredients in ready:D
Planning is definatly the key to this plan.

good day today, managed to go out for a while :D

teen got AS level results, not bad but not good eithre i see some nard work in his future if he is going to get the grades he needs next year !!!:(

daughter got her job and confirmation of her house for sept as she is going back to uni following her year in industry x
so thats them settled again. daughter has also borrowed all my slimming world stuff and been shown this site as she is planning to start once all moved in and settled.

food diary for today :

B missed it oops:eek:

L tomatoe and pepper soup, 3 slices of ww brown danish, (hexb) banana, peach.

T pork steak, rocket, cucumber,tomatoes, peppers
red onion, roast butternut squash. muller yog (coconut one :D)

S 2% greek yog 2 tsp honey (2.5 syns) strawberries, 2 mini babybels (hexa)
and lots and lots of water !!!!

Aww that would be lovely having your daughter following SW too - mother/daughter diet buddies!

Good stuff that you went out for a while, a little bit at a time is the best way.

Your menu looks good but I think you need to be eating more hun - I'm presuming this was a red day but you've only had 1 each of the hex a's and b's - you should aim for two to make sure you're getting enough of the vits and minerals. It wouldn't hurt to have more syns either - you could encorporate them in your meals e.g. use a bit of extra virgin olive oil with your roast squash or in your soup, use a hexb of toasted bread with some jam or peanut butter etc.

Hope the above doesn't sound like a lecture, just friendly advice to take or leave as you wish lol

:17729:just found your diary Broadsbean. where do you work? must be very hard keeping to meals if you work shifts
have a seeminlgy impossible amount to lose too so know just how you feel and know exactly what a panic attack feels like at 2am:talk017:

morning all, had a bit of a mope over the weekend but feeling better now :)
lou i think you have a point about not eating enougth and not using any syns so i have increased them the last few days, so we shall see how it goes. even thougth i felt a bit flat over the weekend i have eaten really well and half drunk shed loads started drinking sugar free squash and can manage it so much better having at least 2 litres a day at the mo :D
meals for yesterday

B fresh fruit, yoghart.

L prawns, cucumber, radish, tomatoes, 3 krisprolls. (hexb) phili light (hexa)

T pork stirfry, lots of veg, noodles, soy and ginger sauce (4.5 syns)

S cherries an entire punnet over the day :D

Maise i am a nurse !!!!! ward sister to be exact which i think is the route of some of my head probs at the mo i have never had a prob working and work 13 hour shifts on a very acute medical ward but recently deciced i was too fat to do it! panic attacks started from their really. hope fully i will be able to go back soon just need to get over this blip. The person i currently appear to be is not me at all i am a very calm person which is the rep i have at work think they were all pretty shocked when i melted down a couple of weeks ago. luckily i have worked there 11 years so have a good medical record so shouldn't effect my job too much this period of absence :(:confused::(
right off to do some house work
see ya later with todays menu xx

morning all, had a bit of a mope over the weekend but feeling better now :)
lou i think you have a point about not eating enougth and not using any syns so i have increased them the last few days, so we shall see how it goes. even thougth i felt a bit flat over the weekend i have eaten really well and half drunk shed loads started drinking sugar free squash and can manage it so much better having at least 2 litres a day at the mo :D
meals for yesterday

B fresh fruit, yoghart.

L prawns, cucumber, radish, tomatoes, 3 krisprolls. (hexb) phili light (hexa)

T pork stirfry, lots of veg, noodles, soy and ginger sauce (4.5 syns)

S cherries an entire punnet over the day :D

Maise i am a nurse !!!!! ward sister to be exact which i think is the route of some of my head probs at the mo i have never had a prob working and work 13 hour shifts on a very acute medical ward but recently deciced i was too fat to do it! panic attacks started from their really. hope fully i will be able to go back soon just need to get over this blip. The person i currently appear to be is not me at all i am a very calm person which is the rep i have at work think they were all pretty shocked when i melted down a couple of weeks ago. luckily i have worked there 11 years so have a good medical record so shouldn't effect my job too much this period of absence :(:confused::(
right off to do some house work
see ya later with todays menu xx

Hi Mandy,
Definitely keep the syns a little higher, I find myself the more syns I have the more weight I lose, the body (as you well know) needs fat as much as everything else to keep it functioning properly.
I hope this period of your life soon settles down, nearly 20 years ago (the same time as my panic attacks started), I went through a similar thing, I always called it my nervous breakdown, it took me a while, a lot of soul searching and talking (boy did talking help) to people just to get the feelings I was having, out in the open. I can't emphasise how much that all helped.
I wish you luck my love and do hope this period in your life is short lived :hug99: xx

:chores016:Wow Broadsbean,you must be such an amazing person to deal with the sort of everyday trials and tribulations that you have to
I take my hat off to you:clap:

WTG hun, amazing job, I am sure you can do that 2lb no problem xx

Hi,

I just wanted to say you are doing a great job keep it up :)

Your posts are encouragment when reading them. Keep them coming x

Well done Mandy! 3lb is a great result. Really hope you hit the 2lb target for next week, it's a sensible goal and when you hit that 1.5stone milestone I hope you'll be beaming with pride :D

Glad you're feeling better after the mopey weekend, I know the feeling. Good stuff that it didn't make you slip off-plan x

ok todays food diary,

B 3 slices of ww brown danish, 2 eggs scrambled and tomatoes. phili light to butter toast (HEXA + HEXB)

L large slice sw quiche with onion mush and ham, strawberries and 1/2 pot of 2% greek yog and 2 teaspoons of honey (2 1/2 syns)

T chilli and rice.
added mush onions tomatoes peppers and kidney beans to make up 3rd sf

S have grapes to snack on tonight if i need to:D

not used many syns today but to be honest i am too full at the mo so it would just be for the sake of it, and as this is the habit i most want to break i am not going to do it :)

bought some lentils this week so am planning to make a lentil and bacon soup tomorrow.
it will be syn free and full of ss foods, i am oddly excited about it lol.
:confused::confused::confused:

hmm some how managed to post that before i was done rambling.
was going to mention my plan to increase activity cos i haven't been walking the dog as i normally would. so need to find an outlet managed it today with some vigerous house work. tomorrow i am going to take the dog out hubby is off so he can encourage me. determined to do this !!!!!

mandy xx

Back