How often is okay to have a treat?

BecHahns

Kit Kat chunky caramels are my favourite things in the world, since starting my diet 2 weeks ago I've had 2... I kind of feel like this is bad but I'm not sure. How often do people usually treat themselves?

To be honest, I treat myself whenever I want. I just make sure it fits in my calories. I think if I deprived myself too much, then I would never stick to it for so long!

So, hypothetically, could it be okay to eat a chocolate bar every day (I don't want to, just want to know if this is possible) while still losing weight, so long as it fits in with daily calories/fat/carbs etc?

Yeah, don't see why not. You obviously don't wanna eat all your calories in chocolate as you'd suffer due to poor nutrition, but if you did eat all your calories in chocolate, you would lose the weight still. You'd just get very ill too lol

I agree, as often as you want to and can fit them into your days calories. Like Bostik said, if all of your calories were made up of chocolate then you'd still lose some weight but not in a healthy way, you'd lose muscle, be more flabby, not get all the nutrients you need etc. but to have just one in that day and not every day, I don't see that it's a problem so don't worry about it chick :)

I agree with what Bostik said - if you fancy a treat, just work it into your daily calories, do an extra half an hour's exercise maybe.

I'm a bit of a chocoholic and my latest discovery is that I can have a lovely After Eight, every day if I want (just the one!), and I really look forward to that one After Eight and really savour it, whereas before I would eat half the box without thinking. One After Eight has just 35 calories :)

If you are averaging one treat chocolate bar a week, then I would say that sounds perfectly reasonable.

Thats the wonder of CCing, nothing is banned. I don't deprive myself of anything, or I wouldn't stick to it. xx

I love chocolate! I agree that CC is good because you can still have whatever you want, as long as it's inside your allowance, that's one of the great things...*I* choose how to spend my allowance. I have fun size snickers (88 cal), fun size twix (77 cal), frosty fruit icy poles (about 64 cal i think) and a white hot chocolate drink powder that can also be made into iced white chocolate (61 cal). I usually have one or two things from that list each evening as 'dessert'! So I make sure to save about 200 calories a day just for my dessert :)

LightningStrikesTwice said:
I love chocolate! I agree that CC is good because you can still have whatever you want, as long as it's inside your allowance, that's one of the great things...*I* choose how to spend my allowance. I have fun size snickers (88 cal), fun size twix (77 cal), frosty fruit icy poles (about 64 cal i think) and a white hot chocolate drink powder that can also be made into iced white chocolate (61 cal). I usually have one or two things from that list each evening as 'dessert'! So I make sure to save about 200 calories a day just for my dessert :)

How much do you lose each week? Do you stick to a 1200 calorie diet and exercise??

Sorry being totally nosey but love seeing how it works for other people that are maybe following same as me ;-)

Xxxx

How much do you lose each week? Do you stick to a 1200 calorie diet and exercise??

Sorry being totally nosey but love seeing how it works for other people that are maybe following same as me ;-)

Xxxx

Heya! I eat 1000-1400 per day. I know that as long as I eat 1400 or less I'll lose weight so I eat within that. I exercise some days, other days I just blob about. So far in week 1 I lost 1.2 kg. I haven't finished week 2 yet :)

That's awesome.... About the same as me ;-) it's nice to compare and see that it obviously works and the best way because even having had a bad day and not so great weekend ive not put anything on sofar altho official weigh in is Thursday ;-) lol xxx

Ooh that's reassuring. I do sometimes find myself unable to resist certain things, so it's good to know I don't need to ban them altogether so long as they fit in my calories. There are some things I try to avoid buying though, like loaves of bread or packets of biscuits, because if they are there I WILL eat them. Don't know if I'm the only person who does that... lol

BecHahns said:
Ooh that's reassuring. I do sometimes find myself unable to resist certain things, so it's good to know I don't need to ban them altogether so long as they fit in my calories. There are some things I try to avoid buying though, like loaves of bread or packets of biscuits, because if they are there I WILL eat them. Don't know if I'm the only person who does that... lol

I do the same.... We own a Sandwich bar coffee shop yet ironically never ever have bread at home or milk in the fridge haha

If there was bread in te cupboards me and hubby would always have 10 o'clock toast munchies - not good lol

I have a treat of some sort everyday as long as it fits into my calories for the day! I just make sure I don't go mad on fats and sat fats :) x

I eat choc crisp every day. tut tut i no :-(

I have fruit salad, yoghurt nut and seed mix for breakfast, ham salad sandwich for dinner and meat and veg for tea. And choc for a midnight binge. 500cals for breakfast and dinner. 500cals for tea and 500 cals for choc and junk. i no its not the healthiest way but its the only way what works for me.
I luv choc sooo much! Lost 3 stone doing this last year and 5 1/2 lbs in just under 2 week ( just started back again) My diets is awful when it isn't controled- junk food all the time.

I have done all sorts of diets before and i just can't stick to it without choc.

I don;t treat myself. I don't see the point in setting me back. I did use to have 3 marshmallows and a WW choc wafer for about 150cal once a week. But now as I'm struggling I have decided to not have any and to focus on my goal without any set back. Two weeks in nearly and so far, so good

Back