Induction How to up fat intake

1bigfatloser

Hi everyone.first timer on Atkins,today is my second day and I'm loving it so far...my only question is I have seen a lot of posts about how 65% of cals should come from fat,30% from protein and 5% from carbs but my cals are definitely coming from more protein than fat and even though I am aiming to have olive oil,mayo,things like salmon and cheese I still cannot get my fat calories above my protein calories.im sure I saw somewhere a link of some kind of 'fat fast' for when people are stalling so was hoping to get some fatty ideas from there but can't find it agen.

Help!!

My tip would be putting butter on hot veggies, or cooking in it. A little extra butter in omelettes etc.

Fat fast suggests macadamia nuts and cream cheese - but you eat only that on the diet.

Ahh okay that's no good then as I'm allergic to nuts,I'll try adding more butter although I'm using a fair bit already

There's also avocado, cooking in oil or adding a little olive oil to salad etc, hard cheese...

Tbh though I rarely make the fat quota. I try though.

Most low carb sausages are loaded with tasty fat. Have a sausage! Dunked in mayo!! I find the tablespoon of cream in my coffee twice a dat helps pushe my fat calories way up.

Back