I am very scared !

Just wanted to send my love fillymum. Have just read this post. Have everything crossed for you and hope you're not waiting much longer! Xx
Coljack I'm sending love and thinking of you and your mum too. I know how it feels when a parent is going through what your mum is Xx
Love and hugs to you both xxx

*Sneaks in and hugs Sue, ninja style* :D

Sorry to hear about your mum ColJack. I hope everything will work out just fine for her. My mum was diagnosed in 2009 (aged 67) and had a mastectomy. This May will make it two years since she (kicked cancers butt) was diagnosed.

I hope to hear nothing but good news from the both of you
:fingerscrossed: :hug99:

Coljack, just saw your post. So sorry about your mum. Thinking of you both!

Sue, hope you get that appointment soon so you can get some answers!

Such worrying times for everybody involved.
@ ColJack: So sorry to hear the bad news, my best wishes and big hugs for you and your family.
@ Sue: Hope you will get answers ever so soon, the pressure must be awful. Big hugs x
Jill x

Hi Sue,

Any news about your appointment ?? I hope you managed to get something sorted out.

Gail x

No, still waiting and quite concerned.

I didn't phone because I was taking the old lady to the hospital yesterday and was going to go to the department and see what was happening.

Unfortunately we were on red alert weather wise so I could not drive from here to the hospital. We had torrential rain and hailstones. It was so bad it closed the port in Valencia . I made a new appointment for the old lady for next month.

I am ringing the dept. I need this morning.

The lump has not reduced at all so I don't think it can be an infection. Anyway I am not trying to guess what it is , we are trying to stay calm and think if it had been really seriously we would have heard by now.

I will post the outcome of the phone call and thank you so much for caring enough to post.

hugs xx

I have only just seen this so sorry but I am sending thought and prayers and "hurry up hospital!" vibes to you
Also love to ColJack and his mom

Hi sue so sorry to have missed this post.

My thoughs and best wishes are with you.
The waiting must be awful.

As you may or may not recall my mum isn't too far away from you (if I remember rightly)

She had some major health issues regarding a similar thing and the hospital was very fast to act once they established the problem.

I guess what i'm saying is that if there was a major problem they would have been in touch by now to resolve the issue.

I hope i'm right but in the meantime please except my best wishes x

fillymum said:
No, still waiting and quite concerned.

I am ringing the dept. I need this morning.

The lump has not reduced at all so I don't think it can be an infection. Anyway I am not trying to guess what it is , we are trying to stay calm and think if it had been really seriously we would have heard by now.

I will post the outcome of the phone call and thank you so much for caring enough to post.

hugs xx

Hi Sue,

Although I agree with you that none of us can know what's causing this and you are right to take this seriously, it still could be an infection and the fact that's it's still there doesn't rule that out. Infection can cause glands to get bigger which sometimes go down as the infection settles, but sometimes they get bigger as a reaction to the infection which can take a while to settle (I'm sorry if I'm not making sense). So still need to be cautious about this and have it investigated but nothing is ruled out (or in) at this stage.

Big hugs and hope you get details of the appointment today.

Gail x

Hi Sue,

Although I agree with you that none of us can know what's causing this and you are right to take this seriously, it still could be an infection and the fact that's it's still there doesn't rule that out. Infection can cause glands to get bigger which sometimes go down as the infection settles, but sometimes they get bigger as a reaction to the infection which can take a while to settle (I'm sorry if I'm not making sense). So still need to be cautious about this and have it investigated but nothing is ruled out (or in) at this stage.

Big hugs and hope you get details of the appointment today.

Gail x

Thanks for that. It settles my mind somewhat.

I spoke to an extremely kind and helpful lady at the hospital. She explained to me that even though it has been requested as "preferente", urgent, there is a 3 week waiting list for urgent appointments so goodness knows how long it is for a *normal* appointment. I explained to her that it was urgent because I have had breast cancer and she said she would look into it and see if she could get me the earliest appointment possible.

At least I have done 8 days of the waiting.

sounds like a nice lady. glad ur mind is settled a bit :) will keep coming on here to have a look, and wish u all the best whilst your waiting, although im sure its nothing like you think, xxxx

Feel so helpless...just want you to know I'm still thinking about you xx lots of love xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thank you so much friends.

It has meant such a lot to me to know you have been thinking of me.

It would appear there is nothing I can do to speed up the process. Our hospital is overcrowded and the staff over worked. I just have to wait and try not to think of it to much.

The waiting is awful...it seems its the same wherever u go. It's so unfair and wrong.
Mum had good news yesterday at last, her throat biopsy results were clear, thank God. She now has to have another scan to check if the as yet undiagnosed nodules in her lungs have grown. Don't no wot they r, docs say all they can do is monitor them, and if or when they get big enuff they will do a biopsy. So another waiting game. But the point of me rambling on is that yesterdays results were fine...so there IS good news to be had...I was just hoping u mite take some comfort from that. Not sure if I'm really getting across what I wanna say...just want u to think positive hunni cos its more likely to be good news than bad xx lots of love xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks skinnydawn, that was a great post to open.

I am so pleased for your mum and feel sure I will walk the same path as her.

As you said the waiting is the worst bit. I still haven't said anything to my son as there is absolutely no point in him worrying as well. I will let him know if there is anything for him to know. My sis is the only one outside of here that knows and as she too has had BC she is worrying more than she should do. We are very close, family call us Thelma and Louise lol !!!

hugs xxx

Oh no! I can't believe I've missed this thread!

Sending you retrospective massive hugs & vibes, Sue, to cover all of the last week, as well as ones to last for every day until you finally get some news and can DO something.

I can't believe you've still had the energy to be supportive of me, when all I've been doing is swimming!

I am still waiting and it has been 2 weeks now.

I know they said 3 weeks but tomorrow I will ring again and ask what is happening.

They can not be that worried about me,
so that is a good thing (please god)

Good thoughts go out to you Fillymum. I'm sure you're right in that they can't be too worried about you or they'd have been in touch before now :hug99:

((hugs)) i cant believe i missed this.

please keep us updated, i know you will. I will not worry for you.. instead i will keep positive for you.. because i know you'l be okay ((hugs)) xxx

I am still waiting and it has been 2 weeks now.

I know they said 3 weeks but tomorrow I will ring again and ask what is happening.

They can not be that worried about me,
so that is a good thing (please god)

Hi Sue,

I would definitely ring. I would want to make sure that they have received the referral at least. Even if it is 3 weeks they should know when it is by now. It is sometimes worth asking whether they ever get cancellations - often if people cancel at the last minute they don't fill the spaces (because they can spend ages ringing round and then people would rather keep the appointment that they already have). If they do have cancellations occasionally, I would ring every day or every second day to check because even though you ask, there may be a few people who make the appointments so they won't always remember (or even necessarily have a system whereby they can flag that up).

I am thinking of you. Thanks for updating.

Gail x

Back