I am so NOT leaving restarting till 8 January 2007 - 28 December it is!!!

Hi all!

How are we all today? Good I hope. Well I managed Day 1 with not too much difficulty and so far so good today. I have so far had 2 1/2 litres of water and my first shake - hot choc mint - I love it - was going to try a Toff&Walnut hot but not sure i'll like it - maybe another day!

Well this morning I did weigh myself and I'm 3lbs down - so dead on 15 stone today - hopefully be at my first target of 14.6lbs in a couple of weeks. I am feeling really strong and almost like I felt when I started LL this time last year. Although that said I have got 3 obsticales coming up at the weekend - Friday night is a meal out with my girlfriends - I haven't decided what to do yet - Saturday is lunch with my mum, sis, nan and godmother (who hasn't seen me since my 40th - 19 stone:eek: ) so she'll have a surprise - though she has seen photos of me diminishing...lol! Again not decided yet what to do and Sunday is dinner at my parents for the whole family - will more than likely not eat. I will see how good I am this week before I make a decision...though if I do eat I know it'll be on my head and I know what healthy choices to make too...:)

Tomorrow night will be a good test - I've got my cookery class.....yeah I know not the best type of course for someone who is on a VLCD!! The reason I'm doing this is because my sis wanted to do a course and I said I'd go along to keep her company and for her to choose what to do so she chose 'cookery around the world'! Wouldn't have been my first choice but it has been surprisingly good fun and has made me realise that cooking fresh from scratch doesn't take forever:eek: We made pizza last week - base and sauce and everything and it only took and hour and the kids lurved it for dinner the next day! Tomorrow we are cooking herby chicken (chicken stuffed with cream cheese, herbs and wrapped in bacon) and waldorf salad - guess what OH has got for dinner.....lol:)

Someone emailed me yesterday and said this - I think it is very appropriate for alot of us who are struggling/restarting:

I'm thinking that it helps to get in to the moment - not to dwell on where you have come from on your weight loss journey or where you are going but to concentrate on the present moment. If we let our thoughts slip off into thinking about the past it can bring us down - for example thinking about having slipping up on the diet or thinking about how much we should have lost by now can make us feel dispirited and a failure. The past has gone and our past does not have to control our present or future.

Anyway, I've jobs to do (ironing - which I have to say I quite like...sad but true!!) and then pick the kids up from school - baby girl has gymnastics tonight so it's a bit of a rush - she loves it but is quite a 'sturdy' girl so not the most agile - bless! She has just started school and is in Reception - she is loving it and is just brimming with confidence. She came home last night and informed us that because it is Ramadam her teacher is fasting - and mummy, this means that she doesn't eat any food in the day but eats it in the dark with the curtains closed.....lol! I told her teacher this morning that we knew what she was doing and she was really pleased because she said Lucy was the only child to re-count what she had told them - obviously it's not the easiest thing to get your head round when your 4 years old!

Middle boy has had an invitation to his mate's party next week during half term - he has to be at this boys house for noon because the limousene is picking them up to take them for a ride round and then to the cinema and then pizza hut....god we only had jelly and ice cream and pass the parcel in my day.....hope Charlie don't expect me to shell out that kind of cash for his birthday....:rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a good day - stay strong and together we will fight this flab....:D :D :D

Love to all

Hi Hun,

Good to heear you sounding so positive and upbeat today:D

Guess who has worked out how to change the colour of their messages? Lil ole me....woo hoo..... I'll be adding pics next - in fact I'm gonna give it a go now...lol!!

Hopefully there should be a picture of my beautiful kids and me below this message?.......

Last edited:
hey mich

just read your thread from the start and a huge big well done to you. i have a feeling this will be your time girl!!

your pic is so lovely of you and the kids!!

hope today keeps going well for ya hun

Gen xx

Hey Hey Hey, Mich - I know what you mean about all the chicks being at school now - I dunno what to do with myself half the time (JOKE! - the school day is FAR too short lol). I don't have a problem not eating when I'm by myself - it's when the kids and Eric are with me that I want to join in - NO FAIR!! Lol

Thanks for your support, hun - I tell you what - I promise that I won't eat over the weekend if you don't! How about that? We're both doing so well on day 2, it would be a real shame to screw it all up once we're finally in ketosis and have to start again on Monday!

