Hypno-band therapy

mel74123

Hi there was just wondering if anyone has tried this. im due to have my surgery (where im hypnotised to belive i have a band fitted) it will be my 3rd session the first to are to deal with why you over eat.
i have already had some very promising effects have been sick a few times after eating to much (weird). i am desperate for this to work as have tried everything, i have always been successfull at loosing just cant keep it of last year i lost just over 4 stone (sureslim)but have since put 2 and a half back on because im a pig lol
would really love to hear anyones experiances of the hpno-band system
wish me luck

I've heard of this but not tried it i'm afraid.
It sounds promising though, if you're noticing you feel different.
I know it sounds obvious but what is supposed to happen after your "surgery"? Are you supposed to believe you have a smaller stomach capacity?
I'd be really interested to know how you got on?

I have tried just the home mp3's. If I had done it more often it would have been great, as one time did make it hard for me to eat much for days. There are some great success stories online :) Let us know how it goes after your 'surgery' and good luck :) xxx

Today was the day

Today was the day i had my hypno therapy session to have the gastric band fitted, it was strange but really good and relaxing, we started of the session as normal then once hypnotised smells of the hospital and sounds of the opperating room were playing. i was talked through the process slowly and actually felt as if i was there. since coming home all i can describe what i feel is as if i have eaten a big meal and it is sitting on my chest like i cant digest it, baring in mind i had 2 starve for 12 hours before just as in real surgery and all i have had since is a rich tea biscuit. i dont feel hungry and have no desire to eat i really hope that feeling lasts. i have been given a cd which i must listen to every day for a week just to back up what has happened then i go back in 4 weeks to have the hypno band adjusted if need be.
I will keep you posted on my progress. i know it might sound as if im mad but im really not just willing to try anything that helps.

You are not mad. I have heard great things about this process. I was going to have it myself. Good Luck. I hope it does continue for you and can't wait to hear how your progress goes x

Hi Mel how are you getting on. I have enquired about this so am very interested to see how you do. Im currently following ww but am seeing how it goes and if i hit a wall (so far so good) i was going to try the hypno-band therapy as well. x

i have read about being hypnotised to think you have had a gastric band fitted and would be very interested in being hypnotised. Please let us know how you get on.
Is it expensive? I would imagine not as expensive as having the actual surgery. While i would love to be skinny, I work in a hospital and would not want to have unnecessary surgery, so am trying to do it the old fashioned way!

Hi I have my first session in Bedford tomorrow, I think this is followed by 4 further sessions, total price is £295, I will let you know how it goes.

Tracey

Good luck tracey, deffinatly let us no how it goes, theres a place just down the road that does it and i'm sooooo tempted but worried it'll be a waste of money.

i lost £ not lbs

hi all just thought id update can you belive it had all the hyno band done and by the time i went back 2 weeks later i had put on 6lbs lol oh well another diet bit the dust it may work for some people but didnt for me and i did everything i was told hey ho , am back on xante now to try and shift some weight for my wedding x

Ohh Mel, im really sorry to hear that it didnt work for you but at least you gave it a go. Ive heard about this hypnotherapy before and some people have great success with it, im really sad for you that it didnt work for you.

I was in an audience of a hypnotist many years ago and put my hand up to tell them i wanted to lose weight. After that one session i went on to lose 5 stone over the next 6 or 7 months, I was never really sure if i was actually hypnotised into it or if I just managed to get my head round it finally. Of course the weight eventually all went back on again, and i now have a different if somewhat drastic solution to losing weight. Ive lost 3 stone in the last couple of months, and hopefully I will lose more and keep it all off this time.

If you are determined to lose the weight, you will find it in yourself to do it, whether its by hypnotherapy or good old fashioned will power. Good luck with the future!

Hi, just to let you know how it is going, I have had two sessions so far dealing with why I overeat, next Friday I 'meet' my doctor and anaesathist through hypnosis, must say since starting the relaxed eating programme prescribed I even lost 5lbs last week while on holiday (unheard of), through hypnosis this week she mentioned my stomach shrinking to the size of a golf ball and I did actually feel a pulling on my stomach! how weird is that? I must say at the moment I am in control of my eating and the binges are few and far between, can't wait to see the loss after 'surgery'. Will keep you posted.

Tracey

hi,just found this forum and thought I would add my info, I had my hypno band op last week, It was a little strange but felt fine, In 5 days I have lost 5lbs, I can`t eat a full meal and I now stop as soon as I feel full or else I feel sick , I have to go back in 3 weeks to see if any adjustments need to be done,Im feeling positive so far, I think with me the first few sessions were the best help, dealing with why I was overeating in the first place and changing my way of thinking regarding food, I have around 7 stone to lose so I will keep popping in to let you know how its going

Hi,hows everyone getting on with the hypnoband, Im still going strong but finding im eating a little more due to the cold weather but the weight is still coming off

Hi, I went for the offer on Groupon and got four sessions for £99. Couldn't get in before Christmas so my first session is the first week of Jan. I'm feeling really positive about it as I am a sucker for the power of suggestion! I will come back and update on my experience/progress. Good luck to anyone else doing it

Back