How Do You See Yourself?

Wannabe

we will all get there. It just does not happen with a magic wand overnight.

I also sometimes think I don't look too bad when I look in the mirror but then when I see FB photos I cringe. I don't bother un-tagging as everyone knows it is me but I wish they weren't up in the first place.

Happy
do you sing when you are alone in the car? If it is one of my favourites and I am not stuck in traffic I have been known to sign along very loudly.

You carry on and enjoy your singing as your kids must love it too.

i am on the cusp of morbidly obese :)() but to be honest i have never seen myself as that big. i am clearly overweight, i think anyone guessing my weight would have me down for about 4st + less than what i am. i am 5ft 10-5ft 11 and i carry my weight well i think. although saying that when i look in the mirror at home i feel big, but ok, cause i look at a flattering angle. it's when i catch myself on a shop cctv or something that i really feel as big as i am. x

Colly, I'm 5' 10" too and I think that has helped us disguise our weight as we aren't so round. I find people tend to say "but you carry it well, cos you are tall." But lately I've had a weird feeling of taking up too much space. Its hard to explain.

I also know that my wardrobe mirror is slightly warped to make me look taller and thinner but I forget this when I am just checking how I look. I have had 2 photos done of me in my bra and pants and it has shocked me into accepting that I am bigger than I thought. I'm going to use them as an incentive.

wobbly, was obese but lost 5 stone on Go Lower so now feeling abit better, just have to loose few extra pounds and to tone up alot!!

Colly, I'm 5' 10" too and I think that has helped us disguise our weight as we aren't so round. I find people tend to say "but you carry it well, cos you are tall." But lately I've had a weird feeling of taking up too much space. Its hard to explain.

I also know that my wardrobe mirror is slightly warped to make me look taller and thinner but I forget this when I am just checking how I look. I have had 2 photos done of me in my bra and pants and it has shocked me into accepting that I am bigger than I thought. I'm going to use them as an incentive.

yeah even my doctor said to me that at 14st he wouldn't consider me to be overweight- just the way i'm built i suppose! lucky for me i still have a small-ish waist compared to the rest of me, so i have an hourglass figure albeit one which is much bigger than it should be hehe.

people always say to me how lucky i am to be tall cause the weight doesn't show- but they forget that when it comes to losing weight it takes a while to show too!! you see people on here saying they lose a stone and go down a dress size, i'd have to lose 2-3!

you see people on here saying they lose a stone and go down a dress size, i'd have to lose 2-3!

The reason I find that I don't lose a dress size is because I don't really fit in the size I wear now. I am wedged into an 18 because I cannot bear the thought of a size 20. If I can't get into a particular outfit size 18 then I don't buy it. I have to lose a fair bit before I would get anywhere near a size 16. My goal for my weight loss is to get to a comfortable size 16 because this is the largest size that most high street stores sell so shopping would become enjoyable again. The idea that I'd ever go back to being a 14 is laughable.

yep i've always maintained that if i fit into topshops size 16 then i would be absolutely beyond delighted. at 13st i am a size 12/14 so i'm aiming for a little below that. i cant ever imagine being that small again though....

I never look at the size on the label....Each shop has it's own sizing anyway, so depends on where you shop, depends on the size of the clothes! I've got down to a size 18 now, but have been sooo much more. Thanks to Go Lower, I'm loosing, but it'll take forever. I'm proud of where I've got to, but I know I've still got a long long journey ahead of me. I'm now classed as obese, before I was morbidly obese. A label is a label, and what does that really mean?! But at least I'm loosing now..2st gone in 8 weeks!

xx

I'm fat. Not grotesquely so, but still obviously fat. I have podgy ham arms and whale legs and heavy, lolling breasts. I also have a double chin and rolls of fat on my lower back. Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me want to burst into tears! My weight has been 13st for over a year now and I desperately want to get it down to 10, so my motivation atm is high. I feel sick at the word "obese".

my weight is all just on my belly and chest, the rest of me is pretty well toned so it sort of looks odd. when i see myself in a mirror i can see the skinny guy trying to get out:)

Instant Karma, I hope this website helps keep you motivated. We are all in the same boat. I know exaclty how you feel. We've all been there and still there.. What diet are you doing? I'm doing Go Lower, and am loosing really well.

