How Do You See Yourself?

Boys are back, they came home yesterday lunchtime and cuddles have been great.

I have done really well sticking to Go Lower and have not gone for the comfort eating. Feel quite proud of myself in fact.

well done suky for not heading for the comfort food and yu should be proud of yourself.
Glad to see your boys are finally home and with you again all is happy in your home:)
Do you have a weekly weight in or monthly?

I am so happy to have the boys back it is great! and of course I am a little pround that I have stuck to Go Lower so well!

My official weigh in is monthly but I often do step on the scales during the month to have a quick glance to see how I am going. I know I shouldn't but I do not do it very often, maybe every ten days or so!

I see myself as overweight, but i still see myself as big as i was before i started my diet. I think it will take a while for my mind to catch up with my slimmer body.

I see myself as huge, but not as big as I look in photos :eek: thats when realitiy kicks in!

I'd class myself as overweight. The word 'obese' is just horrible to me :(

I had never really thought about this 'giving your brain time to catch up to your body' thing until I joined this site, but it's true.

I've lost loads of weight, have toned up and I know I look better for it. Clothes fit me, I'm wearing smaller sizes and I get compliments on a daily basis. However, I still feel huge. I can look in the mirror and recognise that my bum's smaller, my stomach's pretty much gone etc. etc. but yet I don't really see myself a great deal differently to how I looked before when I was a hell of a lot heavier. It's the weirdest thing. I can only think that before I looked truly massive but just didn't see it myself.

Lucky

I now really believe your brain has to catch up as I also see myself as I was. I also have a theory that is also has a lot to do with our body shape as I am just a smaller round person than I was nut still rounded...

Gonna,

I don't think about photos anymore as I never think I look that bad when I look in the mirror.

Yesterday we went out for the day and I got a few photos taken on rides and I refused to buy any of them as I didn't like any at all.

I guess the photos I have seen of me recently I am ready for and the ones on the rides they get you with all your chins etc.... Not flattering!

Hi Happy
yes "the boys are back in town" don't I know it! Actually they haven't been too bad. I am proud of myself thanks for sticking to Go Lower so thanks for that.

A friend took a photo of me the other day and e-mailed it over...it's of me with my OH and brother. The two of them look really good, but I was shocked at horrible I look! I know I've lost weight and I look better than what I did,but it's now made me more determined to lose more - Couldn't believe how big I still look - I must've looked awful before!

xx

Happy,

Sorry to hear about the photo, but if it works as added motivation I guess it is going to do you some good. I am sure it is not as bad as you think it is!

You know you are losing weight on Go Lower and it will continue to come of and soon you will look great. Keep up the great work as you have done so well so far and before you know it you will look back at this photo and not even care.

Happy

it doesn't matter if it was a bad angle or you are making excuses so long as you stay focused with Go Lower you know that weight is going to fall of and you will look great! STOP STRESSING about it and look forward to the furture.

The past is history!

Happy

it doesn't matter if it was a bad angle or you are making excuses so long as you stay focused with Go Lower you know that weight is going to fall of and you will look great! STOP STRESSING about it and look forward to the furture.

The past is history!

Thanks Suzy.. It's funny I'm not normally one to stress but have just gone back to work for the first time in 7yrs and perhaps I'm thinking too much about too many things...

Think I'll stop thinking, stop stressing and just concentrate on Go Lower and the family and as you say the Future.

Thanks for your morale support..It really is appreciated.

xx

Always here Happy to offer that support. That is what is so great about Minimins.

I have seen another thread where people are talking about forums that have people abusing others and I was so shocked. I must have just joined the right site!

I have found this site to be great and supportive, and of course it is great that you are also doing Go Lower but to me that is just an added bonus that there are other Go Lower dieters on here.

I am pleased to hear that you are going to stop stressing as stress does not help and you have other things to think about.

How are you finding it back at work? Is it doing something you have done in the past?

Hi Suzy...

I love this forum it's so relaxed and friendly. I couldn't imagine being 'abused' on here - that's awful. It is great that we're doing the same diet Go Lower, as that's extra support and we know what the other is 'chatting' about! Feel like old friends meeting up for a chat!

Have stopped stressing for now thanks....Ketosis has set again and that is making life easier to start with...

My job - it's nothing to do with what I was doing pre-kids. I want to go in to primary school teaching. Had an interview back in Jan of this year for the course, but couldn't get on it as not enough class room experience. So have now got a TA (Teaching assistant's) job at a local school. Am loving it. Only thing is, wasn't expecting to go back to work now - was hoping to start back in Sept, but never mind. Only do 15hrs a week and the little one is in nursery when I work and my eldest at school so don't feel too guilty!

xx

I feel like you do when we talk about Go Lower, so many people still haven't heard of it. I love it when I can talk to someone that knows what it is all about.

Glad ketosis has set in and you have stopped stressing.

I was thinking about doing something with kids in school as then I would be able to work around school hours. When my boss said to stay on for a few more months where I am I jumped at it as I had not got very far with job hunting. Lets see what happens with him extending my time again or not........

I've literally just said on another thread - why didn't I do Go Lower earlier - Oh yeah, didn't know about it.....It's sooo true, alot of people don't know about it. I stumbled across it by accident and then did my homework - Thank goodness I did...

As for the job - it is really good working school hrs - that way you get the best of both worlds...it's the work-life balance... Really enjoying it and got my 1st pay cheque in 7years last week - not as much as I used to get, but more than I have been getting ie. £0 in 7yrs!!! and now real money - yeah...Life is falling into place - work, home and weight loss!!

I agree with you about your job, if you're happy where you are see if they'll extend again or not and then if not look into schools - there's admin jobs if you don't like the idea of the classroom..

good luck and keep losing

xx

I am the same, if I had known about Go Lower before I would have done it. That is why I am now telling my friends about it as I want to spread the GO LOWER word.....

I never knew a diet could be so easy to follow!

If I went for a school job I really don't know where I would prefer to work, in admin or the class.
I may even think about Special needs as I have so much more patience for kids with a disability and I know not everyone can work in that environment.

Hopefully this job will last for a while as the money is quite OK and I know I will not get the same in a school.

I hope you are you going to spend your first pay packet on you.

Thanks Suzy but the first pay packet went towards the new car we had to buy over the easter break....and the car's not even for me but for my OH! His had died and gone to the scrap yard in the sky and so he been using my car...it was awful having to rely on others to get me places etc...anyway we got a car and what I earn will be paying it off!! (Oh, and maybe some knew work clothes for me, nothing too exciting as it is in a classroom and bound to get ruined!)

xx

Sorry to hear you didn't even get to enjoy you first pay after so long..... you need to buy a few special bits for you apart from work clothes, especailly as you are losing soo much weight.

Back