I am so NOT leaving restarting till 8 January 2007 - 28 December it is!!!

Happy Sunday!

Hiya Mich:)

Hope you're having an ace Sunday!!:D

Flamin' pc's eh! Love technology (when it works!):rolleyes: ;)

I can't find the pics of you and the kids? Help!:confused:

I shoved a couple of my "baby" on her 18th on my gallery this aft. She had a fantastic birthday.:) :eek:

Anyway - hope the diet is going exactly as you want it to! Will check in again soon - how come life gets so busy sometimes? Still, it stops me wanting to munch! lol;) :eek:

Hi Mich

Hope your PC gets fixed soon. Your doing awsome. The 6lb loss this week was great!

Mich
You are doing very well. Back to ss tomorrow not sure what weight I'll be as went out for a meal yesterday for my 20th wedding anniversary and have eaten since.
Irene xx

Hi All!

Well the 'puter is fixed - unlike myself :( :( :( :eek: :rolleyes:

.....and it was all going so well:mad: On Sunday I was as good as gold until I went to my mum and dad's and then unfortunately the diet just went completely out the window:eek: I had gone with the intention of having protien and veg and ended up having the 'full works' followed by cheese and biscuits and chocolate fountain:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: then when I got home I continued to 'trawl' the cupboards looking for more food (bit like a kerb crawler looking for a 'lady of the night'....lol:eek: ) - I wasn't the least bit hungry but in my mind I was 'starting again tomorrow ie. Monday' :eek: :eek:

Anyway, woke yesterday full of good intentions and resolve and this lasted till about 6pm - I had had by this point 3 1/2 litres of water and a hot choc pack. Then OH went out for an hour and in that hour I just stuffed pack after pack of crisps (I won't say how many - I'm ashamed) and then ate so many biscuits I lost count - obviously then I felt extremely sick:eek: :mad: - and why did I do it?:confused: :confused: I really don't know - this is my problem it's almost like a red mist comes down and I just eat myself silly - not tasting or to that matter enjoying what I'm eating:eek: - this is what I was like this time last year before I started LL (moved to CD in Feb) - I never really got into the counselling or 'got it' to that matter so not sure of my triggers at all - yesterday I didn't feel sad, happy, anxious, stressed etc - I ate it because, well because I could! I'm almost like a spoilt child - it's there and I want it now and I am going to have it now - if my kids ate crisps or biscuits like I did I'd freak and tell them they are greedy:eek: :eek: so why do I do it?

Anyway, went to bed feeling a little green round the gills and not daring to 'fess up to OH what I'd stuffed - even when I belched (in a very ladylike way I hasten to add....because I'm a Laydee and I only do laydee's belching....lol') and he quite charmingly said 'your breath stinks wot you been eating' - I just changed the subject:eek:

So this morning I managed till lunchtime - had a hot Toff and Walnut shake (not keen - prob first and last tiem will try that!) and 11/2 litres of water and then making the kids lunch ate a piece of cheese, swiftly followed by ham:eek: then went to Tesco to buy some Halloween stuff - and promptly bought and ate before I'd walked home 2 bars choc - did I taste it? Did I enjoy it - dunno it was in my mouth and gone before I could really say! I have since eaten some nuts and raisins and now my tummy is aching like a good un! I've just spoken to OH about it and he doesn't get cross but is v supportive and as he's been reading his Paul Mc 'instant confidence' book (he's v shy, v clever but lacks the confidence to push himself forward) - he thinks reading it would help me - along with listening to the Paul Mc dvd my friend lent me called (I think) 'Eat yourself Thin'. So later after the kids are in bed I'm going to give it a go.

I'm also being a bit defeatist at the moment and keep making excuses not to get back on track - ie friends round for dinner tomorrow, sons b'day friday, weekend away week after next - thing is I ss'd for 50 days solid and then only ate a tiny bit last Xmas so I know I can do it - why oh why can't I get my mojo back? I hate feeling so uncomfortable and I've a wardrobe with some lush gear in that I can't fit into:eek: I tried on my jeans last night that I'd been wearing and they were loose in August and now although I can zip them up there is the hugest 'muffin top' hanging over the top I couldn't possibly wear them:eek:

So - this post has rambled on but I'm 'fessing all to you who understand me most! The upshot is, I do want to do this and I know that I can - I just need to get into the swing of it. Being at home with the kids during half term doesn't help but in 2 weeks I will be leaving my job and at the moment I haven't a job to go to :eek: (yeah I know daft mare but that's a whole other story!!) so I need to learn to be in control around food, in the house, on my own because that's what I'll be doing - unless of course I have a job - which I guess might be possible if I ever get round to doing a CV and sending it off to potential employers! - Again, my confidence is plummeting so not really wanting a job (don't tell OH that tho;) ).

