"I enjoyed it so it's worth it"

Well said Cocktail, I thought a similar thing myself today.

I woke up today, all ready to start day 1 of my SW EE plan and suddenly had a minor panic. I thought 'how am I going to cope without all my lovely cakes, pies, pizzas and alcohol? That sort of food makes me happy!'. But then it occured to me, if that food makes me happy, why do I feel so miserable about how I look and have such low self esteem? If giving up that food can give me my happiness and confidence back, isn't that worth so much more?

Whenever I feel tempted to give up I'm going to remind myself that eating bad food has resulted in me being 17st + and very unhappy so it obviously is not worth it.

I think that it is all about being caught in a trap - once you break free with a decision to lose weight, it is amazing at how wonderful life tastes.

For me, I love the feeling of not feeling guilty and having pleasure in what I choose to eat now.
x

I agree, it really is a trap - in both directions, eat cr*p and you crave more cr*p, eat well and it becomes addictive. And to add to that, whenever I have a day or so "off-plan", it feels so good to be back on it again.

What is the point of being able to fit into that fabulous dinner gown, if you cannot enjoy the meal that goes along with the ball!!

One "aaahhh I enjoyed it" meal wont make you 1,2,3+ stone overweight
Exactly! I agree that there are odd times when not being on plan is inevitable ........it's just how many times we convince ourselves that THIS time is worth it.

I never ate crap constantly ever. I just ate crap in addition to normal healthy food too many times at my own convincing that the occasion was special enough to warrant it- meals out are special, going to the cinema is special, easter/Christmas/holidays/family gatherings/anniversarys/birthdays/days out etc all add up to a lot of 'special' occasions- Overeating on these occasions made me fat and I completely convinced myself each time that it was worth it for just that 'one' occasion.

Exactly! I agree that there are odd times when not being on plan is inevitable ........it's just how many times we convince ourselves that THIS time is worth it.

I never ate crap constantly ever. I just ate crap in addition to normal healthy food too many times at my own convincing that the occasion was special enough to warrant it- meals out are special, going to the cinema is special, easter/Christmas/holidays/family gatherings/anniversarys/birthdays/days out etc all add up to a lot of 'special' occasions- Overeating on these occasions made me fat and I completely convinced myself each time that it was worth it for just that 'one' occasion.

Yes I do agree that one meal wont wreck your diet, so long as you are ok with getting back on plan. I hope I didnt upset anyone with my posts, I was just trying to say that unfortunately I am just not one of these people, lol, I wish I was.

Yes I do agree that one meal wont wreck your diet, so long as you are ok with getting back on plan. I hope I didnt upset anyone with my posts, I was just trying to say that unfortunately I am just not one of these people, lol, I wish I was.
No- I completely agree with this too!
There were so many people on here before Xmas saying they were going to have some time off and get straight back on it after New Year- unfortunately a lot of those people never came back or have come back but are really stuggling to get back in 'the zone'.

We are all such complex individuals I don't think one rule can be prescribed for all. I just know that I have been very guilty of kidding myself in the past that certain things were 'worth it' and they really really weren't- apart from joining SW of course! :D:D:D

We are all such complex individuals I don't think one rule can be prescribed for all. I just know that I have been very guilty of kidding myself in the past that certain things were 'worth it' and they really really weren't- apart from joining SW of course! :D:D:D

Ill second that :D

The thing is with food is it's so emotive! We call things 'treats' and say if we're 'good' we'll have a chockie bar as a 'reward', then we aren't particularly 'good' and have the choc bar anyway to get the 'reward' feeling, which doesn't come!

I think we need to change the way we 'reward' ourselves!

Back