How Do You See Yourself?

Hi Happy

I seem to be following you this morning.....

My clothes are looser but I am still having a problem seeing the "new" me. I think because my body shape has not actually changed yet that may be why.

Maybe I won't see a proper change until I start getting close to target and look slim. I know I am smaller because of my clothes but I think I am just a smaller round person than I was when I started Go Lower.

I hope that makes sense because it does to me!

Makes perfect sense to me because that's exactly how I feel! I may have lost over 4 stone and dropped a few dress sizes but I'm still basically the same shape I was.

However, the big difference I do recognise is in my fitness and general wellbeing. 5 minutes on the cross trainer used to be a struggle...I've just done 10km and felt like I could easily have kept going :) To be honest, that feels as good as seeing the numbers drop on the scales :D

Thanks :eek: Yesterday 10km took me about 40 minutes. Today, I increased the tension on the cross trainer and only managed 9km in that time...I may regret that tomorrow when I can't walk! lol

They key is my ipod and a playlist of my favourite high-tempo music. 40 minutes is only 8-10 songs or so which doesn't feel like long at all when you think about it like that :)

My ambition is to get the confidence to go to the gym...they scare the bejaysus out of me. Or rather the super-fit people that I imagine frequent them scare me...even though one of my mates is about to qualify as a personal trainer :eek: Maybe one day...

I dont see myself as really really fat, unless im in a bad mood.

I mean, im currently a loose fitting size 14. A couple of years ago i was a a size 18. I do see the difference from then to now. But i dont see it in myself. I dont feel like im a size 18/20 anymore but i dont feel like im a size 12/14.

I dont think that makes much sense.

x

Lola-Belle, that really is good. I should keep at it with the cross-trainer, just lazy I guess. But also the beauty with Go Lower is that I don't need to exercise, so I don't. I could loose more if I did, but a stone a month is pretty good anyway...

Winter - I can't imagine being a size 12/14 - I'm still larger than life! I know I'll get there one day - hopefully sooner rather than later, but I guess nothing worth it, without a struggle!

Good luck
xx

Hey

I really think it depends upon the mood and day as to whether I see myself as overweight or massively gross and just plain fat. Some days I look in the mirror and think 'hey, your not that bad really...' and then I have days, like today where I avoid the mirror altogether and feel very uncomfortable in my own skin. I have always been a 'plus size' so to speak, but I think what changed it for me is having my children - It was then the 'shape' that I went after pregnancy and also the skin/texture/feel of it (anyone who has kids understands) and it just 'wobbles'. Also it seems to have affected my ability to shift it as quick too - losing weight now compared to pre-children seems so much harder, or is it just me? ha ha ha x

Eris, I've always been the 'plus size'...pre and most definitely post children. I do agree that the wobbly bits now seem to be more wobbly or is that just because I'm fatter now than pre-kids! Never been able to shift weight quickly (until now that is with Go Lower- such a good diet, don't feel I'm actually dieting and loosing loads -2stone in 8weeks!).
Today, although I don't feel too good, just a sore throat and tired, my OH said before he took the kids to the park to give me some much need P&Q and R&R, that I look really good and very sexy! Made me feel loads better!

Good luck with SW - and enjoy this forum, I love it for the support from everyone and the chance to be able to waffle about anything and not be judged!

xx

most people probably wouldnt call me fat if they met me. but i know how i was before so obviously i think im fat compared to that.

i also know im fat because the people who know me are very quick to point it out (friends mostly)...maybe its because i used to let my friends punch my stomach as hard as they can, as a way to demonstrate my physique...many years ago...lol...

aimee, like tarotwoman said if you stick to a diet it'll work the problem is getting one that you will stick to. we are all different and you just have to find someway to lose weight that you enjoy. speaking from experience if i change my diet too much i can't keep it up and end up putting on more in the long run but thats just me. i plan to keep it simple. eat more or less the same, but exercise more and fingers crossed it will work over the long term. maybe that might work for you?

good luck with it though whichever way you decide and hope it goes well for you:)

start by loving yourself and others will follow:)

aimee, someone loves you for you...this I am sure of. The first thing you must do though is learn to love yourself. If you love yourself, others will see this and it will shine through....(hope that makes sense - I know what I mean!)

