I can do this!!

Just checked the online calculator, and I need to lose another 6pounds to go down another number on BMI. I've already gone down one number after a week so maybe these will be my goals. I have to reduce by 6 more to get to goal, this at least breaks up my weight loss goals into more manageable chunks.

Hi all,
Ooooh the smell of pancakes in this house is lush. Niece and nephew wanted them this morning.
Think I'll have a couple myself tonight, as tomorrow will be a downs day. Couldn't have them this early as I find once I start eating sugar I crave it for the rest of the day.

menu for today is
fruit salad and yoghurt
Omelette with 2 eggs, 2 whites, chicken, cheese, mushroom, pepper, onion

2 enchiladas with oven chips

couple snacks thrown, will involve sugar I suspect as lent is looming!!!

What's everyone giving up for lent?

Thankfully I'm not such a fan of pancakes.... I am toying with the idea of giving up bread but it is a biggy so haven't quite decided yet.....

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh Lord I know, not eating it for a week is hard enough, but you could say for lent that you will just have bread one day at weekend.

Im thinking of giving up biscuits, chocolate and bread. I know it will be super hard but will feel great as well, and just think of Easter Sunday - nom nom

Hello :wavey:

Here to subscribe & follow your progress :)

Wow, you would need a will of iron to give up all those for lent!! I'm debating whether just chocolate is manageable..... always start off with good intentions but never seem to last :(

Well done on your loss so far, 5lb is great for your first week :D

X

I think I'm going to go for it and go off bread. Hope I can manage it! You're planning on going off a LOT!

Hi Emmster.
Thanks, just hope I can stick to it.

Thanks Kitty and Willeatanything.
Just as well lent starts tomoro as I ate far too much yesterday. I think it was because I knew I wouldnt be having them in a while.
And of course it al looks tempting again today.

Also thought of something else I will give up, so on the list is bread, biscuits, chocolate and I also giving up take aways.

DD today and need to be good and have the usual.

Will be tough but good for us I reckon. We don't really do take aways so I'm safe enough there :) Good luck with your DD

Hi all.
UD day today and first day of lent.
havnt been the healthiest yet but still haven't broken lent.
morning started off with a big fry up, was so yum.
Dinner is chicken curry and rice
I have raisins, crackers and cheese and popcorn as snacks.
already eaten too many raisins, had forgotten how sweet they are.

Last edited:
Morning all,
DD today.
Ive been lazy with the exercise this week, hasn't suited my sister to come with me any day this week, so haven't gone but regardless I will go for a walk today.

on the menu today is
skimmed milk 55kcals
2 portions of soup 200 kcal
egg white omelette with the usual 135 kcal
kiwi and a carrot

I also need t decide if I am weighing in after 6 or 8 days this weeks which will be tomorrow or Sunday. Decisions, decisions. I'm more excited about next week weigh in as all my up days will be without junk, so hopefully I should get some really good weigh ins.

Hey :wavey:

So have you decided on your weigh in day?

I think I'll go with Sunday, but will prob pop on scale tomorrow as well but keep Sunday as official weigh day. Hoping for 2lbs this week.

Hi all,
So am waiting til Sunday for official weigh in, giving me eight days since last weigh in.

On the menu today is

porridge made on water with some fruit

Lunch will be bacon, egg and beans (hold the bread!)

dinner will be salmon, potatoes and veg

Snacks will be crackers, raisins, and fruit/yoghurt

Back