• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

How to cook salmon?

Do you eat the skin??? I only ask cos I don't so it doesn't make any difference to me how its cooked.

If I cook it in a frying pan then I cook skin side down for about 4 or 5 mins then turn it over for another 3 or 4 mins. If its a thick piece then pop in the oven for a few mins while you dish up everything else on your plate.

If I cook it in the oven then I just splash with lemon juice, season and bake for about 15-20 mins in a foil parcel.

kdub24

I Will & I Can!!
i normally just wrap it in a foil parcel as it is no cooking first (season ect aswell) then pop it in oven and i always cook it less then the normal time to cook it, u always no wen u over cook it, it all breaks up, cook it 8 mins less and shud be perfect xxx

jen3

Silver Member
I dont eat the skin. I marinade mine in dark soy sauce and ground ginger then pan fry in frylite. Then reduce the marinade and use as a bit of a sauce. I have it with stirfried mushrooms and spring onions and noodles

sugarpuffjane

Goodbye, to the fat lady
I had a salmon steak last night and tried something different. I cooked it in foil and spread a laughing cow extra light cheese on top and added prawns and lemon juice. Was quite nice, but I will try Jeanette (Jen3) recipe next time.

caroline5th said:
Kettle. How do you cook it in a kettle????
I put mine in a parax dish. Some seasoning and White wine vinegar and put it in themicrowave. Yum
A salmon kettle not an actual kettle! Although............

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I steam mine in a seperate tray to my veg in my steamer for 20mins. Lovely :) xx