i gave in to temptation :(

Emmajoyce

Will be a skinny mini!
hi guys im ashamed to say i gave in to teptation today with getting my totm today and an extremly manic day at work, i gave in and had about three oatie biscuits i feel terrible and now feel like giving up its only my fourth day on attack too :(:cry:

Don't sweat it! I read a very helpful hint on a forum about the most common mistakes with Dukan. Number 4 was thinking Dukan works by magic where it is like all diets - less calories in than out. If you up your exercise you can counteract a mistake. Just draw a line under it and get straight back to the diet. It's much more dangerous to get depressed and self destructive about it! Good luck!

Don't be down on yourself, I'm pretty sure every one of us has had a mishap one way or another - I know I have. Tomorrow's a new day, you have done so well getting to day 4, please don't be discouraged. I'm not an expert at Dukan and still relatively new but one of the more experienced members told me to make sure I drank plenty of water and get it flushed out. One of them will be along and will give you good advice, but start with that.

And remember, you're only human and it wasn't a big McDonalds. Be strong xx

aww thanks guys i was doing so well i blame the totm just want to eat everything in sight right now. but ur right tommorows another day back on track ive been drinking around 3 litres of water a day hopefully thats enough? am going to the gym and for a swim tommorow night then weigh day for me thursday x

You'll be ok - Dukan is designed for real human beings who like eating real food and occasionally trip up, despite their best intentions.

Trust me, the diet police will not be calling around to beat you up - and you don't have to do their job for them by beating your self up.

Just throw the rest of the biscuits away, go for a walk, drink water, and you'll be fine.

Im prepared today have drunk 1.5 litres already so am aiming for 4.5

There no need to drink so much - 3 litres (50% than the diet recommends) would be more than enough

(I know I bang on about this - but is really is possible to drink too much water)

Well i always normaly drink 3.5 a day so will stick to that x

Good luck. I am terrified of eating biscuits etc again as I know when I do I can't stop. Sure if you get right back on track you will have burned it all off by going to the gym etc.

Well my few was in fact five biscuits i couldn't stop i regret it but am back 100 percent today x

Trust me, the diet police will not be calling around to beat you up - and you don't have to do their job for them by beating your self up.

Just throw the rest of the biscuits away, go for a walk, drink water, and you'll be fine.
While I'm certainly not the diet police(!), and I agree with Atopos's advice, you will probably no longer be in ketosis which is why most old timers do take a hard line with food or drink "extras". Once out of ketosis, the next temptation is far harder to resist... and we've seen many fall at the next hurdle, or the one after, if not the first.)

The "easiest" way to do this diet is to keep it clean. Drink Vodka+diet coke if you must drink, as wine is full of sugar!

Another reason is that this diet works brilliantly the first time. Even the second or third. But each subsequent restart seems harder and harder, and the results are never quite as spectacular as that first time.

But it's up to you of course!

<Witchy diet police exiting!>

Another reason is that this diet works brilliantly the first time. Even the second or third. But each subsequent restart seems harder and harder, and the results are never quite as spectacular as that first time.

This is a very important point that Dectective Inspector Maintainer makes - you only get so many goes at this, so it's worth sticking to the straight and narrow as long as you possibly can!

The falling figures on the scales are a wonderful motivator.

I gave into temptation, too, yesterday. It was my lad's 10th birthday and I had, god forbid, an incredibly Dukan-unfriendly piece of birthday cake. Whereas the only other time I came off the wagon was planned weeks in advance, this one wasn't. And I can see it's a bit of a slippery slope, so I'm going to be very strict again with myself from today onwards.

Diet Police is what I need!

While I completely agree with Maintainer and Atropos, it might be worth bearing in mind that had you not been on the diet, the resulting binge could have been a lot worse than 5 biscuits. I know that pre Dukan I wouldn't have stopped at 5 hobnobs, but if we now see 5 as a binge then that shows that your mindset has changed if that makes sense. So yes, get yourself back into Ketosis, work harder to escape the trigger next time (the more times you say no, the easier it really does become!) but be proud of the fact that you did stop. That you had the self control not to just eat and eat and eat and finish the pack!

While I completely agree with Maintainer and Atropos, it might be worth bearing in mind that had you not been on the diet, the resulting binge could have been a lot worse than 5 biscuits. I know that pre Dukan I wouldn't have stopped at 5 hobnobs, but if we now see 5 as a binge then that shows that your mindset has changed if that makes sense. So yes, get yourself back into Ketosis, work harder to escape the trigger next time (the more times you say no, the easier it really does become!) but be proud of the fact that you did stop. That you had the self control not to just eat and eat and eat and finish the pack!

i dont even like em normaly im blaming the totm! but yes i did stop my self from finishing the whole pack i threw them in the bin and poured cooking oil over them to the dismay of my husband lol but ive been back on track today x

Glad to read this just in time. My hand was hovering over a packet of breadsticks, but thanks to this discussion I resisted.

I am also new and this happened to me. Did great on attack for 5 days, lost 5 pounds. Then I entered cruise, lost another pound, and after one week my son fell and sustained a concussion so I totally gave in to stress eating and devoured three slices of pizza. Did not do well the next day either. Of course, when I weighed myself I'd gained 3 pounds. What do I do now? Do I restart attack? And for how long? I was alternating PP and PV days. I can't tell you how nice it it is to have experienced and successful people like you all to help in times of need.

Back