It is important to find a diet that you can stick too and most importantly works for you. This is hard as there are soooo many out there. I've tried loads, from Slimming world, Weight Watchers, calorie counting and exercise and the list goes on and on... At the moment I am doing Go Lower which is really helping. In nearly 3 months have lost nearly 3 stone! It's quite expensive but works if you stick to it...

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how you are getting on - we're all here to help motivate and cheer you on...
xx

Thanks :eek: Yesterday 10km took me about 40 minutes. Today, I increased the tension on the cross trainer and only managed 9km in that time...I may regret that tomorrow when I can't walk! lol

They key is my ipod and a playlist of my favourite high-tempo music. 40 minutes is only 8-10 songs or so which doesn't feel like long at all when you think about it like that :)

My ambition is to get the confidence to go to the gym...they scare the bejaysus out of me. Or rather the super-fit people that I imagine frequent them scare me...even though one of my mates is about to qualify as a personal trainer :eek: Maybe one day...
HI well done on increasing you fitness. That is one of my main goals too!!
I have lost over 5 stone now, doing Go Lower, and i see a huge differnce not just in my body shape, but my fitness and also the condition of my body, my skin is clearer a feeling tones better.
I used to be able to do 15/20 mins on cross trainer and that would be it. But now i can do over 45mins and sometimes more. haveing some great music on my ipod is a the best motivation when im not feeling up to it.:)

I'm not really one for exercise although I do walk with a friend in the evenings. But I don't count that really as although we do walk for about 1hr, am soooo busy chatting that forget that actually we're exercising.. it's a good way to go about it. Other than that, just playing with the kids. My daughter has just learnt to ride her bike without stabilisers but is still a bit unsteady so we have to jog next to her (we live in a Close and there is a river running along the bottom and get worried she'll loose control and fall in!) and my 3 yr old has just learnt how to ride his bike with stabilisers - before he couldn't push the peddles, but again we have to jog with him as he won't go far on his own and may also fall into the river! Just been out doing it and am now knackered - but I guess it's all good for us.
xx

Exercise...... that is a nasty word to my ears! That is what I love about my diet, no exercise required!

I did do quite a bit of walking on holiday and a little swimming...... well it took me about half an hour to get my shoulders under the water in the sea as it was sooo cold, but at least I did swim.

That is about my limit and as the kids are still away I guess I will be having a very lazy week.

Well done those of you that do execise, my thoughts are with you!

I'm another that isn't doing too great with the exercise. I never seem to get around to doing my dvd's and I'll only go swimming when it's quiet - so first thing in the morning, which has been a total non starter since we broke up from uni for easter.

I 'usually' go either before or straight after my first lecture of the day a couple of times a week. Oh and before that the pool was closed for 3 weeks because of a burst pipe or something. I just wish I could get into a routine with it then I'd just go automatically!

Happy - playing with your kids has to be the best kind of exercise! Must be fun too.

Ive been in denial over my weight for a couple of years. Although Ive not looked at myself and thought im overweight (even though I know I am) - its weird lol

I have avoided photos for these years and still hate having my photo taken now - i guess because it does make you realise the photos dont lie :)

X

Hi Sugar
I used to swim every morning before work, until I broke my leg and then I never got back into it which I do regret.

Now because of kids it is a total non-starter. Maybe as the weather improves and the weight comes of I will take the kids at the weekends but I can't see me doing much exercise as I will be with the kids.

It would be ideal if they could have a lesson then I can do lengths but I don't think that will fit in with work.

Hi Jojo, I think we all try to kid ourselves about our weight but the fact that you are now doing something about it is the first step in the right direction.

Back