How much weight have you ever gained after holiday

I usually put on at least 10lb in America when I go for 2 weeks. I usually get back to the UK on a Sat, get straight back on plan and by Wed weigh in I will have less of a gain (3-5lb, usually).

After 2 weeks in Turkey of eating everything in sight, drinking lager, wine, cocktails and doing literally no exercise, I put on 10 pounds.

I got home in the early hours of Wed morning and went to class last night which was pretty brave! Lol! :D

Still, I bought a 12 week countdown last night so we begin again......
Mate- you deserve a medal. That is sooooo brave and I don't think many people would have had the courage you displayed!

Amazing xxxx

Hope you had a good holiday... pretty fortunate, I WI on Wed, go on holiday on thursday for 2 weeks. Upon my return I have 6 days to get back on plan and achieve some sort of damage limitation.

xx

I have only ever gained a measly 1.5 pounds.. HOWEVER, i would just like to point out that, none of my 'holidays' ahve ever been an all inclusive holiday abroad. and now after reading this im slightly concerned for next year as i ahve a trip to amsterdam and 2 weeks in spain to look forward to.. eek.

i also was carful about what i ate whilst i was away, so could have been alot worse. A woman i go to class with gained a stone over christmas. So its possible, u can gain nothing, even lose, or pile it on.. but it always comes off again. I wouldnt fret. just get back to plan.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now I am very scared.... go on hols on Thursday.... don't want to undo my good work.... aggh

xx

Don't painc. It can be done! I was really worried that I would gain during my holiday, but after 2 weeks in Ibiza half-board I managed to STS!!

I just made good choices at the breakfast and dinner buffets and usually had a salad or omelette for lunch. I managed to enjoy the odd ice cream and a few malibus too. I just didn't go OTT.

HTH, xx

Drink is my downfall.... oh and fresh bread.... I haven't had bread in weeks... who said bread & butter was a prison sentence?

I aim to eat fresh fruit for breakfast & have a lot of meat/salads. I was thinking of taking mugshots (If I can find them), Scanbran & EL LC triangles, I have also bought some dry Schwartz spice rubs for when I cook in the villa... It will save me buying all the herbs & spices I would normally use. Other than that I will still treat it as a holiday... a local restaraunt does the most magnificent Wild Boar in a white truffle sauce.... and you must have it with their version of chips (to get every bit of sauce)

xx
Sounds like you've got it sussed, taking some bits and bobs with you but not totally depriving yourself - wouldnt be a holiday without a bit of indulgence would it?!

Also agree with what others have said re air travel, I weighed the same day as landing and am convinced that had a bit to do with the huge gain.

I wish you a happy holiday x

i agree sod all inclusive it sounds like a downfall lol i am really really lucky when i am in the sun i don't want to eat very much so i either lose or maybe a pound or so from the drink , it's when i have a week off work and i'm at home i just binge and i can do half a stone easy.

I agree! I'd never go all inclusive!!! *panics* I like self catering, where I can control ALL my meals, and eat out just at lunches usually, or the odd evening. Even then, I can buy gorgeous fresh stuff from local markets and make packed lunches.

The booze gets me. And bread. That's what I tend to indulge in on holidays...

My gain after 2 weeks in France a few months ago was 2lbs. I put more than that on over Christmas. More than that in just a bad week at home! LOL!

Back