how long

paula 36

Gold Member
Hi guys ,how long have you all struggled with your weight?

My story is when i had my son in 1994 i put on about 5 to 6 stone which took me to about 16 stone.When i had luke i lost 6 stone with ww.I felt fab in the meantime i fluctuated abit.Then in 97 i had my daughter and put the same amount on again but this time i have yo yoed.
I have gone down to 14 then put it back on and now about 16 ish.This really has been goin on for 10 years.

Ive done cambridge,lighter life,rosemary connelly,ww,slimming world etc etc.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How long? Hmm Im 39 now... so since I was about 16... at varying levels ofcourse, its only the past 3 or 4 years it got SERIOUSLY out of hand

I have never ever been anything near slim in all my life. I've tried every concievable diet on this earth, lost loads at times but always put it on! All my family were fat, now they're not and I am the last one! Sis lost 13 stone, bro 5, dad three, mum two!

Well where do i start!!well since i was about 13 i have had problems with my weight and when i was 15 i went to ww andd got to my goal day b4 i was 16,youngest to get to goal in uk i was made aware! amazing feeling!
Then i always maintained my weight and when met steve 2 years ago was slim moved in together a year ago weight just went up,so kept doing ww and then giving up so i done cd,lost 2 stone since jan but just causing problems with me and him never can go out for a meal or drink anythink more then water!
So here i am back again on ww! i am only 6lb away from goal i keep saying i can do it!:D
Any support would be welcome!!

Mine started when i met my ex .. i was 15 he was 30 (i know i know) ... i ran away from home 7hours away, and got lonely confused and started comfort eating ....... Had my first daughter at 18 .. then the violence started ........ more comfort eating .... depression etc = eating to feel better I went from 9st 3lb to 15 stone in the matter of 2 yrs .......... and struggled ever since! I left him 3 kids later in 2001 and since then ive gone down to 14st 11 i think was my weight when i started ww this time! .. but ive also tried SW and done WW previously

there ya go thats me!

I meet H2B when I was 14 he was 19 (and we've been together ever since which is now 9 years). I use to be a size 8/10 and was very happy with my weight, but before I knew it the weight started creeping on, and I ignored it at first, until I started hating myself for getting fat. I got up to 14st 7 and was a size 18, I felt so fat and disgusting, I just wanted to hide :(

H2B has never made an issue of my weight, but I feel that deep down it must affect him.

I have been trying to diet for years, but am really motivated to do something about it now, because we're getting married in December :)

I can't beleive that food has such a hold on me!

Good luck to everyone, we will all get to where we want to be, we just need to stay positive!

xx

i am off to the dietatician later,cause i have to see her before i see the surgeon again.
Im also seeing her for my daughter i am really worried bout her weight and the doctor advised i see her.
All these appointments cost a bloody fortune.Both my kids take after me with the weightxx

at school i was always a bit on the large side nothing to worry about though.
When i was 16 i started my 1st job in a travel agents, thats when the weight started to pile on. We'd eat breakfasts, big lunches cream cakes and loads of snacks throughout the afternoon. I tried various diets ww slimming world, but i just did not have the determination and will power to succeed. Before i new it I was over 20 stone, seriously obese ! I started the cambridge diet but only lasted a couple of weeks i had the will power but i was so depressed and snappy at everyone. I didnt want to go out, i stayed in doors feeling sorry for myself!
Eventually i thought enough was enough and started on this diet 2 months on i've lost a stone and a half, and am really enjoying the diet...surprise surprise! I've joined a gym, i was actually measured today and in the last month i've lost 8 inches , and am really proud of myself and my family and friends are so supportive!
Thanks to everyone on the minimins forum
Laura
xxx

aw Pixie, I'm so sorry to hear you had such a horrible time x :( You poor little pet, well done on all you have achieved. You must be very brave. xx

So my story!, I think I was roughly a "normal" sized child - until about age 10, very chubby - got teased for being fat in school. Main reason, I had lived with my granny on and off til I was 8 and had healthy dinners etc.. but it was when (around 8) I was back with my mother full time that my weight shot up - she had a serious drink problem and dinners/meals/ breakfast didnt exist in our house - alot of food was trips to the chippers on the way home from the pub. ALOT. Then, I spent ALOT of time at home on my own when I was young, very isolated area and I was bored and lonely and filled my time with raiding the presses - never anything substansial in to eat but nearly always cheese and bread so lived on rubbish.

I remember being very body conscious even back then, zero confidence, constantly apologising for the smallest of things.

Then, at age 12, I went to 6.5 stone, I didnt realise at the time the seriousness of it but when I look back now as an adult I realise what was happening. I spent alot of time at my grannys, she would always lay out breakfast before school for me and I would put to cornflakes into the bowl with a drop of milk and put it in the sink to make it "look" like I had eaten. I used to insist on eating the dinners she gave me (my granny) in my room cos Id put them in the bin. I spent HOURS each night doing little exercises and easily up to an hour looking in the mirror telling myself how disgusting, ugly and fat I was. I wouldnt eat lunch at school and remember it got so bad that I once fainted (in a first aid course, funnily enough :D)

My weight then piled on again - at around 14, 15, 16 - I probably hit around 14 stone (if not more).

