how heavy do you think my clothes are?

peachy1982

Silver Member
As you may have guessed this is about weighing myself.
When I weighed on Monday I had jeans and a jumper and shoes on.
What do you think these weigh?
I have no sclaes at home and just wanted to estimate my actual real weight.
What figure do you think?
peachy
x

I always allow 2lbs for clothes and 1lb for shoes= 3lbs altogether- not in the least bit scientific though!

I think you need to allow 2-3 pounds for your jeans and jumper. I always make sure I get weighed in my lightest possible clothes. Sometimes withour jewellery and underwear as my CDC scales are so accurate!!!

OMG always take shoes off and make sure i have a wee first !

HI There

My CC said to allow 2- 4 pounds for your clothing - of course depending on what you are wearing.

I took off my boots when I got weighed cause my boots alone way 2.3 pounds! :eek: solid black heels! LOL

I didn't want any added weight to my already large total! LOL

Remember if you are going to weigh yourself - do it the same time each day because your weight changes throughout the day - especially if you are drinking alot of water!

Water weighs alot, I would love to know how much water actually weighs and effects the total of your weigh ins.

I'm really obssesive about what clothes I weigh in with! I won't wear jeans as they weigh loads more! Never wear shoes or jewellery!! Even wear trainer socks...not normal socks!!

I would say a light outfit would weigh 2lbs but jeans, jumper and shoes will easily weigh 4lbs!

I weigh at home (naked!) and I weigh 4-5lbs less on my own scales than on my CDC's with all my clothes on.

Hope this helps x

I can weigh upto 4lbs heavier at night after drinking all my water...but 100 wees later in the morning it's gone!

I always weigh myself when I get up everyday!

Just to let you know a 2 ltr plastic bottle of water weighs 2lbs, there for if you drink 4 ltrs in a day plus shakes etc you can weigh up to 6lbs heavier in the evening, never weigh at different times!!!

Kangy - Your post made me laugh out loud and now people in the office want to know what's so funny!!!!

Thanks for making me laugh

S xxxx

Day 2 for me, and not hungry yet
probably spoke too soon
peachy
x

Might go and sort through the wardrobe tonight, see what light clothes i can find for my weigh in monday.
I remember when i was at weightwatchers i did actually weight my clothes on the kitchen scales before i went for the weigh in. God i was an absolute nutter!
peachy
x

Back