Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I have joined a sewing club

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by tara40, 29 September 2011 Social URL.

1. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    at my work.
    I work in a secondary school and for a while now i have wanted to be able to make my own clothes and some for the boys. My hubby has got me a sewing machine for Christmas and i was speaking to the lady here that makes all the costumes for drama and she said that she would start up a sewing machine club. there are about 15 of us and on our first week i made a plain cushion cover complete with zip.
    i have my second lesson at 4 tonight and we are making decorations for cushion covers, dont know the correct name for this.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

How great!! A new skill, some great things, more friends - I'm seeing a win-win-win situation!!!!

You'd think that with my name I'd be able to help and give hints... Unfortunately I can't stitch a straight line!!...pmsl!...

Hope you have a great evening!!

Oooh! Just had a great idea!!!... Christmas presents... Everyone gets a set of 4 cushion covers!!.. Personal and also easy to personalise!!!

Hope you enjoy your class, you little sew-and-sew!!!

4. Hamish's Mum

Hamish's Mum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.7lb(22.41%)
    Diet:
    slim & save
    Sounds great and a way to make new friends with similar likes.

I love making cards and really would love to go to a card making class but never plucked up the courage. Well done you.

5. tara40

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well it was a bit hit and miss. we got to choose which 'plique' (sp) we did and i choose (stupidly) the flower one where you had to make a long sausage strip of satin. then gather it and then make a long circle and machine it onto a cover. blooming hard and i nearly finished (class is about an hour), but am having fun.
    I would love to make cards too. i have a scrap book to start making them for my boys but am unsure how to do them.

6. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just for info it's Appliqué! It's a fab skill to have! Do ask her to show you how to alter clothes we all need tolearn that!

I co-run a papercraft group once a month, scrapbooking and card making mostly, it's fab! We help each other out swap ideas etc all for a fiver 10-4pm there's bound to be one near you!

7. tara40

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Whoops Appliqué :eek:.

I love the idea of a monthly papercraft group, will look into it. i know there is a weekly one but i would prefer a monthly one.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.