I am just cooking a roast dinner for the gang so I have decided that I am going to have chicken and veg tonight and then tomorrow I will be giving it my best shot - my friends comign tomorrow know I've been on CD and I'll just tell them I'm back on it for a while as I've put on (not that they won't notice as I am about a stone heavier than when I last saw them:eek: ) - Friday for son's bday will have to have an iron will and by the time I go to friends for the weekend 3 November I could have lost 7lbs!

This morning I weighed 15.1lb so I am 2lbs down since last Monday.

Sorry to ramble guys - just going to dish up the scran so will be back later to reply individually to all you lovely peeps who have posted.

Lots of love and thanks for listening - oh and wake up now it's all over.......LOL

Well done Mich on your 6lbs. this week.

Hope your computer is fixed soon.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the encouragement Mini - computer is good again - I felt like I'd had my arm chopped off not being online - the horror of it all:eek: Its OK now thanks.

Unfortunately I'm not!! After my 'blow out' Sunday the scales shot back up 4lbs so last weeks loss was 2lbs not 7lbs I was hoping for.

Am struggling to get back onto SS so tomorrow will be giving it another shot!

Love

Hi Mich

Hope your PC gets fixed soon. Your doing awsome. The 6lb loss this week was great!

Hi Claire!

Computer fixed - I'm not! As you will see from the lengthy post things have slipped a bit:eek:

Tommorrow I will be back on track - I am determined to loose this weight - I've done it before and I CAN do it again - watch this space!

Glad to see you are doing so well. Thanks for keep dropping by - much appreciated.

Love

You got that poorly PC fixed yet, mate?

Computer fixed - I'm not! Very much trying to SS but struggling.....giving it another shot tomorrow - must stop making excuses - I did so much whilst SSing last time - I can do it again - think some friends are a 'little bored' with me 'still not eating':rolleyes:

Just had a quick read of your post - your doing brill hun and glad Liv has got her 'anti's' she'll be fighting fit by her big day - is it Saturday? My eldest is 11 on Friday!

Chat soon and I will be looking gorgeous for VFBC - I promise you!

Lots of love

Mich
You are doing very well. Back to ss tomorrow not sure what weight I'll be as went out for a meal yesterday for my 20th wedding anniversary and have eaten since.
Irene xx

As you'll see from my lengthy post SSing has been a bit of a problem these past couple of days - determined to get back on track tomorrow.

'Belated Happy Anniversary' hope you had a lovely time - and that you are managing to get back on track - read about your new pj's - well done size 16/18 - it's a great feeling isn't it?

Catch up soon got middle son snapping at my heels for the computer - kids eh!!

Lots of love

Hiya Mich:)

Hope you're having an ace Sunday!!:D

Flamin' pc's eh! Love technology (when it works!):rolleyes: ;)

I can't find the pics of you and the kids? Help!:confused:

I shoved a couple of my "baby" on her 18th on my gallery this aft. She had a fantastic birthday.:) :eek:

Anyway - hope the diet is going exactly as you want it to! Will check in again soon - how come life gets so busy sometimes? Still, it stops me wanting to munch! lol;) :eek:

Hi Jennie!

Glad to hear your 'baby' had a good birthday - she looks gorgeous in her pics - sooooo pretty!

Pics of me and the kids and me and OH are on pages 3/4 - i think!

Been having a quick read on how your doing - fantastic hun - you are flying - just like I was in the early days - really must get my 'mojo' back else I'll be back up to 19 stone and I really don't want that - all that money I've spent for a start:eek: :eek:

Hope weigh in goes well tonight - I'll check back later - got a child hanging off me wanting the computer - fact we've got 3 computers in this house makes no difference for some reason 'mine' is the bestest:rolleyes:

Love

Hiya Mich.
Well done on 6lb loss ........ will soon be catching you up!!!
How are you and the computer???
Hope all is going well.

Hi Beverley

Thanks for posting - unfortunately the 6lbs loss ended up as a 2lb loss (see lenghty post!):eek: Struggling to get back to SSing - really want this so don't know why I'm self-sabotaging - I really am a child sometimes:eek:

Had a quick read of your thread - you are doing really well - well done, proud of ya - I'm giving it another shot tomorrow- seeing the friends not this weekend the one after should be incentive - I've put on well over a stone since seeing them - really would like to be back in my smaller jeans and looking better by then - week and a half - reckon half a stone could be gone don't you?