Keep posting, and keep motivated, Good luck
xx

Hi :)

I'm not doing any particular diet, but I've completely transformed my 'menu' so it's much, much healthier. I'm cutting around ~ 600 cals from my daily calorie intake, and burning ~600 through power-walking for 2 hours every day. I can't weigh myself for a couple of weeks until I buy new scales, but I'm hoping to lose between 2-4lb by the end of March, and then when I get down to around 11st in May I will start swimming every day :D

Hi :)

I'm not doing any particular diet, but I've completely transformed my 'menu' so it's much, much healthier. I'm cutting around ~ 600 cals from my daily calorie intake, and burning ~600 through power-walking for 2 hours every day. I can't weigh myself for a couple of weeks until I buy new scales, but I'm hoping to lose between 2-4lb by the end of March, and then when I get down to around 11st in May I will start swimming every day :D

wow thats fantastic!! thats the way i want to do it:) good work and keep it up. i'm just getting ready to go out for a walk now;) thanks for the inspiration

I see myself as small and round, I am a fatty. My bmi says I am overweight and I know it. I think I have a nice face but shame about the body but that is why I am here and I am changing my life.

I see myself as small and round, I am a fatty. My bmi says I am overweight and I know it. I think I have a nice face but shame about the body but that is why I am here and I am changing my life.

glad you are here and making that change summer:) i wouldn't worry too much about the bmi thing, when i was literally running up mountains i was still obese according to that;) it's how you see yourself that matters and i'm glad you think you have a nice face:)

Summer I'm also glad you think you have a nice Face....My OH always jokes to me...My sister is tall and slim, everything where it should be boobs and all...makes me sick..MY OH always says she has a fab figure, but has face like the back end of a bus, unlike me who he says is gorgeous! Not sure if I do believe him, but it makes me feel better about myself..

Breadbin, I hope you had a good walk. I'm supposed to be out tonight walking but not feeling too great...just want my bed really! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Keep strong and motivated
xx

Last edited:
Hi All

I see we have been busy over the last few days on here.

I gave up relying on what the label says many years ago when I deceided if the 14 doesn't fit I won't buy a sixteen.....

If only I had stuck to that then.

I am now getting back down to that 16 that I said I would never buy!!!

Karma I think we all feel negative about our body image because of our weight but that is why we are doing something about it.

I know since doing Go Lower the scales are going down but I have not got that new body image in my mind yet but I know it will come in time.

Its funny you know...I've lost 2stone now with Go Lower, and I really can see the difference. My clothes are looser, I have more energy and I generally feel happier...I can't 'weight' to loose more, coz I know I'll feel even better, and look better. I want to wear tight fitting tops...I know I'm not there yet - but am soo excited about the prospect of it all. I feel really positive and for the first time in my life, I KNOW it's going to happen..I am going to be thin.

xx

Hi Happy

I seem to be following you this morning.....

My clothes are looser but I am still having a problem seeing the "new" me. I think because my body shape has not actually changed yet that may be why.

Maybe I won't see a proper change until I start getting close to target and look slim. I know I am smaller because of my clothes but I think I am just a smaller round person than I was when I started Go Lower.

I hope that makes sense because it does to me!

Last edited:
Suzy I do understand what you mean, but I also wonder if part of your problem is that you still haven't bought any new clothes. Going around in oversized baggy jumpers and shirts etc won't help you feel better and if you dress more to your new size you'll probably see more of the difference..

Go Lower is great though isn't it. I know I'm like you, still fat, just less fat, but I'm dressing less fat - not quite so baggy, still baggy but smaller somehow. Hope that make sense!

xx

Back