How jeans sizes in shops can make you feel rubbish ( Dont feel disheartened! )

slimfor2016

Top jeans are a 20 from matalan, they are loose on me. Middle jeans are bench size 16. I can just about get into them but they are too tight for my liking to wear out still.Bottom jeans, marked size 20 from primark, cant even get them done up!! So if you go shopping and struggle to fit into something, it may be the shop sizing is way out, don't be disheartened!! Ive lost 2 stone so far and its amazing how shop sizes differ.It can make you feel awful!!

Attachments

• 13241156_1718386028448930_3289335386623523372_n.jpg
    13241156_1718386028448930_3289335386623523372_n.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 76
T'is true - I have a pair of size 18 jeans from M&S and I haven't even bothered trying them on yet this summer as I know they will be too tight.............however, I also have a pair of size 16 M&S jeans from a different range which fit me fine!

I always find Primarni to be a bit on the small side. Even when I lost 2 stone at SW and was buying a 16 elsewhere, I was still buying a 20 there.

Totally agree with this.

The best jeans I've found are the asda wonderfit skinnies.... fabulous!!

They stretch and shrink with you, so fit on a skinny day and also fit on a fat bloaty day :rolleyes:

I have a pair that lasted me throughout my entire pregnancy... from about 8 weeks when waist bands started to get a little uncomfortable to the day I went in for induction at 41 weeks.

I actually have the same pair on today as my comfy jeans (now back to pre-pregnancy weight)

I
Totally agree with this.

The best jeans I've found are the asda wonderfit skinnies.... fabulous!!

They stretch and shrink with you, so fit on a skinny day and also fit on a fat bloaty day :rolleyes:

I have a pair that lasted me throughout my entire pregnancy... from about 8 weeks when waist bands started to get a little uncomfortable to the day I went in for induction at 41 weeks.

I actually have the same pair on today as my comfy jeans (now back to pre-pregnancy weight)
I have to totally agree with you on these. They are the best fitting jeans i have ever had. I love that the medium is a 14-16 as you can't get that size typically anywhere else, its usually 12-14 then 16-18. Ladies you should try these :D

Will try them thanks!

I always wondered about jeans sizing, a 14 is a 32 inch waist, so jeans size 32" 31" etc, but few jeans actually do up round the waist!

Oooh, excellent tip with the Asda jeans!

We don't have one super close but I will make a trip this week to take a look. I find Tesco quite decent for jeans and trousers too, I think they nail that 'skinny when you feel skinny, roomy when you feel bloated' category well too.

Thanks for the pep talk slimfor2016 - shopping for jeans is frustrating for me. I tend to live in leggings now I'm doing SW. Congrats on your achievements so far - that's an incredible journey you've been on.

Oh my goodness I hate this! Part of the reason I can't do clothes shopping is because it's so confusing, especially for my body shape with a mahoosive chest, long body and massive thighs.
About 10 years ago I was a size 16 and went into H&M to buy some new trousers. I tried on a 16, 18, 20, 22 and they were all too small. I have never been in a H&M store since as it made me so upset! Not that I could even hope to fit into any of their clothes at the moment anyway.

Shocking at the difference between those jeans in the photo though!

Back