How long did it take you to notice a difference?

Hazelnut

I'm being impatient :D
I've only lost eight pounds so I really don't expect to see a difference yet, but I don't know how long I should expect it to take... anything like clothes getting a bit loose, starting to look a bit different.

I have noticed little things though, like I don't feel as drained now I'm eating more healthily, and this morning I was able to increase my exercise routine without feeling exhausted afterwards. Also I hate something unhealthy yesterday (I caved :(), and it made me feel really ill... I think my body is getting to like healthy stuff!

ive lost about 8 pounds too and have not noticed anything yet but other people have, it just take time :(

That's the frustrating thing, I feel so bouncy and happy that I'm doing this, and I'm impatient to see some effects and for other people to see them!

Dont give up just coz ur not noticing the results as quickly as you would like they will happen im in the same boat and trying not to think about it (only been a week for me lol)
It will be noticable when you least expect it

I've 1st 9lbs off now & only two people have noticed! I have another stone or so to go til goal so I'm hoping it'll show soon! LOL! Or maybe I'll dress in baggy clothes until goal then make a grand entrance somewhere in skinny jeans & a tight tshirt & see the reactions....yes, I like that idea.... ;P

that sounds like a good idea lol but have an ambulance on stand by for all the ones that pass out from shock

Wow, I've never been on a diet before, I assumed it would show quite drastically if you'd lost over a stone!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to be happy about it on my own!

the last time i lost weight to get to what i am now, i lost around a stone. i didnt notice any difference, but when i went back home from uni everyone was raving about how much weight i've lost. so dont worry, and dont count on yourself to realise that you have. you're with yourself all the time so you dont notice a change at all. when people do notice, and they will, you'll feel on top of the world :) x

I have now lost a stone, I have one pair of trousers that I bought, but have never worn and I try them on religiously every week, at first I couldn't even get them on, now I can very nearly fasten them. Apart from that, no one has noticed, or maybe they are just not saying anything to be polite!

i like the idea of doing that, buying trousers and seeing when they fit! maybe i'll go and invest in a pair of size 14s!

When I was at my highest weight it took me just over a stone to notice and that was only due to my loose pants. Now I notice when I loose (and gain) a half stone (7 pounds). I

I have now lost a stone, I have one pair of trousers that I bought, but have never worn and I try them on religiously every week, at first I couldn't even get them on, now I can very nearly fasten them.
Me too! My Mum bought me a pair of Next trousers (at £45! I'd NEVER have gotten them!) just after I had my 1st daughter- they've never fitted me and she's 3!! I tried them on last week & they actually tie on me- they didn't even come up over my ass! Ok, they're tight, but they fasten!! :party0011:

at the minute im a large 18 but ive got a pair of small 18`s that id love to fit into again so thats my goal for the time being clothes wise

It took me about a stone and a half before i could myself notice i'd lost weight. However my Mum could tell before that.

Although now i am getting smaller in size, say when i lose half a stone i will notice it more !

oooh kazzy you have a face! Woooo! hello :) xxx

lol elle i do i suddenly remembered i had a horrible foto stashed away on the pc in among fotos of the dogs hehehehe

how much do you have to lose then to get a smaller size of trousers on? ive got a size 10 jeans that i wore 2 years ago and wonderd if i could ever fit into them again :p! im currently a size 12 and 14

my neighbour said today have you lost weight your boobs look smaller hehehehehehe

my neighbour said today have you lost weight your boobs look smaller hehehehehehe
Its a bit creepy that they'd notice that...! :giggle:

i've had horrible experiences with these boobs of mine. livin in stoke on trent when i was at uni was the worst...i had a delivery one day and the guy in the van was callin from the street "uuuuuuuuugh your boobs are amazing, *wolfwhistle*, bet you're goin back in to your fella now for some hanky panky, bet he loves em, phwooooooar". that grossed me out for a long while....

Back