I Get Married Tomorrow :0(

I am thrilled my wonderful boyfriend is marrying me but I feel so utterly in despair that the poor bloke is marrying a girl who has let herself look so bad :0( I have even banned pictures - how tragic is that? How on Earth did I let myself get like this? :cry:

Oh no! Honey you're getting married tomorrow!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now's the time to revel in the exciting love you have with your wonderful fiance and enjoy every moment. Believe me the wedding's going to be over before you know it and you don't want to have memories of feeling down on the day! Think of your fiance, how you feel about him, and how much he loves you regardless of your weight. Being in love and celebrating that love is such a wonderful thing, enjoy it! And after the wedding and honeymoon, knuckle down and confront your weight head on. We all know SW works a treat, you just need to do it. Don't fret about your weight now as there's not a lot you can do now. Work on a plan for when you've settled down from the whirlwind of the wedding etc but in the meantime, please enjoy every minute of the preparations, ceremony, party etc. Ooooh I LOVE weddings!

Last edited:
awwww don't worry hun, your OH obviously loves you to pieces or he wouldn't be marrying you. Honestly don't worry about it. Just enjoy your day knowing your with someone who loves you for you and wants to be with you.

...and afterwards if you want to lose a few lbs, go ahead. But don't let it ruin your day.

Take Care sweetie
xx

I am doing a crappy register office (though admittedly I woulodn't want to marry in a church anyway) and we have ten guests as people are poorly, on holiday etc etc. And no matter how hard I have tried my outfit looks CRAP too! I don't earn an awful lot after a huge career change so the whole thing has been done on a tight budget and I almost feel embarrassed about it though only from the guest's perspective, for me personally I don't care if I'm wearing a bin bag as long as me and my chap are there!!

I was at my heaviest when i got married, and you know what? i am glad i didn't care. i had to convince my husband to wear a suit as he rightly thought it was about us and not anybody else. I loved him for it and was damned if i was going to let anything upset me on the day, not the fact that we only had £250 to spend on the reception, that my parents refused to come, that we were as poor as church mice and couldn't afford to go on honeymon. This was our day and we enjoyed every second of it whilst we committed to our relationship. Remember what it is about, you and him, not the guests, not the photograher, not what your friends, relatives etc.... will think of it....... don't let your insecurities destroy the memory of your wedding.
Congratulations! :bestwishes::bestwishes:

:)whether you are a size 8 or a size 28 your still the same person inside and thats who he loves, i was always told its better to of been a big person who has lost weight than be a skinny person to start with, bigger people are better people they are bubbly and nice! once you've got the worry of the wedding out of the way you'll feel happier in yourself and then you can lose weight, as for not having any people around like you said as long as the two most important people are there, you and your fiance hats all that matters! good lock for tomorrow and keep smiling...this is your day remember!!

I am doing a crappy register office (though admittedly I woulodn't want to marry in a church anyway) and we have ten guests as people are poorly, on holiday etc etc. And no matter how hard I have tried my outfit looks CRAP too! I don't earn an awful lot after a huge career change so the whole thing has been done on a tight budget and I almost feel embarrassed about it though only from the guest's perspective, for me personally I don't care if I'm wearing a bin bag as long as me and my chap are there!!

I'm sure you'll look wonderful! Its not a small crappy registry wedding, it's an intimate one with your closest friends who thought enough of you to share your special day with you. You're womanly and voluptuous and glowing with love. Don't get down on yourself, I read an article that said if we all saw ourselves the way our loved ones saw us we would feel so much better about ourselves. We can be, sometimes unfairly, critical of ourselves. Give yourself a break and enjoy your day. Its about so much more than just your weight and trust me, no one is going to be thinking of that. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I was at my heaviest when i got married, and you know what? i am glad i didn't care. i had to convince my husband to wear a suit as he rightly thought it was about us and not anybody else. I loved him for it and was damned if i was going to let anything upset me on the day, not the fact that we only had £250 to spend on the reception, that my parents refused to come, that we were as poor as church mice and couldn't afford to go on honeymon. This was our day and we enjoyed every second of it whilst we committed to our relationship. Remember what it is about, you and him, not the guests, not the photograher, not what your friends, relatives etc.... will think of it....... don't let your insecurities destroy the memory of your wedding.
Congratulations! :bestwishes::bestwishes:

My other half says I need a bit of positive thinking :D I have waited patiently for three years for him to think it was a good idea and I know I am sounding really silly being so negative. I am more bothered that people coming will think it is crap - and I was so upset that my Mum thought a bargain fortnight in Cyprus would be more of a priority than my special day, then my very poorly Aunt (terminal cancer) took a turn for the worse so the only family member I will have there is my Sister :cry:

I love the positivity you exhude and I just know 110% that you enjoyed your day sooooooo much, I need a kick up the bum! We're so skint after I chose to follow a dream career after 15 years and currently our 'reception' will consist of ten people in a pub (i feel rotten because I can't afford to pay for ten drinks and meals!)

