I can do this, I will do this!

Fatgirl

Thought I would start a diary of my weight loss journey this time....yes I say this time because I have been on this weight loss journey multiple times before. Infact I joined my first slimming club 25 years ago at the age of 15 years old. So I feel doing a diary this time will help me stay on track if I have to report in as such.

A bit about me I am a 41 year old mother of 3 young children. I am a yo yo/binge eating dieter. When I am good I am very very good and when I am bad I am sooooooo bad. I can get to goal it is the struggle of staying at goal that I cannot seem to manage.

I am on Day 4, for the past 4 days I have done 4 packs a day which I plan on doing the majority of time but will throw in the odd day of 3 packs and a meal.

Have found it fine so far, I am used to drinking 2+ litres of water daily anyway.

I have got to goal many times before on various diets the key for me is staying at goal and banishing the years of yo yo dieting.

So weigh in day for me is Saturday morning. So am hoping for a good first week weight loss.

I can do this, I will do this. Am determined to be smaller before the school term starts back in 6 weeks. Am hoping to be in the 12 stone something bracket by then at least.

Day 5

Original Oatmeal
Tuna and salad
Banana shake
Praline bar

Have not been hungry today which is good although I still keep thinking about food and what I would eat if I could, which I don't think is a good thing at all. I need to know how to stop that viscious cycle in my life. I should stick to weighing myself just once a week rather than daily because I know that daily weighing is not a healthy thing to do because I was cross this morning that I had gained 1.5lb since the day before, even though it still looks like I will have a good loss for my first week. Why did I gain when I have stuck to it 100%, of course I know it is not a true gain and weight fluctuates daily but I am addicted to weighing myself.

Am feeling that I can stick to this and not cheat, why cheat it will only mean I have to start again and I am so wanting this weight gone.

Hi Fg, good that you are getting back to losing the weight!
I think the majority of us on here can echo your feelings as we are all fighting to keep the flab at bay. Trouble is it is a lifetimes journey and getting into a fairly good routine will help so much as it will come as second nature.
Don't get disheartened when those "cheats" creep in... I prefer to call them blips as we are all prone to them however hard we might try... it's only being human!

All the very best to you on your journey :)

Oh you sound like me.. There is no such thing as moderation.. I will either eat next to nothing or I will devour an entire packet of biscuits and then some! Weight forever going up and down. If you do have a blip just don't let it spiral.. Get straight back on it! I've had quite a few ;) got everything crossed for you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi Fg
Here to support you, week by week, you're almost at the first goal getting a week done and will have a good weight loss to carry you through into week 2. then you'll have everyone here to listen to you and help as much as they can. Those scales are the devil aren't they, I put mine at the back of the garden shed below as much crap as possible so it takes an age to get them, gotta be pretty motivated to weigh to dig them out more than once a week lol
keep going gal xxx

Morning Fg hope you are doing well xx

Thank you for all the kind and supportive replies it really does mean a lot to me.

A bit late reporting in and have let the diary slip for the past nearly week. I lost 9lbs in the first week which I am happy with although initially in the mid week weigh in it was showing a bigger loss but I think 9lb is a great start. I had a little blip :( over the weekend but got straight back on track. I need to get more organised and make sure I always have an emergency bar in my bag so that I am not caught out. With it being the school holidays we are out and about a lot and I cannot really make packs up. I have ordered a shaker to make that easier making up shakes. Am determined not to buy bigger trousers and I currently cannot do up my trousers which is awful how did I get myself into such a state again. Why don't I just learn.

Well done on your loss Fg xx keep going gal those trousers will soon be loose
I've just learned the hard way about being unprepared also and am determined will never get caught out like that again.

Did you all hear the big thud as I fell off the wagon, yes that was me but no fear here I am dusting myself off and climbing back on. I haven't gained which is good but I haven't lost which is not good. Have just had Day 2 of 100% and I will keep going I have to. Had a depressing clothes shopping trip and nothing is fitting and if I buy bigger clothes that won't help the situation.

I need to stay focused, I am just feeling so down at present I have so much going on in my life at present and I don't feel I am coping with life in general and as an emotional eater that doesn't help. If I stick to this at least that will sort out one mess in my life I guess.

Congratulations for getting back on the wagon :) I take the shaker everywhere with me in a cool bag with 2 bottles of water and 2 shakes for all those emergencies. Its brilliant. Altho I am aware that I look like Im up to no good sitting in my locked car in random car packs mixing up my shakes but what the hell :D The last shaker they sent me wasn't a branded sns one but a different one which actually is really good. To has a little metal whisk type ball inside which mixes the shakes up great & I just drink it straight from the pouring spout lol Just keep focused and strong. Each day at a time x

More ramble from me.....
Am still carrying on doing 4 packs a day. Am trying to break the cycle of having a weigh in day so might try and hold out until the end of the month for weigh in.
What excuses to people come up with when going out and not eating or drinking? I don't want people knowing I am on this diet at all so not sure how to deal with social situations.
Am constantly thinking about food it has to stop.
I am such an emotional eater. I need to do this I was hoping to be smaller before school starts back but that date is getting closer and I am not getting any smaller, I need to be patient.
I must not sabotage my diet because I will be the one to suffer.
Stay strong.

Back