I am in shock

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by c2b, 6 February 2011 Social URL.

1. c2b

c2b Regular Member

In the last 4 weeks I have walked.........

136.5 MILES!!!!!!!:eek:

I used to walk a lot then I got a car. However end of last year I broke my hand and couldn't drive with a cast on. So I started walking everywhere again. When the cast came off I vowed to continue to walk and I have. I wear a pedometer to keep track of distances etc.
    I know when I filled my car up with petrol I put approx £50 less fuel in for the month than I usually do but even so ....it's amazing how the miles clock up...

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chala1972

Chala1972 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.06%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating, portion control and exercise!! exercise and exercise!!!!
    WOW! Thats great! I have just got into walking for weightloss and fitness and its great!

4. desireeanne

desireeanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.4lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    skinny fibre ,
    wow thats a lot of walking
    im at the gym once a day love it and have started doubling my workout
    cant believe i never excercised before

5. urbancookie

urbancookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.41%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done, do you walk to anywere in perticular (sp?) like to work and back or are you just going out for a walk to keep-fit? how long are you walking for at 1 time?

I read today somewhere that people with dogs tend to walk 23739 miles during their pets lifetime, think i need to get myself another dog,

6. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Wow thats an amazing mileage you've clocked up Laura - very well done! I bet thats really aided your weight loss too - excellent.
    Do you keep horses too? I'm sure I read that you go down to the farm. I love horses and all the work involved always kept me slim in the past :)

7. c2b

c2b Regular Member

I walk to the farm and back almost everyday to see to my horse. It's 2.5 miles each way. I regularly have an internal conversation with myself with this voice that keeps urging me to use the car. I have saved a fortune in fuel. I am now walking quicker and finding it much easier. The weight is going down very slowly with nothing having changed other than walking and using the wii.

You are right Miss Mango humping 40lb bales of hay and lugging water across a yard is akin to weights in a gym. Add the days when the little darling decides to aid my keep fit by clearing off everytime I try and catch her and you have a perfect work out. :D

8. c2b

c2b Regular Member

Oh and I have joined the fit to fat challenge The fat to fit photo challenge where you are challenged to take a photo while you are out and share it. There is a challenge of what to take a photo of and I find myself taking detours to find something to fit the challenge. I find it a great motivator and you get to see other peoples photos from other parts of the world.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.