I'm sure you'll look wonderful! Its not a small crappy registry wedding, it's an intimate one with your closest friends who thought enough of you to share your special day with you. You're womanly and voluptuous and glowing with love. Don't get down on yourself, I read an article that said if we all saw ourselves the way our loved ones saw us we would feel so much better about ourselves. We can be, sometimes unfairly, critical of ourselves. Give yourself a break and enjoy your day. Its about so much more than just your weight and trust me, no one is going to be thinking of that. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

LOL you're such a positive person :)

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, you're getting married tomorrow to the man you love. He obviously feels the same way otherwise he wouldn't be doing it.

Does it matter where you get married, does it matter how many people are there? No it doesn't all that matters is you & your new husband to be.

My friend got married in a register office & then went to the local pub, it was lovely & your day will be too.

So off you go & get yourself all excited.

Have a lovely day & CONGRATULATIONS :D:D:D

To a fellow yorkshire woman......go to that registary office, hold your head up high and be proud. Your fiance loves you very much and i bet you look absolutley beautiful xx Have a great day.

My OH won't even marry me so how bad do you think i feel LOL

To a fellow yorkshire woman......go to that registary office, hold your head up high and be proud. Your fiance loves you very much and i bet you look absolutley beautiful xx Have a great day.

My OH won't even marry me so how bad do you think i feel LOL

LOL is he also a Yorkshire man?! They're notoriously difficult to tie down :D It took me three years to 'gently persuade' mine to marry me :eek:

LOL my OH is a southerner and trust me they're even worse LOL
Enjoy your day xx

Congratulations xxx

at the end of the day its about you and your OH:) the whole day is your day, dont care what the other people think about it they are there because they love you

The BEST wedding I have ever been to (ive been to a fair few I used to plan them) was a friends in a registry office and we went to the harvester afterwards there was about 15 of us and it was great the bride and groom had a blast she had just married the man she loved she was glowing and she didnt have the stress of saying hello to 200 guests and figuring out who to sit where etc the day was fab because it was about them telling the people they love that they wanted to be together forever it was ace so romantic

enjoy it, its the first day of a new chapter of your life with the man you love who loves you back no matter what you look like (though im sure he thinks your beautiful or he wouldnt be marrying you!) xx

PS mines a Devonian I have been hinting for months and still no rock ! :)

Oh sweetie - you hit the nail on the head when you said you don't care if your wearing a binbag - as long as you & your OH are there, making the all important vow's, that's all that matters :D

Don't beat yourself up that your reception is in a pub, or that there are 10 guests - there are 2 important guests, the rest don't matter.

It is all about the comitment you are making to each other, nothing else really.

I would definatly allow pics thought honey - these are your memories & some day you will wish you had some pictures to look at.

The day always goes so fast it would be nice to capture some of it with a few pics!

I hope you have a wonderful day - enjoy every second x x

Congratulations xxx

at the end of the day its about you and your OH:) the whole day is your day, dont care what the other people think about it they are there because they love you

The BEST wedding I have ever been to (ive been to a fair few I used to plan them) was a friends in a registry office and we went to the harvester afterwards there was about 15 of us and it was great the bride and groom had a blast she had just married the man she loved she was glowing and she didnt have the stress of saying hello to 200 guests and figuring out who to sit where etc the day was fab because it was about them telling the people they love that they wanted to be together forever it was ace so romantic

enjoy it, its the first day of a new chapter of your life with the man you love who loves you back no matter what you look like (though im sure he thinks your beautiful or he wouldnt be marrying you!) xx

PS mines a Devonian I have been hinting for months and still no rock ! :)

Gene Genie - I'm a Devonian and the OH is from Manchester and it took 7 years for me to get my rock!!! Bless 'em all!

And OP you'll have an amazing day - as long as you and your OH are happy then no-one else matters xxxx

I agree on the pics even if its just one picture of you surrounded by your guests you will be happy you have it in a few years time xx plus digital cameras mean you can always say delete that take another !

hun you are getting married tommorrow. tommorrow is gonna be one of the best days of your life if you let it be and relax and enjoy it.
yes ok nothing is how you want and you aren't the weight you would like to be but you are getting married to the man of your dreams and thats all that matters.
I got married last year and I had always wanted a big wedding but my husband didn't and with 2 kids it was a waste of money. so we got married in a reg office with 8 witnesses 4 of them where children. then we had a meal and we watched a show at night and do you know what it was the best day because it was personal I got time with my husband and didn't have to please anyone else.
A few months later we went to my sister in laws wedding and she had a very big wedding and at nite she sat there looking bored.
Hun I wasn't no where near where I wanted to be on my wedding day but you know what I love them pictures cause you can see how happy I am.
enjoy your day hun take lots of photos and then if you want to lose weight after the wedding use your first wedding annivasary as a goal.
congratulation have a great day and we want to hear all about it

Oh hunny, its your wedding day and as you said you have your man there and thats all that matters :)
Don't focus on things you can't change and focus on what important .... your both making a huge commitment to each other to love each other and spend the rest of your life's together.
I got married 2nd time around abroad with my hubbie and my son, didn't want anyone with us....just private as I didn't feel the need to have a big showy event. I just wanted to be selfish and have the day to ourselves and it was amazing, I wouldn't do anything different :D
Huge hugs and have a fantastic day
xxx

Back