How much liquid a day?

GottaBslim

How much in total are we (humans ; ) ) suppose to drink a day. At the moment I drink about 8 brews (large mugs) and then about 2 pints of water (I drink lots when I exercise). But.... I am never off the loo! Ive read on here people saying 2 litres a day. Is it just 2 litres per day, or 2 litres on top of normal tea and coffee drinks?!?!?

As long as you get 2 litres of liquid a day it doesn't really matter. The more you drink the better. Plain old water is best, but you can have that as tea/coffee, or squash. I struggle with water so always add no sugar squash to mine. The 2 litres doesn't include fizzy drinks (diet or not) or fruit juice.
If you end up drinking more than 2 litres then thats brilliant. I find that if I am fully hydrated throughout the week it really helps with my losses. The down side is running to the loo every 20 mins, but think about the cals you are burning running up and dpwn the stairs!! lol :)

Thanks squeezy.

That's the problem, it's the amount of times I need the loo. Especially at night! There are times I think I am going to turn into the Little Britain charachter and just pee ; )

Hahaha I know that feeling!!

I'm averaging 2 teas a day and 3 litres. 1.5 bottle whilst at work and another in the evening when home till bed. Surprisingly not on the loo AS much as thought.

Recomended is 2.5 litres but I drink 2 litres because I have a couple of cups of T a day and there is fluid in fruit and veg.
Your bladder is like a muscle so the stronger it gets the more it will hold so you wont have to pee so often. To get it stronger you need to keep filling it. Keep up the good ladies x

Oh ind if you don't want to be going to loo through night try and drink it before 6 or 7 pm x

I used to be a demon water drinker but I'm a bit rubbish nowadays. I easily have a couple of large glasses, usually squash, but I'm now trying to increase that. I have herbal teas more often (I'm into peppermint tea and white tea at the moment) and I've just started trying the trick of drinking a glass of water 15 minutes before mealtimes. It's good to be hydrated! I really notice a difference in my skin condition when I'm drinking plenty :)

Thank you everyone. I drank 3 litres yesterday and I was much better in regards to the loo hehe. I don't think I realised how much I drank until I measured it out.

I use the cups thing on mfp. I count a cup as about 250/300ml. Often I drink with a pint glass so I count that as 2. MFP recommends 8+ a day, I aim to get at least 12. Some days I only get 8, some days I can drink 20. I have all of my water with a sugar free squash because normal water seems to trigger my acid reflux for some reason..

I fill a 2l bottle with water and squash and make sure to at least drink that, which works out to 9 cups

Back