I fell off the wagon!

Lind

Is feeling the love!
I have just fallen off the wagon!! :mad::cry:

Oh why did I do that?!?

Food talk ahead.......

I ate 2 hot dogs and a small biscuit!!

I don't even know why I did it. They were left overs from yesterday and they were crazing my arse in the fridge and now I feel so crappy and I have probably knocked myself out of ketosis! I can't call my LLC as she is on holiday and now I am scared that I am going to stuggle getting back into ketosis! :cry::sigh:

Hi Lind,
Don't beat yourself up about it. Was there an emotional reason why you ate the food or was it just an accidental slip up?
As my LLC always says, and hopefully yours would too, it's one meal. Wake up tomorrow and see it as a fresh day, put today behind you and just take it one meal at a time. The fact that you feel bad about eating, shows how far you've come on LL as on any other diet it would be so easy to lapse and just go back to eating. But if you can move on, put today down as an experience, and carry on with LL you'll be fine! You may have knocked yourself out of ketosis, but you'll be back in it in no time. Maybe buy some ketostix from your local chemist?
Don't let one mistake get you down.
xxxx

There wasn't even an emotional reason. I think that is why I feel so bad about it.

I have some ketostix so I am going to use one in the morning and have all my fingers crossed!

I am halfway there with the weight loss too!!!

Exactly, your half way so you just need to keep going!
Week 7 is always the hardest week, as Minerva has said before it's the week where the initial excitement of being on LL has worn off, but you've done so well and you've managed 7 weeks so you can definitely survive 7 more.
xxx

Hey Lind,
If i have leftovers that I think will talk to me I now chuck them in the bin
I hate waste, but I say to myself that if someone had eaten them they wouldn't be there anyway. Then I remind myself that I am not the bin!
I have been known to squirt washing on chocolate cake so I 'm not tempted to fish it out of the bin!
Hope that helps.

Hi Lind. I'm having the same problem at the moment...picking at food. I stuck to my 4 packs yesterday and thought of it as the start of my journey...I know that might not make sense, but as I have picked a few times I need to draw a line under that and start again.

You are doing amazingly well and should be very proud of yourself. Hope you have a good day today and good luck

:cry:well, I snapped finally to. pack of oat and raison cookie. strawberries and blueberries.

Emotional reason. No. Had enough and bored of LL yesterday night when walking round Tesco with OH. she said blow it for one night, what do you really fancy....well I buckled. She has been so supportive and she has seen how low I have been the last two weeks. :sigh2:

HOWEVER...... Weighed myself today +5lb...bad bad choice. Now feeling really guilty.:booboo:

Sorry to have to admit this, but what could I do it.

Did it taste good: Yes, do I regret doing it Yes because I didnt think it would be such a change.

Thr porblem now is that I would never have done that in the past, seriously the idea of 5 cookies would make me ill. BUt I was determined to finish the whole pack last night because I had been "bad" so may as well continue.

Mad at myself as its taken 2 weeks to loose that 5lb and it literally goes on over night.

NOt sure I have what it takes to go much longer, if I cant regulate my thoughts and emotions after 3 months of not eating and seeing my achievements and feeling good about them, what hope do I have to continue and maintain.

Feeling a failure, disappointed and guilty.

I never binge like that it was a weird reaction to having been on LL and felt revellious I guess.

Sorry if this dissapoints anyone. Just being honest like Lind.

Not looking forward to getting back in to Ketosis, the headaches, the couple days of hunger, the shame of having to write a plus on my signature here on MOnday, the extra week (if I make it) til RTM, getting on the scales on monday will be horrid. BUT ITS MY FAULT.

Is this begining of the end for me? :sign0007:

dont let it be the beginning of the end. remember everyone has ups n downs just think of it as a minor blip in a longterm plan. you will do it. we can all be our own worst enemy stay positive in the fact that you came on here and admitted it. you havent justified it you have been honest. thats what you should be proud of. your 5lb will be glycogen thatll be off soon if you get straight back in2 your plan. good luck and keep me posted. x

Oooh, give your OH a little (gentle) smack on the bottom!! I know she probably did not mean to do harm, but she has. She needs to encourage you through these days where boredom is getting to you, not entiece you!!! "blowing it for one night" can often turn to more than one night. It is a very slippery slope!

