How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

It can't hurt to try reducing portion sizes? Obviously if you're hungry you need to eat, and you're really good at superfree snacking anyway. I don't know what to suggest!

When I did SW years ago I stuck to plan religiously but was only losing 0.5lbs a week or STS. I always had more than 1/3 superfree but I was having pasta/rice/potatoes/noodles with every meal. This time I've tried to keep it down to once a day and my losses have been much better. I try to be plan-neutral until my evening meal and that seems to have helped. It might not suit you (your menus sound so much lovelier and more varied than mine!) but it might just give you a kickstart week if following the 7-Day Plan doesn't do the business.

Well I was naughty and hopped on the scales earlier. My evening scale weight is 2.5lbs more than groups morning weigh in. Yesterday at group I was 15st 10.5lbs, I checked the scales and I'm 15st 5.5lbs. I've "been" twice since WI, so it could have been "bulk in the system". Gross I know.

I do mostly snack on superfree, the other week I was snacking too much though, so I really cut back this past week. 7 day planners often help, even if I make a few tweaks, but the scales look down already from yesterday. I can be a pain for carbs so I measure them all. I'm just a greedy guts!

Ended up having the mozerella hea, if I feel like steak I will just syn the cheese.

I think it threw me to go from -1lb with 3 days on plan, 2 days off, -4lbs, -1lb and then +0.5lbs all weeks on plan :(

This weight will come off. I will lose 2lbs this week! I need 1.5lbs for my January challenge, but I am aiming for 2lbs.

Gross but true! Hopefully that sets you on track for a fab loss this week.With a morning weight like that you're not far off your 5 stone award!!

I've taken to weighing my carbs too because I just can't tell how big pasta and rice are going to grow to! We also have quite deep bowls at home and I find them deceptive. I can never tell how much I'm really having.

I'd love 2lbs off this week too - it would take me to the weight I was when I met my OH just in time for our 2 year anniversary - let's do it!

hey it could be you just needed to a "go" a little bit more :) I always measure my carbs I have 60g pasta without fail... im more lenient with potatoes if im having a jacket but always makes sure its below 300g... I think thays cz I did ww before and just got used to weighing xx

Sorry about your gain Fran. You must've been so frustrated when you saw the scales. I know your consultant shouldn't have said what she said but maybe there's something in what she said and maybe you do need a bit of a blow out to kick start things again.?

I always have a treat after weigh in. This week I had a bit more than I normally do but that was only because I'd spent the whole week wanting to stuff my face and I managed to resist. They do say a blow out can kick start things. Just an idea though xx

Hey lovely, you're doing great, well done for ignoring your consultant, I probs woulda dived head first into a bag of chips haha, and then felt sick! I'm having 5 syn days around sat nights boozing...hope I get a good loss this week...your sneaky weigh in sounds promising!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emily - that's why I measure it too, I'd have no idea about how much I should have otherwise. I do have a bit more than "serving size" because I'm a bit bigger than normal people. Lol. ;) but it has gone down as I've gone down. A great tip I got off of here was to serve it on a plate. I did it today and it looked like much more, I'd put on a third of a plate of salad first. That'd be wonderful to be the same weight as when you met! what are you doing for your anniversary?

Ooh Brittany, I'm a lot more generous with pasta. I'd cry with just 60g! I've never done WW or anything before though. I only weigh potatoes when doing jacket potatoes, but that's because they go in the microwave first. 200g each tonight, 100g for bubs. I have problems with going, only thing that sets me off is sugar overdose. oranges don't, it's not a lack of fiber or fluids, beetroot doesn't either, even "fart soup" (12 speed soup) doesn't make me go :(

Hey toots, how did you get on this week? how are you feeling? It'd be ok if it weren't so close to xmas/birthday/new years, but there'd be no need to have something high fat this soon. Just sticking to plan and it'll come off.

Ooh Laura, where you going on Saturday? When I leave group it is 11am-11:30am so not really chip time. hehe. It's just too close to xmas etc to need that high fat switch round.

Ok, so did proper evening serial weigh and it reads 15st 7.2lbs. Even if it was to stay at that (and not go down 2.5lbs the next morning) and not lose more this week it is 3.5lbs down. Stupid bloody scales. Now I'm just hoping no one wobbled them. No more serial weighing until after the weekend!

I had the LM RO&R sausages, jacket potato, cottage cheese, onion, mushroom, tomato for tea. followed by a TDML so got a heb left and used no syns yet so I will pick something out soon. Still on plan for this month. Hoping I can kick my arse to drop as much as possible this week. Went on a 30 minute walk again today, pushing lumpy in his pram. He demands a walk and then at the next house he climbs into the pushchair. git. haha. Working on my gold body magic. on my 2nd week (to confuse matters it is monday-monday)

Mum saw a job vacancy at lidl for deputy manager at £21k. Going to do some sums and look it up. Won't hurt to apply.

Proud to say i am still on 100% January! Despite my consultant. Lol. Not been on the scales today and I shall not go on them either. Back to extra easy for the rest of this week as all the shopping is in.

Breakfast today? A BLT! Woo. I had it with a side of frylight fried onions and mushrooms, at which point mum came in and asked me to make it for her too. I thought she'd already eaten because she was in the lounge but I think she just waits for me to come down and do her breakfast too now. Haha, it's ok, she's cooking tea I think, she usually butts me out of the way when it is fish pie.

