How long does meat last once defrosted?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Possibly a silly question but how long does meat last once defrosted before it goes off? My mum froze 4 of my pork steaks together, I can't separate them so I have to defrost them all but can't refreeze. I could just eat it for the next few days but I don't know how long after defrosting it'll usually go off. If need be I might just have to cook something up like a pork curry and freeze it, I refuse to throw away over half the pack!

I would say 24hrs - but judge it by the smell and the way the meat looks - any other than normal healthy pink - I wouldn't eat x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't trust my nose to be honest, I know when it's really gone off but if I have even the slightest reason to think it might be bad, I smell phantom smells! Think I'm going to have one of them tonight and I'll cook the rest as a curry or something and freeze it. I'm really funny with food and worrying if it'll make me ill so not sure I'd actually be able to make myself eat it tomorrow thinking about it anyway. Thanks for the replies.

Back