I feel so physically rubbish today that I just can't wait to be burning off this horrible fat - wish I could go for a nap but it's school run time then the dentist with the girls - aargh!!!

hey mich

just read your thread from the start and a huge big well done to you. i have a feeling this will be your time girl!!

your pic is so lovely of you and the kids!!

hope today keeps going well for ya hun

Gen xx

Hi Gen!

Thanks for your encouragement - I am feeling pretty strong willed (at the mo...!!) - just had my second pack - veggie soup made into crisps - kind of forget how good they are...guess it's all about back to basics and making the effort - stopped doing that for a while:eek:

I'm well impressed with myself that I've managed to add a photo all by myself...lol! Real techno phobe so hubby is normally hovering to help out!

You look like your doing pretty good yourself....well done.

Love

That's a lush pic of you and your babies btw!!

Thanks Isobel - I did feel really good on holiday this year - except still conscious of my jelly belly but hey that ain't never gonna go after the abuse I've given it and for 2 weeks a year it ain't worth fretting over as covered up it's not too bad:eek:

Not making no promises about the weekend - sorry - see how strong i'm feeling nearer the time.... Saturday and Sunday should be OK just Friday night - although have had a look at the pubs menu on line and there are a couple of 'sensible' options.

Love

Oh you just enjoy yourself, babe!! I was only trying to get some more motivation for me!! heheehheeh!

I'm still going strong but a bit grumpy cos I want something NOW! lol

Ah well - got to go to work now, which will take my mind off it for a bit! lol

Have a good evening, hun!

Oh you just enjoy yourself, babe!! I was only trying to get some more motivation for me!! heheehheeh!

I'm still going strong but a bit grumpy cos I want something NOW! lol

Ah well - got to go to work now, which will take my mind off it for a bit! lol

Have a good evening, hun!

Now if I should happen to go off plan for a day then don't you come out in sympathy DO YOU HEAR ME?:eek: :eek: - else I'll be doing some butt kicking in January......!!

I know what you mean about wanting something NOW!! Just had veggie crisps (CD pack I hasten to add not Tesco Finest Vegetable crisps...mmmmm droooling now....lol) - I've one pack left and will have to have that later but could quite easily eat it now:(

Hope you have a good evening too hun!

Love

hi ya mich. its great to hear that ur will power is good at the moment. u really should change ur title of ur diary to totally in control btw. ;)

i totally agree with the others. thats a brill photo.

hi ya mich. its great to hear that ur will power is good at the moment. u really should change ur title of ur diary to totally in control btw. ;)

i totally agree with the others. thats a brill photo.

Hi Claire!

As requested you will note I've renamed my thread:D I do feel in control but the urge to eat is still there - I'm thinking about food all the time....!!:eek:

Hope your day is going well.

Love

It's great to see the thread name changed hun:):):) You're going great guns:D.. Wish I could SS along with you but my BMI's back to 25 now after the holiday horror gain and I'm just not allowed:(
I find it so hard to stick at the with food plans.. but I just have to learn.. and I bloomin well will!!!!!:eek::D

Keep goin'.. I can't wait to see less of you in Birmingham:):)

Love xxxxx:)

Hi Claire!

As requested you will note I've renamed my thread:D I do feel in control but the urge to eat is still there - I'm thinking about food all the time....!!:eek:

Hope your day is going well.

Love

im thinkin about food all the time too. try a bit of psychology, when i think about food i think about how unhappy it made me and the results it gave. then compare it to cd and the results it gives. congratulate urself for regaining control of ur life! food does not control u anymore!

Well girls it's the end of Day 2 and I can say hand on heart that I have been 100% again today:)

I have had today:

4l x water
1 x hot choc mint shake
1 x veggie soup (into crisps)
1 x vanilla (hot with spoon coffee - never had a CD vanilla like that before only LL and that made me gag:mad: - this was lush - will definately be getting some more vanilla (a friend had given me that one ages ago!)

