How long is this taking everyone?

Hi,
I've been doing EE since November and I have good and bad days (don't we all?) and so far, have lost 1stone 4lbs. Someone I work with lost 3st on WW in 5 months and keeps telling me to knuckle down and get one with it! but I'm quite happy as long as my weight is going the right way. Is everyone else doing the steady route? Or are people being really strict to get there quicker? And for the fast loosers, are you exercising too?! Any comments would be great! Thanks
:)

Hi there

Im losing well- 4st 3.5lb in 17 weeks (much more consistant than I did on WW) -But I have a lot to lose and I am sticking to it 100% -which I appretiate is easier for me than it is for many as I have no children etc to cater for -just me n hubby -so I have no excuse to have "goodies" in -so less temptation;)
I walk a fair bit and use my wii -
I wouldn't say Im "trying" THAT hard as such as Im loving it, so it doesn't seem much effort.. remind me I said this if I get stuck at some later date :p
I think I just so happen to have found the right plan for me at the right time *after years of failed attempts*

I started in november and have lost 4 1/2 stone so far, had a bit of a stay the same for the last couple of months (not as good as I should have been I have to confess).

I started going to the gym a few months ago and so far so good. I'm well and truly back on plan now though.

I'm going down the strict route. I have no choice or it will never happen otherwise! I do exercise but not a great deal, mainly some swimming as it's still pretty tricky for me to do anything more energetic but once I can I'll do more. I'm just hoping I haven't done permanent damage to my hips and knees but it feels like it. Stupid stupid me.:banghead: Anyway, it can only get better.:)

I've nearly lost 100lbs since the end of February so can't complain.:D

Hiya

I really think this is different for everybody. A lady at my group has been doing SW since October and has lost nearly 2stone and another has been there about the same time and lost 7.5stone :eek: :eek: She doest exercise but has young children so is prob running about after them, but the lady who has lost nearly 2 stone goes to the gym loads.

If you stick to 5syns a day and alternate between red and green and EE then your prob going to do better than just sticking to one plan and using all your syns.

I think the best way to view it is, as long as its going down its going the right way :D

I have lost 3.5 stone, since November 2009. I have been good and bad, and had months where ive not shifted anything at all - just losing and gaining the same weight......!!!!

Its coming off now - ive got a wedding next year to be a slim bride for!!! :D xxx

I am losing well...24lbs in 7 weeks. I am combining EE with exercise, mainly form walking and following my toddler about and using the Wii Fit with the board and The Biggest Loser game. This works for me and I keep waiting for my weight to settle down but I think as long as I keep up the exercise (no chance of slowing down now my baby is a toddler) and the EE plan I think it'll do!

Wow! some great losses there! I know we're all different but sometimes I wonder what I should do to nudge it. Ellebear, I too have a wedding next year to be a slim bride for so I'm thinking I should raise my game a bit! I cycle to work 6 miles a day, 5 days a week and am now starting to powerwalk a mile round the park, 4 days a week as a little extra exercise, with a view to jogging. Am hoping this will boost my loss a little. I normally am good for a few weeks (say approx 10 syns a day) and then I have a binge in an afternoon which then jeopordises that week's weigh in and takes me a good week to recover from! Fingers crossed that things will speed up!! ;)

I've lost 3st 9lbs since Jan, I do EE and have about 9 syns a day... I've only gained twice (1lb and 0.5lb) and maintained once. It's averaging at 1.6lbs a week, which I think is pretty good going. :)

Oh def the scenic route for me.(see my stats at bottom of page ) Hopefully, because it took so long, it will stay off as the menus will be ingrained in my head for life !!!

Hi!
I wouldn't say I lose super slowly, but slower than a lot of people. Been back on plan since towards the end of January and stuck to it pretty much religiously (with the odd meal or day/s off for special occasions). Just about to finish week 30 and I have lost 36lb's. Over 1lb a week, so Im happy ;)
I do have days when I think why isn't this happening quicker, but in general I am very very happy losing weight this way.

You should definitely come join in the Operation Bridal Gown group :D

I have been losing weight since January and with SW since May. I have lost 5st overall, 2 1/2 stone with and without using SW. The results with SW have been faster simply because I have had a lot more focus. I am quite strict about my diet and try and be 100% every day, but the only exercise I really do is chasing my kids around and a fair bit of walking.

I am being strict because I have a goal date in mind, but I know that the hard graft is as much maintaining once you get to target, as it is losing in the first place. Unless finances prevent me from going, I suspect I will be a life long SW member.

40 pounds in 8 weeks, hope for my 3 stone this week. Admit I have a lot to lose though but it does work.

Well I am both 100% strict AND very slow. I've lost almost 3.5 stone, but it's taken me 2.5 years. I know how slow this sounds, but I never started this for quick losses, I started it for permanent losses. I plateued for the WHOLE of 2009, but stayed 100% on plan. SW DOES work, no argument. Some of our bodies are just a little less reluctant to let go of out extra padding ;-)

I'm shifting it pretty slowly and every week where I've had a loss I have been 100%, generally having less than 10 syns per day. I have started to introduce exercise into my life (5 sessions last week!) in the hope of speeding the process up a bit !!

I have lost 3 stone in 19 weeks on Extra Easy.

I have followed the plan but being totally honest, have probably averaged between 15/20 syns day. This includes flexi syn days (when out for dinner), cheats such as counting a slice of white bread as a HEX for that day, a weeks holiday and a cocktail filled weekend.

I have gained on 2 weeks of those 19 - once on a star week (lost 4 the following week) and once after the cocktail weekend.

On the positive side, I do lots of exercise. I swim, run (sort of!), do Body Pump and Spin classes as well as walking a lot as I have no car.

I fully expect to have to be stricter with the syns the smaller I get and so hope I can adjust and still lose all the way down.

I've been losing weight seriously since May of this year, but rejoined SW in June. I'm averaging about 2.5lbs a week (been to class for 8 weeks to date), gained once (2lbs) and haven't STS yet. I'll admit, I was okay taking the scenic route at the beginning...

...However, I reduced my syns to 15 a day (my consultant told me to have 20) and I was walking until I hurt my leg, so the exercise bit is a work in progress. I'm happy with the fact that the weight is going down, not up, but more often than not I feel that I should be losing much more than what I have been due to my size.

I don't endevour to do that all the time, but I would like to get to a point (sooner rather than later) where I feel I've come so far I couldn't possibly put it all back on again. I haven't reached this point yet, but I try not to focus on that and set mini goals instead. I find this helps me a lot, and I really do not know why I didn't ever do that before.

At the same time, I do have A LOT to lose, so I want to be realistic too. I know I'm capable of huge losses each week, but I don't want to set myself up for failure by actively pursuing a huge number every week. I much prefer to aim for the average 1-2lbs per week. Any more is a bonus and makes me feel extra awesome. :)

Plus, all of you guys with your amazing progress pics and diaries are keeping my on my toes. So I blame you...:D

I have lost 24lbs in around 11 weeks averages out nicely at just over 2lbs a week - am happy with my progress so far! have lost a couple of stone before really quickly and then just put it back on. Am happy to go the steady route and definitely going for the lifestyle change this time.

i have lost 2 stone 10lb(38lb) in 20 weeks(19 weigh ins).
i have been strict and followed it to the letter every day since i started!!!
not going to class next week for the first time as im away though and dreading a big gain because ive been so strict until now!

Back