I am very scared !

Thanks Hilary.............. I suppose my English head was on.
I should be ashamed of myself as I translate at the hospital but must admit I have never had a lady with problem "down there" lol.

Hope everything goes well for you :)
I havent been on here for ages so have missed this.
cervical is also a term used for the neck area. hugs for you xx

I don't wish to hijack, but my Mum had her op today, in at 07:30, out again by the time I went round at 20:30..
Lump-ectomy.. she's sporting a wrist band stating "Caution, Radioactive"... !!! presumably from whatever dose of treatment they gave her as a first off..

I don't wish to hijack, but my Mum had her op today, in at 07:30, out again by the time I went round at 20:30..
Lump-ectomy.. she's sporting a wrist band stating "Caution, Radioactive"... !!! presumably from whatever dose of treatment they gave her as a first off..

Thats good news ColJack...wishing her a speedy & full recovery xx

@ Sue
I so much hope that you will get the all clear very soon. Can only begin to imagine how frightening this is for you and your family.
xx
@ ColJack
Best wishes and a speedy recovery for your mum.

Am pacing with aplomb with all things crossed, which makes for an interesting route around the living room, waiting for Sue news.

Coljack, glad to hear your mums op went ok. Keep us posted on how shes doing.

Coljack - so happy to hear your mum is recovering well after her op. You could visit in the night and not disturb others with a light if she's radioactive, you'l find her no prob ;)
Sending best wishes to her :D

Hi Sue,

Thoughts are with you at this difficult time - sometimes waiting really is the most awful thing! Hope things get sorted very swiftly for you and that it's all good news.

Coljack - am both sorry and sad to hear about your Mum, glad she was in and out so quickly though, and is hopefully now getting everything she needs.

I feel like I was brought to this post this evening... Was flicking through 'current' threads while waiting for a friend and came across this. I will be honest, I haven't had that much communication with neither Fillymum nor Coljack, but wanted to leave a comment to say my thought were with you, and that I hope all is well.

I didn't.

Tonight I took part in swimathon - the worlds biggest swim - and (successfully) swam 5K in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
When I got to 180 (ish) lengths my arms were absolutely aching and I wanted to stop, but I thought of this thread, and how I hadn't replied... And what the two of you, like many other people were/would be/have been and are going through.
And it REALLY kept me going.

So I needed to come back here, not just because I didn't want to read and run, but because I wanted to say thank you.

Whatever the results, whatever the news - you are amazing strong people, and you cam get through it!!

Thinking of you, wishing you both well.

Elaine x

No Hijack. I am glad you posted as I have wondered how you mum is since you first posted. I did send you a PM but I guess you did not get it as you didn't reply and I know you would not have ignored it.

The radioactive warning is in case any of the female staff are pregnant.

My thoughts are with you and your family, especially your mum as she now starts on the road to recovery.

Tonight I took part in swimathon - the worlds biggest swim - and (successfully) swam 5K in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
When I got to 180 (ish) lengths my arms were absolutely aching and I wanted to stop, but I thought of this thread, and how I hadn't replied... And what the two of you, like many other people were/would be/have been and are going through.
And it REALLY kept me going.

So I needed to come back here, not just because I didn't want to read and run, but because I wanted to say thank you.

Whatever the results, whatever the news - you are amazing strong people, and you cam get through it!!

Thinking of you, wishing you both well.

Elaine x

Thank you Elaine. Without people like you and all the other fantastic people doing sponsored events to support and help the funding of cancer research and the fantastic Marie Curie nurses, The Mac nurses,the wonderful charities that support so many aspects of cancers and the on going effects of it on not just the patient but the families too, I honestly feel that treatments and support would not be as far forward as they are.

One of the avenues I want to explore when we return to the U.K. is the possibility of training to work in some sort of support capacity for cancer patients and their families even if at my advanced age it has to be in a voluntary capacity.

Wow, being new to minimins I have spent many hours trawling through the endless fantastic advice, then I came across this thread. It struck me what a fantastic group of people there are on this forum, and most importantly I would just like to second all the well wishes for Sue, and Coljack's mum. I really really hope it is good news for you both :) (((Big hugs))) xxxxx

Thank you Elaine. Without people like you and all the other fantastic people doing sponsored events to support and help the funding of cancer research and the fantastic Marie Curie nurses, The Mac nurses,the wonderful charities that support so many aspects of cancers and the on going effects of it on not just the patient but the families too, I honestly feel that treatments and support would not be as far forward as they are.

One of the avenues I want to explore when we return to the U.K. is the possibility of training to work in some sort of support capacity for cancer patients and their families even if at my advanced age it has to be in a voluntary capacity.

:thankyou: Thanks for the support Sue :)
I managed to raise £236 (so far) online, £100 at a fundraiser, another £87 last night and I am doing my final fundraiser tomorrow night! So in all I am hoping to have raised £600.

Where about's will you be located in the UK? I work for Marie Curie (Cumbria, Lancashrie and the Isle of Man) so if it was MC you wanted to voulenteer for just let me know, or I can put you in touch with people in that area/send you out details :) (if you wanted - hope you don't think I'm being pushy!)

Any more news from the hospital at all? Hope you're keeping well x

Hi Sue, another thread I've only just found! So sorry to hear of your recent troubles and about your wait to get an appointment - waiting is the hardest part - so I hope it arrives soon.
In case you didn't know, the cervical spine is the top 7 vertebrae below the next. Just sounds as though they are being super-thourough by going lower down because of your previous cancer.
Good luck and keep us all informed of how you are going on.

Hi Sue,
Just checking yr thread for news, don't wana go without saying hi xx
Will POP by again tonight,
Lots of luv xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

So sorry I haven't posted on here sooner, but this is the first time I have seen this thread, I tend to forget about this section.

I really hope you get your appointment soon Sue, I would imagine you just want some answers. Waiting is never easy. So I am thinking of you xxx

Coljack - I hope your mum is recovering well. Keep us updated with how she is getting on.

Thinking about you lovely Sue. Really hope you get your appointment soon. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your mum Coljack. And (((Hugs to both)))

:thankyou: Thanks for the support Sue :)
I managed to raise £236 (so far) online, £100 at a fundraiser, another £87 last night and I am doing my final fundraiser tomorrow night! So in all I am hoping to have raised £600.

Where about's will you be located in the UK? I work for Marie Curie (Cumbria, Lancashrie and the Isle of Man) so if it was MC you wanted to voulenteer for just let me know, or I can put you in touch with people in that area/send you out details :) (if you wanted - hope you don't think I'm being pushy!)

Any more news from the hospital at all? Hope you're keeping well x

I will be in Cornwall and will keep in touch with you. Thanks.

Hi Sue,
Just checking yr thread for news, don't wana go without saying hi xx
Will POP by again tonight,
Lots of luv xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

That is so nice. Thank you Dawn.

The waiting is the pits but I do keep very busy and spend far to much time on here particularly this week as I have a cold and sore throat and don't feel much like doing mega housework,just the essentials........

Today I am sure the lump is a bit smaller. That would be fantastic if it is.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Coljack how is your mum ??? Hope she is feeling as well as can be expected.

cornwall? youll be just up the road from me :D weather should be lovely there too, hope you can enjoy yourself and treat yourself, try not to worry too much for now, no news is good news as they say ;) :) xxx

Back