how soon does the ketostix go negative after a splurge?

BIG BIRDY

Silver Member
I ate a large chunky kit kat yesterday afternoon. That sad tale is in another thread, but I tested today and I still have 2+ of ketones in my pee. How soon afterwards do you get dumped from the Kfairies clutches?

That depends on the state of a persons metabolism at the time. You may have come out of ketosis and gone back in. You may not have come out of ketosis at all.

Either way, it doesn't make any difference to how much fat you've lost/not lost. That's down to the calories.

The main advantage of ketosis whilst on Cambridge is the reduced hunger/cravings, and you don't really need a stick to decide whether you have them or not.

Remember though that the calories will have some impact. Probably not a great amount, but there's always a consequence of extra calories. It's the psychological side that's the biggest killer. "Oooh, had one before and still lost weight/still stayed in ketosis...so I can do it again, and again" etc. That's the diet killer.

Where do you get the ketosticks from?

Boots, I had to ask for them though as they were behind the counter x

ah thanks hun xx

They are also available from your CWPC, though she may have to get them in for you.

Remember though that they aren't to test for ketosis

Back