Hysterectomy/C-Section Tummies

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 15 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hello everyone!

I know we have talked about loose skin and how it can or can't shrink back, etc., but something I was wondering about is this...:eek:

In 1993 I had to have a hysterectomy. The shape of my tummy was never the same again after my abdominal muscles were cut along the bkini line.

I just wonder if anyone else experienced that, and now that they have lost weight I am just wondering what you were left with?

In my mind, I would imagine a tummy tuck would be necessary, because I imagine this pooch hanging there. :( But maybe I am wrong....I have been surprised by so much here!! I am just wondering if your tummies went back to their natural shape?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi BL

I had two emergency C sections, so you can imagine they didn't exactly try to do a neat job. However, my tum is not TOO bad after the weight loss, only a very very minute "overhang" over the bikini line, the rest of my tum is a bit crepe papery though, but also not TOO bad considering I am 52 next week. It so much better than having it stretched to capacity like before!

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oh good, that's reassuirng Cheryl!!! Thanks for that! It just is something I have worried abot for a long time now!!

5. back on track

back on track Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    I have had 2 emergency csections and 1 elected one, the first was 22 years ago and the last 14 years ago. I never lost my baby weight and just gained more in between. Since loosing weight with LL I do still have a bit of overhang and there is some wrinkling and sagginess in the skin as well. I do still have about 20lbs to lose so hope that this will improve. If anyone has any suggestions to help with this it would be appreciated.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Bio oil is a good option whilst you are losing weight (I didnt use it tho!)

7. tootsie

tootsie Silver Member

Diet:
    LL
    I have had surgery twice, 1 c-section and 1 emercency due to an ectopic........When I lost all my weight last year I still held on to the overhang and it really bothered me!! However, I began to use my slendertone belt again and after a month or so it disappeared completely and I am now left with just the scar...this may be worth a try as it worked for me xx

8. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Wow toots, I never really thought those things worked.
    I had my DD by caesarian 4 years ago and was left with an overhang, it is getting smaller but don't think it will go completely.
    Thanks for the tip, I might be needing one of those shortly.

9. tootsie

tootsie Silver Member

Diet:
    LL
    They really do work Ali, I swear by mine xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.