Anyway, son is getting really mad now as I keep saying 'yeah in a minute'.....lol!!:D

Love

Well done on the 6lbs:D :D Gone forever:) Makes you wonder where does all this weight go that we are all losing:eek:
Maybe these is a huge pile of it somewhere:eek:

Hi Tasha!

6lbs was 2lbs after Sundays blow out - but it's done now - struggled the last 2 days but not comptuer is fixed and I'm back on line I'm feeling determined - again!

Had a quick read of your thread - your doing brill - stopping at one piece of flapjack is major - I know I'd want more! My sis brought her chocolate fountain to mums on Sunday - mmmmm won't go into details as it's not fair but suffice to say it was lush...:eek:

Catch up later - child is going demented now.....LOL!!!

Love

Hi Mich,

I would work the steps and try and do Sassys' easy to to get back into SSing as it worked for me and with the kids off school just now it would be less pressure on yourself.

Very hard once you start to nibble to get it back and with all the extra food around for this time of year makes it even harder.

Well done on coming down the 2lbs. and keep in the jeans as they won't let you get any bigger!!!

Nice to see you back posting and read Paul he is very good.

Love Mini xxx

Easy way to Sole Source by Sassy!
Beginning Sole Source the EASIER way

SO, it’s the beginning of your sole source plan for the first time or fiftieth time!

You have tried to get back on track and fallen off the plan over and over again. As an idea try this approach... You don’t want to fall into the SS-Binge cycle this early on in the plan... Or you could be on the road to a bigger problem.

Whether you are new to Cambridge or you took a break whatever the reason...

This is fine, and sensible, you have nothing to feel guilty about... You are a normal human being; don’t feel guilty for eating food!! Well all do it, and we all have certain commitments, family occasions, holidays, bad days etc… the list is endless!

You would and will gain around 5-10lbs in water and glycogen when you leave SS suddenly, so you haven’t actually gained any real 'fat'.
Look at the bigger picture here, this is a step towards a new future, becoming obsessed with restarting and falling off, can be a game you really don’t want to get involved with!

Ok so its time to start or restart, it will be harder every time, each and every time we go back to SS it gets harder, and trust me the nearer you get to goal it can become impossible! My advise for first timers is this, go into Sole Source gradually, ask your CDC for advice, yes I understand we want to lose weight fast, but this is the tried and tested way, gradual step down in calorie intake, carbohydrate intake, can reduce all the painful effects of withdrawal and ensure a good start on the plan of your choice!

I was just posting on another thread that talks about why do we have to have Add A Meal, you might find that interesting, as it applies to what I’m about to say here..

Abstinence is painful to the mind.. It is severe, and we know it causes a strain on our lives, relationships, and 'normal living' due to the restriction of food.

However, the reason you are back here again, or here for the first time is because you need that fast weight loss... If you really are serious about losing the rest of your weight, start or go back into Cambridge on a higher plan to begin with...

DAY ONE.

Allow yourself all the foods on the 1500 plan for one day; add in One Cambridge Diet pack for the day... EAT, GUILT FREE, enjoy it!!

DAY TWO

Move down to 1200Kcals. Slowly we are reducing the carbohydrate intake, and even the carbs we are taking are of a Low to medium Glycemic Index value... So the tired, sluggy feeling that carbs give us are limited.

Also carbohydrates we were eating during our ‘before diet’ that contained refined sugars can alter our sugar levels and create the need for more food; this can be out of your control, the body can crave and demand more, leading to a break in abstinence!!

INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE HIBERNATION EFFECT THEORY:

Did you know anytime you eat refined carbohydrates (bread, potatoes, chips, pastries, beer, pasta, rice and sweets), it is converted into sugar by your body during digestion. In order to use the sugar, your body then releases insulin required by your cells to convert the sugar into energy.
But since our diet can be so heavily comprised of carbohydrates and sugar, your cells start to be insensitive to your own insulin due to this abundance, over time.

In other words, your cells start to resist your own insulin and therefore, your body has to produce more insulin to get the same job done. Left untreated over time, your over-production of insulin will reach chronic levels.

Now, the big problem is…this excess insulin is very bad for you! Excess insulin signals your body to store sugar as fat, and go into fat saving mode. It is as if your body thinks you're a hungry bear going into hibernation. Like the bear, your metabolism slows down and makes it impossible for you to lose weight no matter how hard you try. You're always tired and always hungry. So what do you do?

You eat even more making you even more insulin resistant. A vicious cycle isn't it?

Working down the Cambridge phases, these factors are now controlled by the GI Diet. Reducing all levels, and preparing your body for Sole Source.

