How much does it cost

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Springador, 27 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi,
    I am thinking about changing from CD to Lighterlife. I just cant get back into CD and after hundreds of restarts I think I need to change direction and try something new. I know I want to do a VLCD so thought maybe Lighterlife might work better for me. The only thing is how expensive is it compared to CD, at the moment I pay about £36 per week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    A lot more. Because with it we get psychological counseling (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Transactional Analysis)

It is £66 a week. Steep - but worth it if you can budget it. And if you feel your issues would be better resolved by a counselor, etc.

Good luck!

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Definately worth it. It's not just "here's the packs, of you go".
    the Coucillors help you throughout the VLCD stage and then beyond that it you want to keep on the Maintenance program, the group sessions with the councillor and other LL'ers are good inspiration and motivation too.

Plus, I've tried things like the Slim Fast packs before, and the LL stuff tastes MILES better! :D

5. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I like to , that RTM can last a lifetime if you want it. In other words, after the 12 weeks are over and you are back on all foods - if you still feel the weekly meeting and checking in will help you stay on the straight and narrow - you can continue the clases, and I believe that is at no cost!

One of our ladies has been attending (and maintaining!) for 5 years! Not that I would wwant to still be going in weekly at that stage - but - if I found it was the only way to maintain, I would be glad of the opportunity. :)

6. emzski

emzski Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I thought about it found it was £66 a week and then dismissed as I htough NO WAY can I afford it. However i sat down and decided I could and I WAS WORTH IT. Infact to be honest youll be suprosed at how much you save. I never realised how much I spent on junk food, takeaways etc. I thought it would be a struggle £66 a week but its not!

7. clarins

clarins Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    £66 per week and i was a failed, CDer, and now i have just completed 1 week on ll and have not cheated once, this is going to work for me, and i hesitated because of the cost, but i need to save my health.

8. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    That is the best attitude to have, and what I know is going to keep me going above all else.

I simply have to think about my uncle Terry, who at 60, is 34 stone, lying in hospital with multiple organ failures, who has spent most of his life sitting in a chair as he could barely even move himself.
    And I am NOT going to be like that, no matter what it takes. NO WAY.

9. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Worth every penny

Springador
    If you get a good LLC it'll be worth every penny and more. It has been a life saver for me.:vibes:

10. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    :( Sorry to hear your uncle suffers as he does. Thats heart-breaking really. But a great lesson to turn your life around now.

Health is the reason to do it. It was for me. At this stage of my life, vanity is not an issue - but living without illness is.

You're gonna do great.

And I am glad you found a blender! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.