How long till you dropped a dress size...

Flex that's fabulous! My friend who lost 5 stone on SW said he knew he was at target when he could get into a pair of 34 waist jeans he bought whilst in NYC this year.

I think you should go and try some clothes on in a shop just so you can really see how far you've come - belting in your old trousers just won't do - you need the full visual effect!!

made me snigger. dont know why. had a giggly shudder up my back when I read your post AJB. I will get use dto it soon

I will do. Im setting myself a treat when I get to 14stone. so hoping that will be 2 weeks today.

anyway, normal men cant look good in clothes no matter what. There is the "I must try and look presentable" look and the "relaxing look". Men never look good.

Flex, AJB is right, you should go try some clothes on see how good you are looking.

My hubby has the same view about clothes as you do. He is also bigger than you and looks completely normal.

Get some pics up!!! ;)

we dont have a digi camera and atm can not afford to buy one. sorry lind

To be fair my friend is gay so maybe looking good in clothes is more of a big deal for him!!

Probably, but imho even no matter how hard men try they just can not look good. Not saying that in a vitriolic, "im a mans man" kinda way. I just think other than a suit its impossible for guys to turn a head. Where as women can get noticed.

maybe im just wired that way.

I must admit I do appreciate a man in a well cut suit!

It is a lot harder for men, not like you can go out in a short skirt or dress (unless that's your thing!) I do think men look good though when they keep it simple, nice jeans and a black jumper do it for me!

When my husband wears a suit he looks like he's about to go to court!!! He didn't even wear one on our wedding day! lol

I do understand what you are saying Flex, just find what you like and some colours that suit you and see where you go from there. You might also find that your new weight body has changed and you might look better than you think.

I'm with you Hanmac! You can't beat the jeans and black top combo - simple, stylish and sexy :D

I love a man in a well cut suit too - or a uniform - erm. . . . . like a firemans uniform or something :D

Ahh all this talk of men has made me excited to get back on the dating scene! Haha

Saw my ex for the first time since last Christmas. Long story short, we got together when I first came to Uni, I met him when I worked at an event the company he worked for organised, we then split up, then I got offered a job by the same company! We got back together, split up again, then still had to work together. It was awkward and sad, I finished work and was then invited to their Christmas party. Went to the party, and we didn't get a chance to talk. I found out (through facebook) that he had a new girlfriend a couple of weeks before the party, so was prepared. As I was about to leave he came over and said 'Sorry haven't had a chance to talk', I said 'dont worry and good luck with (new girlfriend name)', got into a taxi and cried my eyes out!

Hadn't seen him since then. He did leave me heartbroken and that combined with being so self concious about my weight has meant that i've never given any relationships a good go ever since. Always felt embarassed that when I got together with ex the first time I was at my lowest weight, and when we got back together I had put on a lot of weight, and always wondered if that...changed things. And made me think 'why would any guy be interested in me'.

But last weekend I was going to an event organised by the old company, as spoke to my friend there and managed to blag vip passes! And she said 'phone 'ex' to get them when you get there', so knew he'd be there and would have to see him! So barely slept the night before, and in the morning really pampered myself to look good :) Wore a t-shirt and shorts and the friend I went with, who has never commented on my weight loss said I looked amazing! Was even chatted up by some of the teams at the event :) And when he saw me he actually looked shocked. Not that I want us to get back together, it was just nice to show him that life for me got better after we split up.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a novel! But the moral of the story is, that this weekend really gave me the confidence to get back out there, both emotionally and physically!

Hanmac, that's a great story, I know what you mean about not wanting to get back together BUT just wanting to them to see you at your very best! It's definitely a self-esteem thing. You've laid that one to rest, now you can start window shopping (and not just for clothes)!! Good for you x

good for you Hanmac, u should be proud of yourself

Can't wait to get back on the dating scene - already been chatted up a few times (on the train home from work of all places!) clearly I'm oozing confidence now the weight is coming off - bring on the skinny jeans figure hugging tops :D

Thank you ladies!! It felt amazing :)

Plus I met his new girlfriend, ok this might sound awful but I mean it in a completely different way. She is larger than I was when I started LL, and it proved to me that he never really found weight to be an issue, it was me being the paranoid one. I always put myself down as he was really athletic and slim, and I felt like a great big elephant next to him. But really he never found my weight an issue, it was me that turned it into one!

Wow this week has been a big learning experience!

I just wanted to pop my head in and say good for you hannah! you are beautiful and should have every confidence, but Uni can be HARD! so many perfect girls with lots of mum and dads money, thats how i felt at Uni anyway..

and on the subject of men looking good, my hubby looks his sexiest in baggy skate shorts, a skater t shirt socks and DC's.

:) every woman has a different aesthetic in mind about whats sexy on a guy!

I just wanted to pop my head in and say good for you hannah! you are beautiful and should have every confidence, but Uni can be HARD! so many perfect girls with lots of mum and dads money, thats how i felt at Uni anyway..

and on the subject of men looking good, my hubby looks his sexiest in baggy skate shorts, a skater t shirt socks and DC's.

:) every woman has a different aesthetic in mind about whats sexy on a guy!

Thank you prettypaula!! :)
And I completely agree, Uni is so hard sometimes. Surrounded by people my age who can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound, that's why i've had quite a hard time telling them i'm on this diet as they just don't get it at all. And also they keep talking about how their flat stomachs were 'sooo much flatter when i was younger'...a whole 2 years ago!

Haha rant over! :D

I always find it weird when really slim guys have larger girlfriends - what is that all about?! I appreciate beauty is in the eye of the beholder but that always rang hollow with me - like you Hanmac if I'm not happy with my weight then someone claiming to love me at the size just heightens the paranoia!

I guess I just feel that if I don't actually like looking at myself - then how can someone possibly love me looking like this?! Right I'll stop rambling on!!

Wow Hannah you have come on leaps and bounds this week. You are going to complete this journey and feel even better and have more confidence than you have now.Then when you are least expecting it you are going to find love. May not be mr right but you can sure have fun finding out.

Yeah Linda - soliders do it for me every time too. Ashamed to say - but so does a policeman in uniform lol

Back