DAY THREE

Another day over and complete... you will have already upped your water to above 2 1/2 litres a day... You will be eating ALL the food allowance in the 1200 plan, enjoying every meal adding your 2 packs of Cambridge diet a day.

DAY FOUR

You can begin to move onto the 1000 plan today. Still only 2 food packs, but the carbohydrate intake just reduced again dramatically... this stage can leave you feeling pretty hungry, but mind over matter, its still easier than trying to go back to SS if you are bingeing and falling off.

DAY FIVE

Sticking with the 1000 plan today, virtually a week has passed; mentally you are not abstaining in a painful way... Your body has reduced carb intake, fat intake, which will help reduce those headache side effects at the beginning of ketosis.
You will feel the difference physically as well as on the scales. You will have a good weight loss so far, but NO PEEKING just yet! You are entering the diet plan with the right attitude... Ideally this should be spread over a couple of weeks (ask your CDC about the preparation stage, there are 4 stages to the Cambridge Health Plan, preparation, Weigh Loss, Stabilisation, And Maintenance. I know dieters minds, I have been there, and anyone that has done this plan before will want to jump straight back in!! we all know they don’t want to do a 'normal' diet for 3 weeks when they begin, they want to eat everything in sight the night before as a disastrous last supper and want to Sole Source immediately as they want to lose weight NOW.. Lol Be patient, this weight didn’t appear overnight, and keeping it off wont be that simple either.

DAY SIX

Drop your diet plan to 790, enjoy your proteins, and carbohydrate allowances, make sure you eat ALL you are allowed to eat, lose any fizzy diet drinks you may or maybe have been allowing yourself on the 1000 plan.. Include an extra pack now so you are consuming 3 packs, your meat, fish or cottage cheese allowance (measurements supplied in your yellow weight care with Cambridge booklet available from your CDC), or a combination of them. 2 1/2 litres of Plain water Minimum or water flavouring supplied by your CDC (personally I recommend upping your water to 3 or 4 litres if you can manage it), black tea, black coffee... and nothing else!!

this next part is where I upset people..
Sorry, but I’m not trying to do that, I’m trying to give you an alternative and effective route back to SS for those that have been unsuccessful in getting back on track..
DON’T add ANYTHING extra to the plan that the book doesn’t recommend! That includes mints, fizzy drinks, marigold, blah blah...

You want an easy route back, not a quick route back to DAY ONE AGAIN..

Make this transaction as smooth as possible... e.g.: drive from Scotland to Birmingham... Don’t let’s drive past Devon on the way!

I lost ten stone last year and for the last 2 stone dragged myself kicking and screaming... believe me when I say, if there was a way to cheat this diet and still get a good result, I looked for it!!
I found out the hard way, there isn’t one!
People, who add bits n bobs into the plan, may not even realise it at the time, but in the long run if you compare it to when you were A1 perfect, it was so much harder once you added things! The diet is tried and tested, and designed by a team of scientists; let’s not assume we know better than they did. If we did, would we be here now?

DAY SEVEN

Add A Meal... You may even be in ketosis... Don't test for it, it doesn’t matter...

If you have done the plan to the T you will either be in, or on your way in the next 24/48 hours.

And low and behold?

DAY ONE OF WEEK TWO!!!! U DID IT!!!

Guess what? You’re sole sourcing, with a lot more ease than you were last week when you tried... (Just don’t forget to add a meal after 4 weeks!)

One last thing... a slow entry, leaves you with the knowledge that, if you need a break you can gently move up onto a plan that suits you for a period of time without any guilt, and consequently end your diet plan, happy, guilt free... And with a healthier perspective of food!

Well folks, there is a different approach to starting or restarting...

I tried all the other things.. Sometimes you can try and try and try and it will not matter you WILL NOT go back fast... However, some do.... and there will always be one that jumps back in feet first and gets it off again.
I have done it 3 times now... gone back onto the plan to Recover from a holiday gain... I have had to recover time off for surgery and giving up smoking and lastly honeymoon over indulgence...

All this was before I did the maintenance phase.. And my gains if I’m honest were due to not having done maintenance prior to these events consequently suffering guilt for eating... Inevitably resulting in eating more than I should have!

I told you earlier, I try everything... Well I always have done... And I always learn the hard way...

Don’t suffer my pain…
Do it the right way to begin with, and leave on a more positive note than some of us who have struggled through our weight loss have done...

For those that are beginning for the first time below see below the official steps to get off to a great start on your first time on Cambridge.