But Flex, you are doing so well, just put it behind you. You did not fail, you just had a particularly strong weak moment and you gave in. You are human. ;)

Just put it behind as if it didn't happen, scold your MRs :), and carry on with the same determination and drive you have within you. You know you do have it within, cause you have done SO well.

Go on FLex! ROCK THIS DIET!!!! You can get to the finish line!

x

Oooh, give your OH a little (gentle) smack on the bottom!! I know she probably did not mean to do harm, but she has. She needs to encourage you through these days where boredom is getting to you, not entiece you!!! "blowing it for one night" can often turn to more than one night. It is a very slippery slope!

But Flex, you are doing so well, just put it behind you. You did not fail, you just had a particularly strong weak moment and you gave in. You are human. ;)

Just put it behind as if it didn't happen, scold your MRs :), and carry on with the same determination and drive you have within you. You know you do have it within, cause you have done SO well.

Go on FLex! ROCK THIS DIET!!!! You can get to the finish line!

x

cheers BL.

Im disappointed, but so far so good today.

but ive found a massive trigger. Listening to the football commentry online. my team lost and in a stupid way and I feel like picking and snacking. Nevermind having a beer.

Nevermind Lind you made a boo boo but you recognised your mistake too and that's a great achievement!

The main thing is not to turn this setback into a major drama! Just keep going with your packs. You're half way to goal and I for one still see you as an inspiration (we have the same amount of weight to lose and you're way ahead of me in your rates of loss!!) plus I welcome your honesty :) you're human not a robot!

Pick yourself up - dust yourself down and carry on your journey. November is our target time - only a few months to go and think of how fabulous we will both look in our sparkly LBDs at Christmas - I KNOW you can do it :D

Thank you lovely people for you replies!

Flex, honesty is the best policy. Like me you just had a moment thats all, and you have come so far don't give up now you would just be admitting defeat and isn't that the one thing we are supposed to be changing?

I have had a good day today, I am just in ketosis and I have been 100%. My hubby has agreed no more left overs, if it's not eaten then it's in the bin!

I don;t have scales at home so luckily for me I can not see the damage I have done!!!

had some headaches last night which I am hoping is me getting ths sugar back out.

Getting anxious about tomorrows weigh in.

Still angry with myself for letting this slip.

oh flex dont beat yourself up....whats done is done (i know that sounds easier said than done) but you cant turn the clock back can you? we just have to learn from it. you just had a bad moment and now your back on track. nest of luck for your weigh in tomorrow make sure you let us all know x

Hi flex and Lind.
Hope you both have a good week and have put your blip behind you where it belongs.
I've had a good weekend and stayed on plan 100%....has been hard not to pick but hey ho here we go again....onwards and downwards with that weight!

Hi flex and Lind.
Hope you both have a good week and have put your blip behind you where it belongs.
I've had a good weekend and stayed on plan 100%....has been hard not to pick but hey ho here we go again....onwards and downwards with that weight!

blip done dusted.

we'll see the damage tonight.
Gotta get my head right. feeling better today about things, but im hoping for 1 or 2lb plus max otherwise im not sure Ill have the will to continue.

Ive wasted a week and £70 and Ive a difficult week ahead and just putting my fingers in my ears and saying lalalalalala will not help.

Need my head right.

Hi flex....you might be suprised and have loss...you don't know.You will be surprised how much water and gylcogen weigh when stored in your liver....so you have not put on *fat*.
It was a blip in your journey, thats all....you haven't blown it and your weight loss is AMAZING!!
Maybe you could talk to your counsellor about how you feel? How about sending an email to her/him? If you can get it down in writing sometimes that helps more than talking face to face. Just suggesting that as thats what I did one week.

Have a read through your book/this forum and maybe write things down. I've been keeping a dairy from day one and it has helped me to write down my feelings through the day.
It is horrible though when you have got to find something else to help with emotions/feelings other than food.

sorry if this reply seems rushed.
Have a good day:)

Good luck for tonight FF, i'm sure since you've put the blip behind you and have had a good weekend you'll be fine. You should get 1/2ibs off at least. But I know what you mean, it's getting tougher towards the end, and I know if I ever stay the same i'll have to search quite hard to find the motivation to keep going!
Let us know how you get on :) I'll have my fingers crossed.
xxxx

good luck tonight Flex ;) x

Back