Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

Sam this really is fascinating stuff - thanks so much for sharing it, I'm definitely seeing this as a way to go.

well then - on to day 3

I did feel hungry last night but wasnt tempted to eat anything which is a first. hypnotherapy isnt meant to stop me feeling hungry and I know now that I can look on hunger as a positive thing.

Made myself granola for breakfast again this morning with ss milk. couldnt manage to finish it again.

Lunchtime today will be a test as I am going to work at 11am and wont get home till about 2.30ish. will see how I cope and hope I am not so ravenous when I get home that I eat the entire fridge. Hope I still make the right food choices.

Making a shepherds pie for tea tonight which is another of my faves so again, we'll see how I cope with the portion control.

Thank you so much for this thread as it was something I had been thinking about. I'm enjoying reading how you are getting on and have now booked my own appointment for Monday. I'm so excited now, can't wait. Thanks again.

WL8S - thank you so much for sharing, I am reading with interest. Hope it works out for you.Vx

I was really proud of myself at lunchtime. I had a job at 12 noon, and when I got to the customers house there was no one in grrrrr. I wasnt very happy but turned around anyway for the 20 mile drive home.

I had started to feel hungry on the way to the customers house so on the way back, I had to stop for lunch and had the choice between Mcdonalds or Sainsburys for a sandwich. I chose sainsburys without too much persuading myself - usually the mcdonalds would win hands down as I prefer the food and dont have to get out of the car (im lazy as well as greedy lol)

Anyway, went into sainsburys to find a sandwich and discovered they had a salad bar, so instead of a sandwich and the usual crisps etc to go with it, I made up the smallest salad pot and had a small fruit salad to go with it.

Normally I would eat my lunch in the car as im far too greedy to wait the 30 minutes it would take me to get home, but not this time. I told myself I would enjoy it far more if I was sat at home eating it. When I did finally eat it I couldnt finish either the salad or the fruit salad!

Tea is cooking now, but to be honest Im not hungry yet. I cook this early so the kids can eat early but think I will plate mine up and then reheat it later when Im hungry.

Still feeling very positive about everything. had a sneeky peek at the scales this morning and looking good so far! Will wait for a whole week though before revealing the actual weight loss.

Hi Sam

You sound like a new woman:character00238:

I can't wait to see your weigh in results for this week! I'm so glad you're feeling so positive.

My appointment has been changed to this Friday, I can't wait now!

Tracey
x

Well done Sam, you are an inspiration :)

time for another update

Had shepherds pie, brocolli, cabbage and gravy for tea. served a much smaller portion than usual and again couldnt finish it. left about 1/4 of my shepherds pie and a couple of spoonfuls of veg. had my first real treat though afterwards. I forgot to say yesterday that when I bought my lunch at sainsburys, I bought a guylian praline bar with the intention of having that after my lunch but was too full. Anyway, decided to eat that after my dinner last night. It was only a small bar - aabout 40p with 4 chunks of chocolate. Guess what - couldnt finish that either!! Now considering I could normally eat a 200g bar of fruit and nut without coming up for air, that is a major achievement for me.

Its just bizarre how I dont seem to be able to finish anything that I eat!

For brekkie this morning I have just made myself 2 slices of wholemeal toast with marmalade - no butter. Normally I have 4 slices of toast with butter. And yep - youve guessed it - cant finish that either. To be honest Ive only left a small bite, and it was yum but something seems to be forcing me to leave some on the plate.

No work for me today so Im going to go for a swim later this morning.

Morning Sam

Leaving food, crikey seems an impossible thing for me to do at present.

Have a great day off and enjoy your swim:):):)

Tracey
x

reading this thread has really made my mind up. I am sooo going to do this when I have come off CD. Thanks so much for being a guinea pig WL8S!!:clap:

reading this thread has really made my mind up. I am sooo going to do this when I have come off CD. Thanks so much for being a guinea pig WL8S!!:clap:

Lol, I think Ive started something. I should have asked my therapist for commission with the number of clients Ive sent her way since MOnday

I am really reading this with interest as I am having a really hard time getting back to CD. Have gained an appaling amount of weight and gone straight back to binge eating. Might try and be brave and go an see someone about starting a course of sessions. Really glad you are having such a positive time wl8s. Kerrie x

Can't wait to see your weeks loss, was my week yesterday and have lost 12lbs from hypnosis.

It has changed my life so much I am going to do a course as I want to help others do it.

Keep us updated sam

Stacie xx

I am so into this thread, I have problems with bingeing in the evenings so I went onto the internet on Tuesday to find a local hypnotherapist. This post has made the decision easier and now I am more than keen to get to see her. I have tried Paul Mckenna's cd but I kept giggleing at his voice, anyone that has listened to his CD will understand what I mean!
Thank you for keeping us up to date with your progress, I look forward to more of the same

Big hugs

Back