Getting Ready

Use the preparation phase to reduce food intake gradually, especially if you will use ‘Sole Source’ to lose weight. Reduce the levels of carbohydrate, fats and sugar before you start.
Begin 1 or 2 steps above your weight loss programme. For example, if Step 2 (790 kcal) was going to be used for weight loss, start on Step 4 (1200 kcal) for three days, then move down to Step3 (1000 kcal) for four days before starting the weight loss proper. Gradually increase the amount of water you drink - especially important for those who have a history of constipation.

:) Good Luck...!

Hi Hun.. the 2lb is progress, baby steps, remember?:), now for the rest!!!! we both know we will get to the end of this journey and I'm with you all the way..whatever it takes:eek::D
I've txted you and hopefully we can get to chat this week.....:D:)
The Paul McKenna book and CD is excellent, I really would give it a go, I think it works well with a VLCD.. the confidence book is great too...:)

Take good care...
Much love as always xxxxxx:):D:)

Hi Tasha!

6lbs was 2lbs after Sundays blow out - but it's done now - struggled the last 2 days but not comptuer is fixed and I'm back on line I'm feeling determined - again!

Had a quick read of your thread - your doing brill - stopping at one piece of flapjack is major - I know I'd want more! My sis brought her chocolate fountain to mums on Sunday - mmmmm won't go into details as it's not fair but suffice to say it was lush...:eek:

Catch up later - child is going demented now.....LOL!!!

Love

Sounds exactly like I am sometimes - BUT - you have still lost 2 lbs!!!:) Also that hovering 4lbs will be mostly glycogen/water and so will easily lost:) .

Like MandyB2 said - baby steps!!

Love Tasha

PS - The chocolate fountain!!! :eek: - lets face it, would have been rude not to!!! I'd have had my face in it upside down with my mouth open:eek: :D

Sounds exactly like I am sometimes - BUT - you have still lost 2 lbs!!!:) Also that hovering 4lbs will be mostly glycogen/water and so will easily lost:) .

Like MandyB2 said - baby steps!!

Love Tasha

PS - The chocolate fountain!!! :eek: - lets face it, would have been rude not to!!! I'd have had my face in it upside down with my mouth open:eek: :D

Thanks Tasha!

I think the 4lbs will go quick if I can stick to SSing - trying again tomorrow - I won't ever give up trying to get to target and there is no way I am going to go back up to 19stone - on way jose!!

Choc fountain was lush - LOL at head upside down :D If the kids hadn't of tried to copy me I think I would have been tempted - we bought it was house warming for my lil sis when she moved into her first home! It was lush - funny how it took my 2 nieces (renowned bad eaters) to take over an hour to eat their sunday dinner (mine took about 5 minutes - got 3 good eaters me - mothers children for sure!!...lol) m nieces took about 2 mins to stuff their faces with choc!

Anyway am sat here with hubbies laptop watching the thriller on ITV - it's good so far!

Hope all is still going good in Tasha land:D

Love

I think the 4lbs will go quick if I can stick to SSing - trying again tomorrow - I won't ever give up trying to get to target and there is no way I am going to go back up to 19stone - on way jose!!

Thats the spirit:) - and you are so far down the weightloss road already:D

Enjoy the rest of your evening and remember how nice it is to wake up with an empty tummy!!:)

Tasha

Hi Hun.. the 2lb is progress, baby steps, remember?:), now for the rest!!!! we both know we will get to the end of this journey and I'm with you all the way..whatever it takes:eek::D
I've txted you and hopefully we can get to chat this week.....:D:)
The Paul McKenna book and CD is excellent, I really would give it a go, I think it works well with a VLCD.. the confidence book is great too...:)

Take good care...
Much love as always xxxxxx:):D:)

Thanks Mandy:D and thanks for the text too - it really helped! I haven't eaten a thing since I had some dinner earlier - not even had a 'last stuff' knowing I'm starting again in the morning:eek:

I am determined to finish what I started and I know you'll be there holding my hand....:D

Didn't get round to the Paul McKenna thing tonight - got side tracked by the thriller on ITV - was pretty good - was dragging a bit then all started to kick off around the last 15 mins! The second part is tomorrow and we've friends round for tea - how do I get rid of them by 9pm - not known for leaving till they've track all the booze they bring:rolleyes: - and I'm not kidding - they arrived at 6pm once and didn't got till 1am - OH and I were propping eyes up with matchsticks - fortunately as nice as they are we don't see them often.

Anyway, I've 4 1 litre bottles already filled with water waiting for tomorrow to be glugged - I really am gonna give this my best shot - I want to do it, and I WILL DO IT - as we've been saying for what seems like forever FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION IN MY BOOK HUN - NOR YOUR'S EITHER IS IT?!!!

Have a good day tomorrow - will text you - and you me if you feel the need!

Lots of love

Back