Still feeling focused and positive. Really can't wait to be getting back into them jeans I was wearing in the summer - they are my favourites:)

Claire - I'll give your psychology a go! Not sure at the moment it'll work - everywhere I look there is scrummy food - but I will not sucumb to it.....not yet....lol;)

Mandy - happy to hear that your BMI is 25 again - you will learn to eat the right amount - it just takes time - especially as like me you've had years of 'big portions' and too much cake.....mmmmm cake I lurve cake......lol:eek: :eek: (hope I haven't sent you craving hun....lol;) ;) )

Anyway, back to work tomorrow so won't be on line till later in the day - work days are pretty good actually diet wise (just work is sh**e) as there are no temptations around and I just have water and my soup! Only got 2 days at work then off for half term then 3 days and I leave this job - not before time....mind you need to get my finger out and get something else quick - it's ok me having applications - need to fill them in in order to get another job don't I...lol:eek: :eek:

Sleep tight all, stay strong and we will get there

Lots of love to all

Hi girls!

Well Day 3 is almost over and I've been fairly good:eek: Not managed 100% today I'm afraid....I had a bit of cheese and then a small taste of what I cooked at my cookery class which was actually at my sisters house tonight! The reason being we had a call to say the teacher was sick so the lesson was cancelled but as we had already bought the ingredients between us I went round there and we kinda made it up as we went along....lol! I brought the chicken dish home for OH and he's just eaten it with chips....heathen!! I made a Waldorf Salad too so had a couple of small mouthfuls of that as I've never had it before - have to say wasn't overly impressed. Apart from that I've been 100% - had a killer headache on and off all day mind so hopefully ketosis is not far away.

I have been good in trying different flavours in different ways and generally making a bit more of an effort as I think I'd got into a rut too with my packs only having choc mint/choc and veg and the odd bar - not overly keen on the bars - tend to make me crave more but then they also make me ermmmm v v windy too:eek:

So today I have had:

5l x water
1 x veggie soup
1 x banana shake (hot - first time and it was scrummy!!)
1 x malt toffee bar - I know it's day 2 but was starving and it was that or biscuits!

Mind you - can't get to the biscuits or the crisps OH has made a box with a lock and key and they are all in there and only he has the key....lol! I know he's trying to help but he forgets I have a purse and if I really, really wanted food I'd go and buy it:D :eek:

Anyway, just a shortish post as haven't seen much of OH so going to have a quick natter and then off to beddie byes. No work for me Thursdays so I'm off to get my nails done and buy eldest boy's b'day pressies - he's 11 next Friday - can't believe it - still doesn't seem like 5 mins since he was a dot....he's almost as tall as me and takes a size 7 shoe already:eek: One of his pressies is a 'understanding the facts of life book' - bless think it's time he knew a bit about everything - it looks a good book - tells them all about personal hygiene, drinking, drugs, s*x, how their bodies change etc....hopefully there won't be too many questions - but then knowing him there probably will be....too inquisitive and clever for his own good that boy - not sure where he get's it from....not me that's for sure!

Hope you've all had good day - tomorrow will be easier again, honest;)

Take care and sleep tight all.
Lots of love

How has your day been? Mine has been good
Irene xx

Must have been posting when you posted Irene! Glad to hear you've had a good day - mine as you'll see above wasn't quite 100% but not far off:eek:

The scales did say a further 2lbs down this morning tho making 5lbs in 2 days - 12lbs to go to my 14 stone target for B'Ham so positive I'll do that as it's a good 5 weeks till we meet. I'm coming to Newcastle in January too so I'll see you there aswell:D

Just off to spend a bit of time with OH before he feels too neglected...;)

Glad you've had a good day and tomorrow will be even better again wont' it?!!

Sleep well
Love

Just found these two pics - thought I'd remind myself how far I have come.....

First one is of me and OH on my 40th birthday - I weighed in at a rather hefty 19stone+

Second one is of me and OH on holiday this year - I weighed around 13.7stone

Just over a stone heavier than that at the mo but a work in progress so not long before I'm back down in them 13's

Love

Last edited:
Back