How much exercise should I do on abstinence

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Kenj, 3 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Kenj

Kenj Member

Lighter Life
    I am going swimming today but I do not really know if this a good idea while I am on Abstinence.
    Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this.
    It seems to me that if I do too much I could have exercised off more calories than I eat in a day (I can swim for hours).
    and that's another thing - are we supposed to think in terms of calories on lighter life.
    By the way this forum is superb - I'm find all the back posts fascinating and very helpful
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    Hi, you use more calories just to exist than you're taking in on LL, so using more via exercise isn't a problem.

Having said that, build it up slowly, and make sure you drink lots of water. :)
  4. weevikki

weevikki Full Member

Slimming world
    I do a couple of hours in the gym every second day and walk the dog for 5 miles on the days inbetween and never found it a problem to muster up the energy. I think it's what toller girl says, you just will burn even more fat and tone at the same time. Good luck!
  5. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I exercised throughout as I'd always been active anyway. Gentle exercise like walking, pilates/yoga and swimming will be fine - just don't push yourself too much. Your body will tell you if it is having problems - just listen to it. Somedays I had more energy than others, so I tried to exercise only when I felt up to it, and didn't feel guilty if I just sat watching TV all day on the other days!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.