I haven't told my GP I'm on LT- will pharmacist still give me the packs?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by catssseyes, 10 January 2009 Social URL.

1. catssseyes

catssseyes Team 1 all the way!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Arggghhhh! I have forgotten to get my paper stamped by GP.
    I started LT last Monday, and I work Tues-Fri (Primary School teacher) so no way of getting to GP as don't get home til 6pm, and am up and out by 7am.
    It's now the weekend and it's closed. I can take it in on Monday afternoon, but have to go to the pharmacy for weigh in at 9am, then have to be somewhere else so won't be free til the afternoon.
    Anyway, I'm rambling, but basically want to know if I tell the pharmacist I have 'forgotten' the paper, will that be ok?
    :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lillie

lillie weighs a lot less

Diet:
    lipotrim
    ive never heard of getting anything stamped before as far as i was aware the pharmasist contacted your gp and as its a pharmacy lead diet it shouldnt be a problem you could always contact LT and see what they say xx

4. slinkymalinkey

slinkymalinkey Feeling fab!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Catseyes, i wasn't asked by my pharmacist to get anything signed or stamped by my GP. Like lillie mentioned, all i was asked to do was fill in my surgery details. Don't panic, i'm sure you will be fine.

5. catssseyes

Diet:
    Cambridge
    He gave me a letter that just told my GP that I was on this diet. They have to stamp it. He said it's just to keep the GP in the loop.

6. Soph

Soph Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    My pharmacy never even asked for my GPs details! I guess they all do it differently.

I would just explain, I think they'll be ok with it as long as 3 weeks later they still haven't got it. They obviously gave you the first weeks supply without advising the GP first so it can't be that urgent.

7. kered

kered Gold Member

I also never had to get anything stamped from my GP before starting lipotrim, but they did query one of the medications that I take, to make sure it was safe for me to start lipotrim.
    Cant you call the pharmacy just to double check?

8. Fattylicious_Gurl

Fattylicious_Gurl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    5st2lb
    Lost(%):
    -3st0lb(-24.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    just do a squiggly signature on it and say u have an old fashioned GP who dont have stamps :D

9. miss_unknown

miss_unknown Banned

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet, what diet?
    Neither did mine and most gps charge a fee (£30) for signing it so make sure ya find out just incase

10. catssseyes

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hahah! Will phone GP and if they are going to charge, I just might do that!

I am not on any medication at all, in good health so no reason really to tell my GP anyway. Thanks ladies!

11. MrsFatBum

MrsFatBum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    i dont think pharmacy even asked about GP :s you should be fine. and im sure they wont refuse you LT if they havent stamped it... do the squiggle like fattylicious said

12. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    The chemist gives you a medical questionnaire to fill out an depending on your answers he will then know if you need to have a doctors consent to do the programme.

Some medical condtions call for your own doctor to supervise you while you are on the programme, this is for your own health and well being.

Lipotrim TFR is not appropriate for some medical conditions as it might interfere with medication.

It would be irresponsible and dangerous as not to declare honestly on your questionnaire and to take the chemist advice if they think you need your doctors consent.

Contraindications:

Pregnant or breast feeding women
    Children
    Anyone who (within previous 3 months) has had

heart attack
    stroke
    serious accident
    operation

Anyone who suffers with
    serious condition
    severe kidney disease
    severe depression
    porphyria
    anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa

Anyone taking the following medication:

insulin
    anti-obesity drugs.

anti-coagulants
    anti-arrhythmia
    anti-convulsants
    lithium

The following needs to be monitored by your doctor if he allows you in the first place to do TFR.

anti-hypertensives
    diuretics
    oral hypoglycaemics
    gout prevention

The above is just a sample and there could be more reasons why it is important to comply both with answering the questionnaire and complying with your Chemist's wishes to have a doctor monitoring you as it is in the interest of your health and well being.

Admin.

This list above is taken from Dr. Alan N Howard's book The Cambridge Diet who is also the founder of the Howard Foundation Research.

13. catssseyes

Diet:
    Cambridge
    It's a letter that is signed by the pharmacist, a standard letter that has 3 tick boxes. When the pharmacist gave it to me, he said, you don't need permission to go on it and you have no problems, so it's just to keep your doctor in the loop so he's aware. The 3 tick boxes say: a) needs permission to go on the diet. b)needs to be monitored by doctor... and c) just to inform you that XXX will be going on this diet and expects to lose weight.
    He ticked box C. He mentioned that it was something he liked to do to keep doctors in touch with what you are doing. I assumed it was something all pharmacists do.
    I have no medical conditions at all. Last time I saw my doctor it was for my check up after having my little girl, 3yrs ago.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.