So far today it has been: big glass of water, blt (bacon with fat cut off, lettuce, tomato, 0.5 syn of extra light mayo, 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf), onion, mushroom, cup of tea (0.5 syn for milk)

So far so good. Going to be cous cous salad with feta for lunch. Need to double check the hea value, I think it dropped from 50g to 45g. I might be oh so naughty and chuck some cooked chicken in there too. devilish! And have some beetroot. Love it.

Hello Fran my lovely - sounds like you have a good day planned. Ive take the day off as OH and son are off too and it meant only me to get up for work sod that for a game of soldiers lol.

Been to have my nails done, got all my fresh fruit n veg in, Im set for the weekend now :D

Haha, what do you work as? Oh getting your nails done sounds lovely. I get too bored and can't sit still. BUT I'm thinking in a while, maybe when my BMI is under 35, I will go and get a facial, my skin used to be brilliant but it's all cruddy at the moment and I think that'd be a really nice treat. There's a place in town that's meant to be wonderful, so 1st I need to get my BMI down, and then I need to convince my parents they really do want to watch Nate for a little while. haha.

I'm using the 7 day plan off of the website otherwise I'd not have cous cous salad. It's be written down, parents would ask what is for lunch, i'd tell them, they'd pull a face and ask for something else. Mum knows how pissed off I was on Wednesday so she just pulled a face and said she'll make some curried parsnip soup for her and dad (I can't eat blended soups) and is happy to let me have what I planned. As I guessed she's doing the fish pie so I get the evening off cooking, and just the washing up to do. woop.

Can't wait for Wednesday to kick them fecking scales!

What are your plans for the weekend? It's peeing it down here so I'm glad I went for my walk yesterday in the blue skies and sunshine.

Im a civil servant hun 99% computer work I love the job just cant stand some of the people lol. I get my nails done every month its my treat as I dont go out as often now, ive had the acrylic ones on for years now. I have to say though they do ruin your own nails underneath its all the glue they use. Its good to treat yourself now and again.

You will have a fab Wed hun I can feel it. Im getting my hair done tomorrow as i currently look like a badger lol my roots have grown in. Apart from that nothing on the cards and just as well as the weather is meant to be really bad. Its snowing quite heavy now me and OH have just had to go out and help the neighbour push his car out as he was stuck. I hate the snow for that reason but love watching it. What you got planned?

Yeah, it took years for mum's to improve after having acrylics. I get annoyed when mine are too long and they grow really quick so it'd be pointless for me, which is why I thought a facial would be a good treat. It is nice to treat yourself. I know a lot of people almost punish themselves and don't treat themselves when they're losing weight.

I hope Wednesday is good and it isn't just my scales going nuts.

That's so nice of you to push the car (hello body magic, lol) we just have wind and rain still. Had to laugh at you being a badger. A regular pamper weekend then :p

We have zero weekend plans, probably some tap practice as I have class on Monday and I don't think we will be getting out for walks given the cruddy weather.

Hey lovely, you are doing amazingly well at the min, I'm so chuffed for you and can sense a really good WI this week!! Will wish you double good luck too, as it normally does the trick ;-)

Was it today you could bid on your house?? I've been meaning to ask, and am getting excited for you!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol not much body magic Fran it was only a couple of inches until he got out of a rut. My hair is naturally dark so I get highlights in to hide the grey a little, but ive let it go a little longer hoping to last out until payday, but I cant its too bad, it looks like someone has drawn down my parting with a silver marker pen lol.

Lol texty! I have grays too, thankfully not enough to make me a badger though. My not quite body magic was more fun than yours, Nate rode on his wheeled lion and I chased him on the dragon hopper. Then tickled him when I caught him.

Laura, bids closed on Monday. I'm 17th in the queue for the 4 houses - they're still being built and will be finished at the same time so just listed the 4 houses as one bid. Just got to hope people are put off by waiting until April and drop out, have arreers, don't have a local connection or get somewhere else so I can move up the list and get one. It'd be so perfect but I am queen of the bad luck. Have you started packing yet for your much more exciting move?

I dunno if I will lose this week, but I'm keeping on plan for this month 100% regardless! If I can get through Wednesday then I can plod through the rest of the week. Just 2 days that's the weekend then 2 days during which I have an hour of tap on the one day and hopefully toddlers (inc the walk there and back) on the other should little man wake up in time. Then it is weigh in the next morning. If I don't lose 2lbs expect a hissy fit of proportions you have never seen before!

Fran - think positive hun its not a case of I dont know if i will lose this week - its a case of well when I lose this week !!! Your being 110% you have to have a loss this week and make my size 8 boot redundant :D

Lol Rochelle, she is a bit strange. Hehe.

I dunno texty, I've been extra careful not to eat if full. only snack on superfree, count syns. I'm going to do a syn free weekend I think. Just a bit fed up ATM. Not giving up though. Even if I maintain I am maintaining at a lower weight than I was, so it is a success, but I need to get to a healthy BMI for Nate. Exercise has been stepped up in regularity not intensity so I am doing more but without the annoying water retention gain.

Back