I went from that to being a little bigger again, around 14.7 at 17/8 (years old) - I went to live in America and used to be sick after most meals, I probably dropped a stone and a half in two months or so..

I have to watch myself with this, even now as every now and then it does happen, not often, mind.

I then met OH, and when I became pregnant BALLOONED to 18 stone, probably a combination of feeling secure with him/ being obsessed with food anyway/ using pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I liked.

I've had such a crazy relationship with food - I'm completely obsessed with it - I think about it constantly. Im either one of two extremes - eating everything I see or not eating at all/ being sick. Delighted I found ww and here, it may sound dramatic but I feel, for the first time, Im developing a normal relationship with diet. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey paula been thinking about you today, let us know how you get on hope you nit missing me too much :p

aw Pixie, I'm so sorry to hear you had such a horrible time x :( You poor little pet, well done on all you have achieved. You must be very brave. xx

So my story!, I think I was roughly a "normal" sized child - until about age 10, very chubby - got teased for being fat in school. Main reason, I had lived with my granny on and off til I was 8 and had healthy dinners etc.. but it was when (around 8) I was back with my mother full time that my weight shot up - she had a serious drink problem and dinners/meals/ breakfast didnt exist in our house - alot of food was trips to the chippers on the way home from the pub. ALOT. Then, I spent ALOT of time at home on my own when I was young, very isolated area and I was bored and lonely and filled my time with raiding the presses - never anything substansial in to eat but nearly always cheese and bread so lived on rubbish.

I remember being very body conscious even back then, zero confidence, constantly apologising for the smallest of things.

Then, at age 12, I went to 6.5 stone, I didnt realise at the time the seriousness of it but when I look back now as an adult I realise what was happening. I spent alot of time at my grannys, she would always lay out breakfast before school for me and I would put to cornflakes into the bowl with a drop of milk and put it in the sink to make it "look" like I had eaten. I used to insist on eating the dinners she gave me (my granny) in my room cos Id put them in the bin. I spent HOURS each night doing little exercises and easily up to an hour looking in the mirror telling myself how disgusting, ugly and fat I was. I wouldnt eat lunch at school and remember it got so bad that I once fainted (in a first aid course, funnily enough :D)

My weight then piled on again - at around 14, 15, 16 - I probably hit around 14 stone (if not more).

I went from that to being a little bigger again, around 14.7 at 17/8 (years old) - I went to live in America and used to be sick after most meals, I probably dropped a stone and a half in two months or so..

I have to watch myself with this, even now as every now and then it does happen, not often, mind.

I then met OH, and when I became pregnant BALLOONED to 18 stone, probably a combination of feeling secure with him/ being obsessed with food anyway/ using pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I liked.

I've had such a crazy relationship with food - I'm completely obsessed with it - I think about it constantly. Im either one of two extremes - eating everything I see or not eating at all/ being sick. Delighted I found ww and here, it may sound dramatic but I feel, for the first time, Im developing a normal relationship with diet. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are you sure you wrote that and not me wow,we sound as if our lives to that point have been very similarxx

Hey paula been thinking about you today, let us know how you get on hope you nit missing me too much :p
Hi sweetie well i went and surprise surprise she was like a stick.
Ive got a cancellation so im hoping to get my date this morning.Ive managed to get an appointment in an hours time.
I have to have the cd shakes for 2 weeks before the op so my stomach shrinks so they can put the band round.The dietician said she has seen thousands that have had it done ,but it is a last resort.I know that and i feel really excited about getting this done.I know its not gonna be easy but at least i wont be able to overeat and binge.xx

Has anyone got any objections to me staying on here even though im not really doing it at the mo or in the next couple of months etc.I dont want to leave this site as your all lovelyxx

NO you cant stay.. go away ha ha only jokin coarse ya can stay!
If your doin cd before the op we can SS together if you lik,help each other out and stuff ;)

Have you seen any programmes about what your having done to give you an idea wat its lik?
Im forever watching them on discovery health, after the op the people just seem to shrink!

Let us no how ya get on x

Hi sweetie well i went and surprise surprise she was like a stick.
Ive got a cancellation so im hoping to get my date this morning.Ive managed to get an appointment in an hours time.
I have to have the cd shakes for 2 weeks before the op so my stomach shrinks so they can put the band round.The dietician said she has seen thousands that have had it done ,but it is a last resort.I know that and i feel really excited about getting this done.I know its not gonna be easy but at least i wont be able to overeat and binge.xx

Has anyone got any objections to me staying on here even though im not really doing it at the mo or in the next couple of months etc.I dont want to leave this site as your all lovelyxx

Paula-YOU'RE lovely, your comments and praise are great. I wouldnt want you to go anywhere stay!!! Good luck to you too, and let us all know how you get on!xx

thank you so much i could hug all of you.
Sandy i started to panick then when i read the start of your reply lolx

Back